PDA

View Full Version : Typo In Thread Title

Radiohost
11-11-2012, 07:43 AM
Help! I have a typo in my thread's title. I don't seem to be able to find a way to edit that, even if I'm editing my post. Have I overlooked something?

Poisoned Youth
11-11-2012, 03:24 PM
It's somewhat counter-intuitive, but I figured it out.

You click on "Edit Post" at the bottom of your post.

THEN, it brings up an edit window. But if you scroll down there, you'll see another button for "Edit Post". Click on that and it allows you to rename your thread title.

Trane
11-12-2012, 10:11 AM
It's somewhat counter-intuitive, but I figured it out.

You click on "Edit Post" at the bottom of your post.

THEN, it brings up an edit window. But if you scroll down there, you'll see another button for "Edit Post". Click on that and it allows you to rename your thread title.

Mmmmhhhhhh!!!... I tried that with my LTIA thread and it didn't update the title (which I had wanted to add "review" after "boxset")... It only updated it on my OP, but not the whole thread

http://www.progressiveears.org/forum/showthread.php/214-Lark-s-Tongue-In-Aspic-40th-anniv-and-boxset

Crystal Plumage
11-13-2012, 02:17 AM
AFAIK thread titles can't be changed by posters. Only by the moderators.

Duncan Glenday
11-13-2012, 09:54 AM
AFAIK thread titles can't be changed by posters. Only by the moderators.

Titles can be changed by members within the first hour. I.e. if you made a typo or whatever, you can go back an fix it.

After that hour, only mods can change it.

rick and roll
11-13-2012, 11:57 AM
Titles can be changed by members within the first hour. I.e. if you made a typo or whatever, you can go back an fix it.

After that hour, only mods can change it.

Like the 5 second rule!

Poisoned Youth
11-13-2012, 06:53 PM
Thanks for clarifying, Duncan.