PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow-Live in Munich '77 [remastered DVD & CD due]

Rufus
04-26-2013, 10:07 AM
I have the original DVD & CD that was released a few years ago! Long time since I played the DVD but I remember the audio not being too clear, despite 5:1 surround. Am hoping this remaster will improve things & am also looking forward to seeing the additional documantary 'Rainbow over Texas '76'. Coming on Blu-ray too but not sure how this will improve the visuals ? On the downside though, the DVD dosn't have Stargazer, whilst the accompanying CD recorded at the same concert does !!!

On April 30, Eagle Rock Entertainment will release RAINBOW's "Live In Munich 1977" on 2CD, DVD, and 2LP.

Captured during the band's 1977 European tour, "Live In Munich" is the only full live concert ever filmed with the classic Ritchie Blackmore/Ronnie James Dio/Cozy Powell classic lineup. With newly remastered sound, this is also the first time this complete concert is available on vinyl.

RAINBOW was the brainchild of legendary guitarist Ritchie Blackmore, created in 1975 after his departure from DEEP PURPLE. A string of hit albums ignited immediate success, which persevered until 1983, when Blackmore disbanded the group (and rejoined DEEP PURPLE). Featuring the line-up of Blackmore, Cozy Powell (drums), Bob Daisley (bass), David Stone (keyboards), and premiere rock and roll vocalist Ronnie James Dio, the excitement in the air during this night was electric. This might be due, in part, to Blackmore's late arrival to Munich just before the concert, after being smuggled out of Austria after trouble with the police at a gig two nights earlier. This seemed to inspire both the band and the audience to create a truly remarkable gig.

The DVD includes original promo videos for "Long Live Rock 'N' Roll", "Gates Of Babylon" and "L.A. Connection", a photo gallery, slideshow with audio commentary, interviews, and the "Rainbow Over Texas '76" feature, which includes additional interviews and performance footage. Truly, "Live In Munich 1977" is a brilliant showcase of the primal electricity of RAINBOW.

sotdude
04-30-2013, 04:10 PM
Eagle Rock is re-releasing a ton of stuff that already came out just a few short years ago, so I wouldn't assume they are going to do any additional remastering on any of them.

Rufus
05-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Eagle Rock is re-releasing a ton of stuff that already came out just a few short years ago, so I wouldn't assume they are going to do any additional remastering on any of them.

It's not an asumption....the press release above said it has re-mastered sound !!!

JeffCarney
05-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Man, I thought this DVD sounded great. What in the hell would it need to be "remastered" for?

Morenoplo
08-18-2013, 05:29 AM
Thanks for sharing good reference.