PDA

View Full Version : Herd of Instinct New Album Preview

warrplayer
11-07-2012, 05:08 PM
Posting the teaser/preview for the new Herd of Instinct album 'Conjure' coming January 2013 from Firepool Records. Though Gayle Ellett is listed on the video as special guest I'm going to let the cat out of the bag (and hope the band doesn't kill me) and announce Gayle is the Herd's new full time Keyboard player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMNIbXSSi0I

11-07-2012, 05:16 PM
Fantastic!

NogbadTheBad
11-07-2012, 05:20 PM
Great news loved the last one

Jon
11-07-2012, 06:15 PM
Great news loved the last one

I'll second that.

Anyone know if the band ever gives live performances?

Jefferson James
11-07-2012, 06:19 PM
This sounds great!!!

warrplayer
11-07-2012, 08:40 PM
Anyone know if the band ever gives live performances?

Jon, yes, they gig regularly in the Dallas area though they did put that on the back burner while they were recording the new album. They are also hoping to arrange a festival appearance next year.

notallwhowander
11-07-2012, 08:51 PM
Excellent. I'm another who has really gotten a lot out of the last album. It's great to hear that there will be a follow up.

HilltopMan
11-08-2012, 02:19 AM
Works for me! Looking forward to the new album

Boceephus
11-08-2012, 03:21 AM
I love the first one. Definitely an "auto-buy" for me. Will this one be completely instrumental?

spknoevl
11-09-2012, 01:06 PM
I enjoy alot of their stuff and the fact that they're local (Dallas) is encouraging for what I find to be stagnant local music scene.

warrplayer
11-09-2012, 02:56 PM
I love the first one. Definitely an "auto-buy" for me. Will this one be completely instrumental?

Yep, no singalongs on the new album.

Jon
11-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Jon, yes, they gig regularly in the Dallas area though they did put that on the back burner while they were recording the new album. They are also hoping to arrange a festival appearance next year.

Need the info.

Thanks very much.

Corbie
11-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Brilliant stuff. I too loved the last one and spent a lot of PE time bigging it up. Great to hear this preview, thanks.

FrippWire
11-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Loved the first release and will be all over this one. Looking forward to it.

warrplayer
11-10-2012, 06:19 PM
Need the info.

Thanks very much.

No info at this point. They will be sending the new album out to a number of festival organizers and hoping for the best. Hopefully something will pan out for them.

Boceephus
11-28-2012, 01:49 AM
Any updates on a "pre-order?"

ProgScape
11-29-2012, 02:23 PM
Nope. My assumption is that we'll be putting it up on the Firepool Records mini site we've got up at http://www.djamkaret.com once the discs come back from being pressed...

Boceephus
01-08-2013, 02:57 AM
It's been awhile. Any news on the release?

Dean Watson
01-08-2013, 06:31 AM
Nice! Awesome you got Gayle too! I hope this does well for you!

NogbadTheBad
01-08-2013, 08:03 AM
Early review from Raffa

http://progmistress.com/2013/01/07/herd-of-instinct-conjure-2013/

Supersonic Scientist
01-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Auto-buy indeed!

warrplayer
01-17-2013, 06:30 PM
Sorry, Bo. My PC has been down all week. It will be out on Tuesday. Should be available from DK's site and most of the well known dealers.

NogbadTheBad
01-17-2013, 07:02 PM
Excellent news.

warrplayer
01-17-2013, 11:05 PM
Opps. What do I know? Djam Karet just posted on facebook that the album will be available tomorrow!

Boceephus
01-18-2013, 02:59 AM
Finally! I've been looking forward to picking this up.

notallwhowander
01-18-2013, 09:07 AM
I've been looking forward to this too. :up

Boceephus
01-18-2013, 02:06 PM
Can someone post a link to the pre-order?

warrplayer
01-18-2013, 02:55 PM
Can someone post a link to the pre-order?

I'm trying to get hold of DK. Assuming it will be up on the store site today, but I will let you know as soon as I hear from them.

warrplayer
01-18-2013, 10:26 PM
Okay, DK says sorry, the site should be updated tomorrow (Saturday)

Boceephus
01-19-2013, 02:39 AM
Thanks, Dave.

The pre-order page is up, cd ordered.

warrplayer
01-19-2013, 01:21 PM
http://djamkaret.com/store.php

$12 and they are having a special on postage for a few days...save some big bucks especially if you are outside the U.S.

warrplayer
01-24-2013, 10:39 AM
you can preview every song on the album (and download the album or individual songs) at CDbaby.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/herdofinstinct2

notallwhowander
01-25-2013, 07:12 PM
I just got my disc! I'm ripping it in right now, and even got to upload the track info to Gracenote. :up

So if any of the track names are misspelled, it's my fault. :p

Corbie
01-30-2013, 03:47 AM
Have to say that, jusding by the camples, this one's a killer. Looking forward to it arriving at Burning Shed.

