PDA

View Full Version : Real PE join date

Trane
02-15-2013, 04:11 AM
Just a suggestion, but it would be nice to be able to see just how long the PE 3.0 participabnts have registered on PE, all version together)

Right now, 95% of us are marked as Nov 12 (as I), but that's kind of misleading as to their long-standing PE participation... Can this be adapted or is this feasible (entrering a date earlier than the 3.0 creation date)??

but it would be nice to see that Geezer's been here since 1968 :p

Duncan Glenday
02-15-2013, 09:54 AM
We thought about that. We could do it, but it would take an enormous amount of work to:

- Extract join dates from the old system *quite easy)
- Match user IDs from the old system to the new (a LOT of people changed their names, or tweaked the spelling etc.)
- Insert the dates into the new system - whether in bulk via SQL or manually, still a big job.

Anyone volunteering? ;)

Remember - PEv2 had our join dates in that system, and not the dates people joined PEv1 - the original Yahoo version of PE.

progeezer
02-15-2013, 09:58 AM
but it would be nice to see that Geezer's been here since 1968 :pI was here before that, young man, but no one (including me) knew it.:p:p

walt
02-15-2013, 10:39 AM
Geezer's been here since 1968 :p

..1968 BC.;)

Trane
02-15-2013, 11:52 AM
Anyone volunteering? ;)

Remember - PEv2 had our join dates in that system, and not the dates people joined PEv1 - the original Yahoo version of PE.

How about letting those who care about it do it themsdelves (if possible/feasible)... of course this would require a certain honesty to respect the real date, in order not to try and appear an oldie when you're not

Yeah, I was thinking of the 1.0 when writing the OP, but since that dates pre-Geezer days (:p), I wouldn't know if you did have the joining dates still in the archives system

Sheerah
02-20-2013, 02:31 PM
Heck, my old join date? I'm not even sure what my previous ID was.
Yeah, it's been a while.

NeonKnight
02-20-2013, 02:43 PM
I've pondered this situation myself but the solution never presented itself.