PDA

View Full Version : Politics Group?

JKL2000
02-14-2013, 10:55 AM
I've been informed that there's a Politics group on PE, but all I see is a small, private group. Is there a politics group that's not private?

Scott Bails
02-14-2013, 11:04 AM
Doubtful.

Which way do you swing - Lib or Con?

I'm sure you could get an invite to either.

JKL2000
02-14-2013, 11:26 AM
Whichever group thinks it's funny that Marco Rubio tried to "sneak" a drink of water during his speech!

Seriously, though, if it's not a mix of all stripes, what's the point? IMO the reason for a Politics Group would be as a forum for the kind of political discussion which isn't allowed in the PE forums. Know what I mean?

Mods, can I start a non-partisan, non-private Politics Group on PE? By non-partisan I mean ALL political topics would be allowed.

Scott Bails
02-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Good luck. I predict that it will turn into a troll/flame fest by the first page.

JKL2000
02-14-2013, 11:32 AM
But that'd be fine. Like a political toilet stall - write what you want on the walls!

MudShark22
02-14-2013, 11:32 AM
Anyone can start any group at all. Whether people will join is another story.

I started a group to celebrate that every day is Lino's birthday. Feel free to stop in and wish the Master a glorious day.

progeezer
02-14-2013, 11:35 AM
Feel free to stop in and wish the Master a glorious day. All the people at the Ontario bait shops do indeed report that Lino is a Master Baiter.

MudShark22
02-14-2013, 11:36 AM
Must be his gnarly hook then....

Yodelgoat
02-14-2013, 11:39 AM
Sneaking a drink of water is really a problem? Hillary Clinton and Dianne Finestein have been caught farting on camera, and thats not press worthy? You need a little private room for little private thoughts. Perhaps some tissue to clean up afterwards.

The first flame has been thrown!

If drinking water in public is funny, what do you think of the late Eddy Kennedy? I bet thats even funnier!

Poisoned Youth
02-14-2013, 11:41 AM
If it's a public group that anyone can drop in and join to discuss all politics, the answer is no.

We prefer politics and religion are not discussed at PE at all. Sometimes, it becomes unavoidable or bleeds over into a musical topic. In the past, the mods have given lots of latitude toward such subjects, but time and time again they devolve into conflicts between members and lots of complaints sent our way. Even though one could make an argument that ALL such discussion should not be allowed here on a music site, the compromise to this is that there is one private group that discusses topics from a liberal slant, and one from a conservative slant. Even those are subject to review by the mods to make sure they don't turn into incendiary discussions (which they generally don't because they generally agree with one another).

But honestly, I fail to see why people can't just use Facebook and the GAZILLION other sites out there on the internet to discuss politics and religion when they just can't resist. PE is not the right place for it.

JKL2000
02-14-2013, 12:24 PM
Sneaking a drink of water is really a problem?

Who said it was a problem? I just think it's funny, and so did most major media outlets.

Hillary Clinton and Dianne Finestein have been caught farting on camera

The Clinton one is fake, haven't seen the other.

Dave (in MA)
02-14-2013, 05:01 PM
Marco Rubio tried to "sneak" a drink of water during his speech!He was on camera the whole time, reached out of view and grabbed a bottle and then took a drink on camera. I don't get how that's "tried to sneak".

Dave (in MA)
02-14-2013, 05:03 PM
Marco Rubio tried to "sneak" a drink of water during his speech!He was on camera the whole time, reached out of view and grabbed a bottle and then took a drink on camera. I don't get how that's "tried to sneak".
What's funny is the local talk show host here who sneezed on the air and then apologized for not getting to the "cough button" quickly enough. Then he proceeded to honk into his kleenex on the air for about the next 15 seconds.

Dave (in MA)
02-14-2013, 05:04 PM
Sorry, I meant to edit the first one, not post another one.

Yodelgoat
02-14-2013, 05:13 PM
Who said it was a problem? I just think it's funny, and so did most major media outlets.

JKL2000: "I always listen to what the news media reports. They are so superior and smart, and they have no agenda, and if they ever made anything appear to be something its not, their pants would all catch fire."

(actually, JK200 has his own agenda. He has 3 years to convince Americans that Marco Rubio is a total water drinking idiot. If we are still talking about this in October of 2016, he will consider his work a success) WTF???

Yodelgoat
02-14-2013, 05:16 PM
The Clinton one is fake, haven't seen the other.

How canyou possibly know that? did you smell it? You cant fake that! Hahaha! probably Smelled like Janet Reno's fruit basket.

Dave (in MA)
02-14-2013, 05:18 PM
He who smelt it, dealt it.

80s were ok
02-14-2013, 05:32 PM
i'm sure if it's opened, it will be very one-sided.

Steve F.
02-14-2013, 05:32 PM
But honestly, I fail to see why people can't just use Facebook and the GAZILLION other sites out there on the internet to discuss politics and religion when they just can't resist. PE is not the right place for it.
I strongly, strongly concur.

Yodelgoat
02-14-2013, 05:36 PM
I strongly concur too. Those jack offs who cant shut up should be fracking nailed to a tree and bled out.

Scott Bails
02-14-2013, 05:39 PM
That's a little extreme, don'cha think, Yodelgoat?

wideopenears
02-14-2013, 06:08 PM
And so the trolling begins......:roll

80s were ok
02-14-2013, 06:15 PM
I strongly concur too. Those jack offs who cant shut up should be fracking nailed to a tree and bled out.

disturbing....

VickiLynn
02-14-2013, 06:19 PM
And so the trolling begins......:roll

So, that was that....

ronmac
02-14-2013, 09:11 PM

The reason is that, when people find common interests, like prog, in this case, they also discover that they share other interests and choose to discuss them. I've made several friends here that only happened because of our non-prog-related interests. And, I've learned a hell of a lot because of it.

I understand the need for policing the public areas, but who gives a shit if a private group chooses to enhance their own PE experiences by communicating on issues other than how Phil Collins ruined Genesis or the dysfunction of Yes?

Those jack offs who cant shut up should be fracking nailed to a tree and bled out.

Lovely. :roll

Dave (in MA)
02-14-2013, 09:33 PM
That's a little extreme, don'cha think, Yodelgoat?Was I wrong in sensing a satirical "modest proposal"?

ronmac
02-14-2013, 09:45 PM
So, let me see if I have this right.

I see groups for Sci-Fi and Fantasy, TV seasons, Roman Catholicism, Dr. Who, Smoking weed, Weather, Prog babes, Unemployment resources and more.

Yet, PE only gets uptight over the fact that there's a political one.

Poisoned Youth
02-14-2013, 09:52 PM
Ron, I am not sure why you feel so passionately about this. You're one of the first ones to enter political discussions to swipe and jab at those that disagree with you. You're not exactly the poster boy for political tolerance.

This is very simple. The site philosophy and TOS ask posters who post here not engage in political and religious discussions.

This is a music forum. It is not a forum for expressing your views on politics, religion, race, sexual orientation, or any other sensitive subjects. There are literally thousands of forums on the Internet for those topics - and this is not one of them.

Why come here to debate it? If you don't like it, why stick around?

And there are two political discussion private groups as you well know. If anything, those should be removed - not added to.