warrplayer
02-10-2013, 03:01 PM
Have to say that, jusding by the camples, this one's a killer. Looking forward to it arriving at Burning Shed.

https://www.burningshed.com/store/artrock/

Burning Shed is now taking orders but says it won't be shipping the album out until March 11th. I'm guessing Firepool Records got blind sided by the recent postal increase and ended up having to ship to the overseas distributors by slow boat. Still, cheaper than ordering from a US source if you are Europe. Worth waiting for. :)

Corbie
02-10-2013, 06:52 PM
https://www.burningshed.com/store/artrock/

Burning Shed is now taking orders but says it won't be shipping the album out until March 11th. I'm guessing Firepool Records got blind sided by the recent postal increase and ended up having to ship to the overseas distributors by slow boat. Still, cheaper than ordering from a US source if you are Europe. Worth waiting for. :)

Heh.... Last thing I did before coming on to PE here was order this from burning Shed. As you say, it'll be worth the wait! :)

Sunhillow
03-31-2013, 09:00 AM
I'm not sure, but I think I like their debut a tad bit more. Even so, it's a strong follow-up. Here's the brand new stream at 128 kB/s at Progstreaming of the whole album: http://www.progstreaming.com/_wb/pages/play-album.php?activeAlbum=00385 - Herd Of Instinct - Conjure

Sputnik
03-31-2013, 09:16 AM
I'm just now catching on to these guys. After sampling the second album I would up getting both a little while back. I've spun them a few times and I really like them. I don't hear a huge difference between the two (other than some production improvements on the new one), but I suppose that may emerge over time. For now I'm just digging them both and feeling happy I made the discovery.

Bill

Yanks2014
03-31-2013, 12:58 PM
Thanks for posting the clip, I'd been meaning to check them out for some time. Cool stuff, I'll likely pick this up soon. And for some reason, I just love the band name.

warrplayer
04-25-2013, 10:00 PM
On the off chance anyone hasn't had a chance to hear this yet, the entire album is available on progstreaming for another week or so.

http://www.progstreaming.com/_wb/index.php

Dave

NogbadTheBad
04-25-2013, 10:16 PM
It's been on permanent rotation in my car ever since I got it about a month ago. Really good stuff.

Jefferson James
04-26-2013, 11:03 AM
On the off chance anyone hasn't had a chance to hear this yet, the entire album is available on progstreaming for another week or so. Dave

Thanks for the ears-up, Dave -- I'm all over this this morning. Sounds great! I enjoyed the debut and this seems to be taking things a bit further and has a stronger presence. Nice!

JKL2000
02-23-2021, 02:48 AM
I didn't quite want to start a new thread for this, so I'm using this one, which is closest to the time HoI's first album was released (2011). I just got the first album (s/t) from Wayside. Get a load of the guests making appearances on the album:

Gayle Ellet (he wasn't yet the band's full-time guitar player)
Jerry Marotta
Markus Reuter
Pat Mastelotto
Gavin Harrison

Pretty impressive. HoI is one of my new favorite bands! In addition to this album, I also got the two Spoke of Shadows albums that Mark Cook recorded with Bill Bachman - can't wait to listen to those! Mark Cook appears on several instruments on the last two albums by the band Hands, which is pretty cool! I need to fill in the gaps in my Hands collection!

Sputnik
02-23-2021, 01:50 PM
I didn't quite want to start a new thread for this, so I'm using this one, which is closest to the time HoI's first album was released (2011). I just got the first album (s/t) from Wayside. Get a load of the guests making appearances on the album:

Gayle Ellet (he wasn't yet the band's full-time guitar player)
Jerry Marotta
Markus Reuter
Pat Mastelotto
Gavin Harrison

Pretty impressive. HoI is one of my new favorite bands! In addition to this album, I also got the two Spoke of Shadows albums that Mark Cook recorded with Bill Bachman - can't wait to listen to those! Mark Cook appears on several instruments on the last two albums by the band Hands, which is pretty cool! I need to fill in the gaps in my Hands collection!

I have all the HoI and SoS CDs. Great stuff! The first one is probably my least favorite. It seems a little sonically uneven to me, and I think they were still developing their sound. That said, I still like it. But starting with their second album I really start digging their albums!

Had the pleasure of interviewing Mark not too long ago for a NewEARS radio show. He's a super nice guy, and there's a lot happening with both HoI and Sos, so new stuff will be on the way soon!

Bill

JKL2000
02-28-2021, 10:31 PM
I have all the HoI and SoS CDs. Great stuff! The first one is probably my least favorite. It seems a little sonically uneven to me, and I think they were still developing their sound. That said, I still like it. But starting with their second album I really start digging their albums!

Had the pleasure of interviewing Mark not too long ago for a NewEARS radio show. He's a super nice guy, and there's a lot happening with both HoI and Sos, so new stuff will be on the way soon!

Bill

That’s great to hear. I’ve started keeping Djam Karet, HoIn, and SoS in a separate section, and a few solo-ish things in their own section now because I listen to the stuff so much. I love it!