PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I buy records with food stamps?

saulgoodman
03-16-2013, 04:48 PM
Seriously, I don't see why I am unable to go to my local ALDI and purchase the whole Triumvirat back catalogue with food stamps. Makes no sense to me.

Thoughts?

mozo-pg
03-16-2013, 04:50 PM
It's an enigma.

JKL2000
03-16-2013, 05:02 PM
You idiot, that's what unemployment benefits are for!

Vic2012
03-16-2013, 05:10 PM
:lol.best thread everrrrrrrrreverrrrrrrrr

Shadow
03-16-2013, 05:29 PM
Seriously, I don't see why I am unable to go to my local ALDI and purchase the whole Triumvirat back catalogue with food stamps. Makes no sense to me.

Thoughts?

Because ALDI doesn't carry name brands, you would have to buy Triumvimouse.

trurl
03-16-2013, 05:41 PM

You might notice a difference, but your wife wouldn't.

mozo-pg
03-16-2013, 05:48 PM
You might notice a difference, but your wife wouldn't.

Do Not See Me Rabbit sounds excellent.

ronmac
03-16-2013, 07:16 PM
You need CD stamps, not food stamps.

Clearly, you're part of the 47%. :roll ;)

Hobo Chang Ba
03-16-2013, 07:19 PM
I once ate a CD.

My intestines bleed for days. Bloody stool went everywhere. I even vomited through out the night. Later, I got a massive infection. The doctors had to remove most of my large intestine, spleen, colon, gallbladder, left fibula, esophagus, tongue, a lung, and half my liver. Strangely, I can now see inferred light and when I blink cats run away from me. Sometimes, I feel psychic too, but that usually passes when I change the colostomy bag.

trurl
03-16-2013, 07:20 PM
Do Not See Me Rabbit sounds excellent.

Thank you!

ronmac
03-16-2013, 07:24 PM
I once ate a CD.

My intestines bleed for days. Bloody stool went everywhere. I even vomited through out the night. Later, I got a massive infection. The doctors had to remove most of my large intestine, spleen, colon, gallbladder, left fibula, esophagus, tongue, a lung, and half my liver. Strangely, I can now see inferred light and when I blink cats run away from me. Sometimes, I feel psychic too, but that usually passes when I change the colostomy bag.

Sounds like you got pretty close to the edge.

Trane
03-17-2013, 04:30 AM
I once ate a CD.

You're supposed to eat them while drinking Coke... helps the digestion, and helps disolving the outel label (btw, the jewel case is OK with ketchup, but I find mustard tastier).... but don't use the microwave: 15 mins in a cooking bath (don't unwrap it).... of course, if you're going to try this with the Bieber pizza topping, you'll still be in for a diarrhea

Hobo Chang Ba
03-17-2013, 05:14 AM
Sounds like you got pretty close to the edge.

Yes. There was alot of Drama involved. I still feel pretty Fragile most days.

Hobo Chang Ba
03-17-2013, 05:18 AM
You're supposed to eat them while drinking Coke... helps the digestion, and helps disolving the outel label (btw, the jewel case is OK with ketchup, but I find mustard tastier).... but don't use the microwave: 15 mins in a cooking bath (don't unwrap it).... of course, if you're going to try this with the Bieber pizza topping, you'll still be in for a diarrhea

Interesting techniques. I did go about it plain...only slightly sauteed with a little bit of salt, pepper, and cumin. I tried to wash it down with microchips but the blood pouring out of my mouth was too much to swallow.

If my stomach ever feels better I will try the jewel case. I too am quite the mustard fan, so thanks for the tip. I was also thinking of trying casettes. Much smaller, and should go well with a dry cabernet or some instant dry concrete.

gryphs also
03-17-2013, 11:03 AM
All joking aside, I understand the request...

Thirty years ago I was at teacher's college in the middle of the worst year in my life. I had been living for 2 months on powdered chicken soup mix and whatever anyone threw in the pot for me. I talked to a friend from home for an hour on the phone. He could tell I was in a bad place. He wrote a letter and in it he put a gift certificate for the big record chain in Canada. His note said that he thought about putting money in the envelope but I would waste it on something like food and I needed something for my soul. I ended getting "Body and Soul" by Joe Jackson. That recording still have great meaning for me today.

CDs with food stamps? The request is valid in my books...

saulgoodman
03-17-2013, 11:55 AM
well it's better to be able to buy records with food stamps, than to download music illegally, right?

Shadow
03-17-2013, 04:06 PM
well it's better to be able to buy records with food stamps, than to download music illegally, right?

Now that's a grey area

Vic2012
03-17-2013, 05:39 PM
Why can't I get laid? :lol

Shadow
03-17-2013, 06:26 PM
Why can't I get laid? :lol

I heard you can with enough food stamps. ;)

Vic2012
03-17-2013, 06:51 PM
:lol

Dave (in MA)
03-18-2013, 12:13 AM
Come to Massachusetts.

There's nothing that you can't buy with your EBT card.

Scott Bails
03-18-2013, 12:15 AM
All joking aside, I understand the request...

Thirty years ago I was at teacher's college in the middle of the worst year in my life. I had been living for 2 months on powdered chicken soup mix and whatever anyone threw in the pot for me. I talked to a friend from home for an hour on the phone. He could tell I was in a bad place. He wrote a letter and in it he put a gift certificate for the big record chain in Canada. His note said that he thought about putting money in the envelope but I would waste it on something like food and I needed something for my soul. I ended getting "Body and Soul" by Joe Jackson. That recording still have great meaning for me today.

That's one hell of a friend.

Seriously.

No Pride
03-18-2013, 05:45 PM
I heard you can with enough food stamps. ;)
Yeah, women get almost as turned on by food stamps as they do from King Crimson's "Thrakattak."

but don't use the microwave
I did actually microwave a CD once. You get real pretty multi-colored flames, if you can stand the smell.

Polypet
03-18-2013, 05:57 PM
you're silly, Ernie :lol

Digital_Man
03-18-2013, 06:37 PM
I wonder if prog goes good with raman noodles. I've never tried it. :)

trurl
03-18-2013, 06:43 PM
Yeah, women get almost as turned on by food stamps as they do from King Crimson's "Thrakattak."

Hey, a workin' girl's gotta eat.

Obscured
03-22-2013, 12:47 AM
You idiot, that's what unemployment benefits are for!
Exactly!
(The thread should have ended right here.)

progholio
03-26-2013, 02:24 PM

but isn't Triumvirat considered a generic knock-off with ELP being the name brand? then they should have it at ALDI, probably could find you some Starcastle too.

Pr33t
03-26-2013, 03:17 PM
ALDI only sells Tachikas.

Rune Blackwings
03-31-2013, 08:52 AM
Exactly!
(The thread should have ended right here.)

but then we would have missed the yes jokes and that would be unacceptable...

Jefferson James
04-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Funemployment!