PDA

View Full Version : Djam Karet News Update: November 15, 2012.

ProgScape
11-15-2012, 11:05 PM
It's been awhile.....................

Herd of Instinct's New Album: Conjure ... will be released Tuesday, January 22, 2013 on Djam Karet's label Firepool Records. It features all of the original members of the band, with Djam Karet's Gayle Ellett on keyboards, and includes special guests Colin Edwin (Porcupine Tree) and Joel Adair (Legacy Brass Quintet), amongst others. You can grab an audio and visual taste of Conjure here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMNIbXSSi0I)
It will be a great way to start your New Year!

Djam Karet's New Album: The Trip ... will be released in March of 2013.
The Trip is a cinematic journey through time, consisting of one new continuous piece of music clocking in at right around 48 minutes. This new studio album features the entire extended 5 piece DK lineup from The Heavy Soul Sessions. The final mix is being painstakingly assembled now and music samples will be posted in the beginning of 2013.

Djam Karet have also been busy working hard in the studio, writing and rehearsing most of the summer and fall in the hot box of White Arrow Studios, and are now in the active process of recording even newer material. These sessions also include original Djam Karet member Henry Osborne on bass. The fruition of these sessions will be new albums released as a series of projects mid-to-end of year 2013 and into 2014, the 30th Annivesary of the band. Numerous possible live dates and touring to coincide with the 30 Year Anniversary of Djam Karet in 2014 are currently in the works. There is much to look forward to!

....................silence can be a good thing.

notallwhowander
11-15-2012, 11:17 PM
Fuck yeah! Great news!

tarkus61
11-15-2012, 11:25 PM
one word: "BajaProg"

dropforge
11-16-2012, 01:08 AM
Djam Karet's New Album: The Trip ... will be released in March of 2013.
The Trip is a cinematic journey through time, consisting of one new continuous piece of music clocking in at right around 48 minutes. This new studio album features the entire extended 5 piece DK lineup from The Heavy Soul Sessions. The final mix is being painstakingly assembled now and music samples will be posted in the beginning of 2013.

Excellent!

Djam Karet have also been busy working hard in the studio, writing and rehearsing most of the summer and fall in the hot box of White Arrow Studios, and are now in the active process of recording even newer material. These sessions also include original Djam Karet member Henry Osborne on bass.

:up:up

Haruspex Carnage
11-16-2012, 02:12 AM
Good...has there been an album since the one that has The Packing House on it? That one came on randomly off my ipod the other day and i was like yeah, miss this stuff!

ProgScape
11-16-2012, 06:34 AM
That was "Recollection Harvest" back in 2005. They've releaed a "live in the studio" album called "The Heavy Soul Sessions" a couple of years ago which is a cool listen.

MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER
10-01-2016, 02:14 AM
loved Regenerator

any news about a followup?

JKL2000
10-01-2016, 09:09 AM
loved Regenerator

any news about a followup?

You might want to get the compilation Swamp of Dreams if you haven't already. Older tracks remastered, it's very good. I actually somehow didn't even realize it was a compilation of older tracks when I ordered it and first listened to it.

MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER
10-02-2016, 12:04 AM
Swamp of Dreams is indeed quite good