PDA

View Full Version : 12/12/12/ : A Concert For Sandy Relief @ MSG

HealthyNational
11-17-2012, 05:50 PM
http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=803346
(So far announced) Jon Bon Jovi, Billy Joel, Alicia Keys, Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Roger Waters, Kanye West and The Who.
http://www.121212concert.org/

It's great to see the big boys (and girls) stepping up for this. My money is on The Stones being added as they'll be in Brooklyn on the 8th and Joisey the 13th & 15th. U2 and Sting seem to be likely choices; Elton might as well throw his hat into the mix too.

80s were ok
11-17-2012, 10:54 PM
not for nothing, but saying things like "It's great to see the big boys stepping up for this" puts them down. Most of those artists have done great benefit concerts going back to the 80's (like "Live Aid"). They've always stepped up. Should be a great night for those who actually attend.

HealthyNational
11-17-2012, 11:45 PM
not for nothing, but saying things like "It's great to see the big boys stepping up for this" puts them down. Most of those artists have done great benefit concerts going back to the 80's (like "Live Aid"). They've always stepped up.
Comparing this to "Live Aid"???? Really??? Maybe that's why I'm so surprised that Macca and The Who are giving their time. Well Sir Paul does spend time out in the Hamptons; which was left relatively unscathed. Waters has a home in downtown NYC that was hit hard. The Boss, Bon Jovi and Billy Joel all have ties to areas hit; well, ok,, Billy lives on the north shore of Long Island which was barely touched.
The Who (The Two?) really are the surprise for me. Even at the show in Brooklyn a few nights ago, there was no mention of Sandy by Roger or Pete. Whatever. I expect if the other big locals are added, (Madonna, Jay Z (conflict due to MSG and not Barclays?)) the seats will all be filled. Wondering if a Katrina-esque tv showing will happen. Live feed overlayered by donation phone requests would be great for this.

80s were ok
11-17-2012, 11:47 PM
Comparing this to "Live Aid"???? Really??? Maybe that's why I'm so surprised that Macca and The Who are giving their time. Well Sir Paul does spend time out in the Hamptons; which was left relatively unscathed. Waters has a home in downtown NYC that was hit hard. The Boss, Bon Jovi and Billy Joel all have ties to areas hit; well, ok,, Billy lives on the north shore of Long Island which was barely touched.
The Who (The Two?) really are the surprise for me. Even at the show in Brooklyn a few nights ago, there was no mention of Sandy by Roger or Pete. Whatever. I expect if the other big locals are added, (Madonna, Jay Z (conflict due to MSG and not Barclays?)) the seats will all be filled. Wondering if a Katrina-esque tv showing will happen. Live feed overlayered by donation phone requests would be great for this.uh no - not comparing it to "Live Aid" - well, actually both are benefit concerts, but whatever....