PDA

View Full Version : As an ad man's wife Betty Draper is no Samantha Stevens

Brian Griffin
03-15-2013, 06:01 PM
Madmen season 5 on Netflix 3/25

BG

JIF
04-23-2013, 04:53 AM
How is this show? I'm been wanting to see it, because I like John Hamm in The Town and January Jones in American Wedding. In fact, I just saw January interviewed on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon.

Brian Griffin
04-23-2013, 08:51 AM
Great show, didn't get into it until last year, when my wife and I watched Seasons 1-4 in short order

Betty should not take my Samantha comments to heart, as those are impossible shoes to fill

BG

SteveSly
04-23-2013, 08:45 PM
How is this show? I'm been wanting to see it, because I like John Hamm in The Town and January Jones in American Wedding. In fact, I just saw January interviewed on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon.

One of the best shows on TV right now. You have to watch it from the beginning though. My wife and I came in late and like Mr. Griffen watched the first few seasons on DVD before catching up to it live.

Steve Sly

Rune Blackwings
04-26-2013, 09:07 PM
Great show, didn't get into it until last year, when my wife and I watched Seasons 1-4 in short order

Betty should not take my Samantha comments to heart, as those are impossible shoes to fill

BG

how do you compete with a wife who can clean the house, cook dinner and have a triple martini ready just by twitching her nose?

SteveSly
04-26-2013, 10:42 PM
One of the best shows on TV right now. You have to watch it from the beginning though. My wife and I came in late and like Mr. Griffen watched the first few seasons on DVD before catching up to it live.

Steve Sly

All that being said, so far this season I have been a little bit disappointed. They seem to be focusing more on the soap opera aspect (everyone sleeping with everyone else) over the ad agency part of the story. It is still great and maybe things will pick up as the season goes on, but so far I think this year is a slight step down.

Steve Sly

Brian Griffin
04-27-2013, 07:30 AM
how do you compete with a wife who can clean the house, cook dinner and have a triple martini ready just by twitching her nose?

Samantha portrays a major sweetheart, reminds me of my own beloved : )

BG

SteveSly
04-29-2013, 09:07 PM
I thought last night's episode was a pretty big step up dealing with the Martin Luther King assasination.

Steve Sly

Sheerah
05-01-2013, 05:59 PM
I think this season doesn't even compare to the previous ones.
The show is loosing its luster at the moment for me.

But dang folks, January Jones is a knockout.
Just google her name and you'll get photos like this:

Vic2012
05-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Samantha Stevens was hotter than Genie. Samantha was a stone fox :bad.

Brian Griffin
05-07-2013, 07:22 AM
Samantha Stevens was hotter than Genie.

Yes is better than Genesis!

BG