PDA

View Full Version : Any chance of putting in more emoticons?

Scott Bails
11-08-2012, 11:37 PM
Can we get more?

Can we get all of the artist logos from the old site?

Can we get some cool animated ones that weren't featured on the old site?

Is there a limit to how many we can have?

Just wondering. :D

Trane
11-09-2012, 08:27 AM
Well we could get a whole new set of tem... I only liked visually a few of them: :O :D ;) X)

I thought this one really wasn't a good model :rofl

But that's anything but urgent (IMHO)

Duncan Glenday
11-11-2012, 07:49 PM
If you can find emoticons that are no more than 16 pixels high AND are freely available to the public (i.e. no copyright problems) - then let me know.

Until then, we're stuck with those that were on the original PE site, and the newer ones I designed myself...

...including this one :rofl ...

:p

Trane
11-16-2012, 05:57 AM
Hey Duncan,

didn't mean to put your :rofl smiley down, but check these out:

and

Hobo Chang Ba
11-17-2012, 02:55 AM
:up

Duncan Glenday
11-17-2012, 12:09 PM
Hey Duncan,

didn't mean to put your :rofl smiley down, but check these out:

and

The question is ... can we use them legally? I.e. are there any copyright issues?

The mods have discussed this, and think we have a plan. It will take a bit of time, though...

Trane
11-17-2012, 12:32 PM
Mmmmhhh!!!...

Another smiley I preferred in 2.0 was the :D... this one isn't quite as .... fun

Was there a reason for the change??

80s were ok
11-17-2012, 01:37 PM
The question is ... can we use them legally? I.e. are there any copyright issues?

The mods have discussed this, and think we have a plan. It will take a bit of time, though...

i would hope that additional emoticons would be near the bottom of the list of "to do" items related to the new site. Maybe even below the bottom of the list..

Trane
11-17-2012, 04:27 PM
i would hope that additional emoticons would be near the bottom of the list of "to do" items related to the new site. Maybe even below the bottom of the list..

all work and no play will make Duncan a dull boy ;)
I think Dunc loves creating smileys... the PMs are filled with them

On the other hand, if I agree that smileys are not top priority, it certainly isn't up to you to set the order of urgent matters ;)

Duncan Glenday
11-17-2012, 11:44 PM
Next most urgent thing is a chat room ... then, figuring out what to do about the 4,000+ reviews.