PDA

View Full Version : Chris Dorner

meimjustalawnmower
02-13-2013, 12:23 AM
Sometimes it's less about being evil, and more about being dumber than a bag of hammers.

Yodelgoat
02-13-2013, 01:31 AM
bag of hammers! great Oh brother where art thou reference! Yeah, Murder can be cool - if you think like an idiot. He's had his 15 minutes. He should be down under, pushin up wheat for the hungry... (name that reference!)

rapidfirerob
02-13-2013, 12:52 PM
It appears he's dead in a last stand in a cabin in Big Bear, Ca. Good riddance!

Gruno
02-13-2013, 01:01 PM
I knew something was up when fleet upon fleet of helicopters kept going by my place yesterday. News coverage was almost immediate. Some crazy stuff!

meimjustalawnmower
02-13-2013, 01:04 PM
Dude put most of his energy into that stupid manifesto. Don't think that being holed up in a cabin in the mountains was his plan to begin with, as he had previously attempted to steal a boat and purchased scuba gear. The fact that his burned out truck had a broken axel seems to imply that he was stranded. So, like the ol' man used to say - "Son, if they were smart, they wouldn't be criminals."

meimjustalawnmower
02-13-2013, 01:07 PM
bag of hammers! great Oh brother where art thou reference!

Actually picked that up from a friend who used to say it 30 years ago.

Gruno
02-13-2013, 01:32 PM
he had previously attempted to steal a boat and purchased scuba gear.

The scuba gear could also be used to thwart tear gas attempts. Don't know if they were still with him in the cabin.

The fact that his burned out truck had a broken axel seems to imply that he was stranded

They aren't sure if the axel was broken prior to the truck fire or when the tow truck pulled it out.

Without hearing confirmation, my guess is that since he was ID'd near the border in San Diego and also Riverside... his home in Vegas would also be a no-go -- so he jammed up to the mountains to wait out the initial search.

Yanks2014
02-13-2013, 01:38 PM
A definite rule of thumb, if you actually write a manifesto, you are crazy! Thank goodness this bastard is dead, saved the taxpayers the cost of a trial. The sickest part, aside from the killings was his phone call to a victims father. true evil. The 2nd worst part are the sick fools who were rooting him on. Back when "Natural Born Killers" came out, I thought it was so absurd to have people supporting and cheering them on. Guess it wasn't so far fetched.

meimjustalawnmower
02-13-2013, 01:41 PM
Without hearing confirmation, my guess is that since he was ID'd near the border in San Diego and also Riverside... his home in Vegas would also be a no-go -- so he jammed up to the mountains to wait out the initial search.

This would all make sense except that leaving behind his truck was a big ol' honkin' clue as to his possible whereabouts, dontcha think? And what about the boat?

Scott Bails
02-13-2013, 01:42 PM
What's sad (apart from the four folks he killed) is that he may have had a good point about the corruption and racism in the LAPD. Hell, I believe he was wronged.

But obviously, you can't go around killing people just because you don't like how things went down. He became what he was railing against.

And I have no problem with his death.

Scott Bails
02-13-2013, 01:42 PM
This would all make sense except that leaving behind his truck was a big ol' honkin' clue as to his possible whereabouts, dontcha think? And what about the boat?

I thought I heard this morning that he was camped out across the street from the police station for a couple days?

Jefferson James
02-13-2013, 02:31 PM
The fact the LAPD let firepower reign loose on three utterly innocent people -- not to mention endangering untold numbers of civilians -- speaks volumes about their credibility or, rather, lack thereof. I don't condone Dorner's cowardly actions, and I am relieved the man has met his demise and the "campaign of terror" is over, but I believe his beef with the LAPD is likely legitimate. Do a YouTube search for "LAPD beatings", there's a list as long as your arm.

Vic2012
02-13-2013, 03:11 PM
No confirmation yet on the "charred remains."

Plasmatopia
02-13-2013, 03:34 PM
I can accept that Dorner may have ultimately deserved death for his actions. I don't accept that it was up to the cops to mete out that punishment. Particularly when they were meting it out on innocent citizens with similar looking vehicles.

Gruno
02-13-2013, 04:02 PM

Remember, he wrote that he knows every tactic law enforcement was to do, so any rational thought might be out the door anyway. He told the owner of the boat that he could retrieve the boat in Mexico. Why would he tell anyone his current plan? Maybe he was going to abandon the boat somewhere as to make the search go elsewhere...? As for his truck in the mountains, that might have been a diversion. If he hid out long enough -- maybe even another day or so, the 'coast might be clear' to head back down the mountain. As it was, by yesterday the search was cut in half and had already eased up a bit. The command center was moved.

A lot of stuff we will never know or will be kept away from, for sure.

The pieces to the puzzle I am most curious about are the two maids he tied up. They would have the most amount of info on this event.

Jefferson James
02-13-2013, 04:31 PM
The pieces to the puzzle I am most curious about are the two maids he tied up.

Dude, you are so kinky. :)

progeezer
02-13-2013, 04:40 PM
A definite rule of thumb, if you actually write a manifesto, you are crazy! Thank goodness this bastard is dead, saved the taxpayers the cost of a trial. The sickest part, aside from the killings was his phone call to a victims father. true evil. The 2nd worst part are the sick fools who were rooting him on. Back when "Natural Born Killers" came out, I thought it was so absurd to have people supporting and cheering them on. Guess it wasn't so far fetched.Google Charlie Starkweather and/or Caril Ann Fugate, Thomas, the whack job teens who went on a killing spree in 1957-58. Harrelson's and Juliette Lewis's roles were based on them. There was some historical fact in with the Hollywood script.

meimjustalawnmower
02-13-2013, 04:58 PM
Look up Bonnie & Clyde while you're at it, Yanks.

Hollywood also has a history of glorifying criminals and demonizing cops.

Yanks2014
02-13-2013, 08:36 PM
Look up Bonnie & Clyde while you're at it, Yanks.

Hollywood also has a history of glorifying criminals and demonizing cops.

I didn't say the killing they did seemed far fetched, there have been plenty of mass killers on the run. It was the hero worship thrust upon them in the movie that I was referring to. And sadly, it turns out it wasn't far fetched. Sick losers.

Yanks2014
02-13-2013, 08:41 PM
I can accept that Dorner may have ultimately deserved death for his actions. I don't accept that it was up to the cops to mete out that punishment. Particularly when they were meting it out on innocent citizens with similar looking vehicles.

They had to stop this guy, and yes, had to use deadly force. Arrest him? Why, so he can get a team of lawyers and he could spread more of his inane messages, and spur on these idiots supporting him? No, he does not make a good point about the LAPD, he's just a flat out nut job bent on killing. A few bad apples does not mean the whole LAPD is guilty of anything other than doing their job, a very difficult job. Could there be corruption? I'd be shocked otherwise in a force that big. But to let this asshole dictate investigations, and for him to be lecturing the LAPD is just wrong. The story here is him, and the families who's lives he ruined forever. He took away loved ones, lets not forget that. He is the monster, not the LAPD.

meimjustalawnmower
02-13-2013, 09:00 PM
I didn't say the killing they did seemed far fetched, there have been plenty of mass killers on the run. It was the hero worship thrust upon them in the movie that I was referring to. And sadly, it turns out it wasn't far fetched. Sick losers.
We're actually on the same page here, Thomas. I think that the police did exactly what they needed to do. I don't think it's what they wanted to do. That's the only difference. It was this guy who forced the situation.

progeezer
02-13-2013, 09:25 PM
I had forgotten until the Alzheimer's cloud cleared that Natural Born Killers was the SECOND movie made about Starkweather/Fugate. The first was Terence Malick's "Badlands", released in 1973 with Martin Sheen and Sissy Spacek in the roles.

Scott Bails
02-13-2013, 10:24 PM
We're actually on the same page here, Thomas. I think that the police did exactly what they needed to do. I don't think it's what they wanted to do. That's the only difference. It was this guy who forced the situation.

Now this I disagree with. I doubt there's a cop alive in California that didn't want to kill this guy.

meimjustalawnmower
02-13-2013, 10:30 PM
Now this I disagree with. I doubt there's a cop alive in California that didn't want to kill this guy.
I wasn't referring to their individual desires.

Scott Bails
02-13-2013, 10:44 PM
Then what are you referring to?

No one will admit it publicly, because it's not PC, but everyone on that force, from administrators on down, wanted that guy dead. No one wanted to bring him in, they wanted him dead.

If they brought him in, then his story about how he was wronged and about how corrupt the LAPD is would become the story. Now, they'll do a pro forma investigation to get the media off their backs and the story goes away.

meimjustalawnmower
02-13-2013, 10:44 PM
FOX is trying to get some extra mileage by suggesting that the body is not Dorner. I think it's meant to be a distraction. ;)

meimjustalawnmower
02-13-2013, 10:56 PM
Then what are you referring to?

No one will admit it publicly, because it's not PC, but everyone on that force, from administrators on down, wanted that guy dead. No one wanted to bring him in, they wanted him dead.

If they brought him in, then his story about how he was wronged and about how corrupt the LAPD is would become the story. Now, they'll do a pro forma investigation to get the media off their backs and the story goes away.

Yeah, but that's what you think. Doesn't mean it's true. And it really doesn't matter anyway, because Dorner had options other than to kill four people and practically putting the entire State of California on lockdown for two weeks. Once he chose that option, then everything was off the table. So fuck him, and bless our men and women in blue.

Scott Bails
02-13-2013, 10:59 PM
Oh, I agree that he dug his own grave.

I just don't understand your statement.

And I'll agree by saying "bless our men and women in blue with integrity."

Again, I think that he probably had some valid points.

meimjustalawnmower
02-13-2013, 11:18 PM
Oh, I agree that he dug his own grave. I just don't understand your statement.

My statement being that it would be in the best interest of the public and the police to take the guy alive, and while you may disagree, I don't subscribe to some others' beliefs that every cop is corrupt, and if there was any suggestion of such then why would the LAPD use a high profile situation to attract even more attention? It doesn't make sense.

Scott Bails
02-13-2013, 11:24 PM
I agree that it's in the best interest of the public to take the guy alive.

I completely disagree that the police would think it's in their best interest to take him alive.

That's not saying that every cop is corrupt - just that they don't want to be under the microscope. Otherwise they would completely welcome and cooperate with Internal Affairs and other internal investigations.

And they're not going to get more attention now - that's the whole point. