PDA

View Full Version : Round House (The Japanese Band)

Progbear
11-10-2012, 04:17 AM
It looks like they’re back:

http://youtu.be/zWGWBXBk03I

I guess only the guitarist and bass player were from the original band. And are the drums pre-recorded or sequenced? Whatever, I think the violin works really well with this song (what about those false eyelashes, though?).

-------------
MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"Siento que debemos saber para el sueño de quién brillará esta luz
o consagrar una propia estrella" --Alberto Felici

N.P.:nothing

Progbear
11-11-2012, 04:09 AM
No one? Does nobody own their strangely-titled album Jin-zo-ni-n-gen? I admit, I only have 70s West Japanese Rock Scene, which just has the one track. I believe Scheherazade and Maria were the other bands that eventually had full (archival) albums released, though Tenchi-sozo later became Ain Soph. No idea if there’s any other stuff by the rest of the acts, but Charisma’s one song is cool (and based on the one track, I might want to track down that Maria disc).

-------------
MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"'Thin Thighs For Your Man.' But I don't *like* men with thin thighs" --Daria

N.P.:“French Sky Lines Suite”-Earthstar/French Skyline

Shadow
11-11-2012, 07:31 AM
Just saw the thread. I have four cds by them. If I remember correctly they are similar to Ain Soph. Will listen to the most recent one today.

Shadow
11-11-2012, 09:09 AM
Just listened to 3-D and am now listening to Wings To Rest. These two cds sound more like a cross between Kenso and Prism with 3-D a little more spacial with keyboard /orchestration sound and Wings a little more crunchy with more guitar.

Zeuhlmate
11-11-2012, 09:38 AM
This tune souds very inspired by Zamla

Shadow
11-11-2012, 10:16 AM
Just finished listening to Jin.Zo-Ni.N.Gen, this was the one that had a little Camel/Ain Soph influence. The title track on West To Rest starts out sounding like Moondance by Van Morrison. I thought that was kind of interesting.

adewolf
11-11-2012, 11:24 PM
"Jin.Zo-Ni.N.Gen" I have this and like it. I started a thread years ago on this band but got no responses.

Zalmoxe
11-13-2012, 09:52 PM
I have 3-D and Jin.Zo.Ni.N.Gen. The other two are very hard to find, if I am not mistaken.

Shadow
11-13-2012, 11:21 PM
I also have a live disc by them.

Shadow
11-13-2012, 11:23 PM
"Jin.Zo-Ni.N.Gen" I have this and like it. I started a thread years ago on this band but got no responses.

I think it was your flatulence. ;)

MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER
10-01-2016, 02:09 AM
It looks like they’re back:

http://youtu.be/zWGWBXBk03I

I guess only the guitarist and bass player were from the original band. And are the drums pre-recorded or sequenced? Whatever, I think the violin works really well with this song (what about those false eyelashes, though?).

-------------
MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"Siento que debemos saber para el sueño de quién brillará esta luz
o consagrar una propia estrella" --Alberto Felici

N.P.:nothing

loved that! but... if you can only afford 5 musicians, dump the Saxophone and hire a drummer

did this ever result in a 5th album?

TheH
10-01-2016, 06:52 AM
No one? Does nobody own their strangely-titled album Jin-zo-ni-n-gen? I admit, I only have 70s West Japanese Rock Scene, which just has the one track. I believe Scheherazade and Maria were the other bands that eventually had full (archival) albums released, though Tenchi-sozo later became Ain Soph. No idea if there’s any other stuff by the rest of the acts, but Charisma’s one song is cool (and based on the one track, I might want to track down that Maria disc).

Scheherazade later became Novela, they also reunited (2010?) and had at least two new albums. Charisma reunited (with the guitarist of Kennedy!) and had an album out one or two years ago.

That Roundhouse track sounds really good, have to track them down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPn53v_8X1Y&feature=youtu.be

TheH
10-01-2016, 07:52 AM
loved that! but... if you can only afford 5 musicians, dump the Saxophone and hire a drummer

did this ever result in a 5th album?

Yuup, in 2013 they released another one

http://www.musicterm.jp/images/cd_img/020576da.jpg

Progbear
10-02-2016, 09:14 PM
Wow, this thread is like Contac™! Time-release!

I just listened to the Maria track off of 70s West Japanese Rock Scene and forgot how much I liked it (Also linked above). I need to track down the whole album one of these days.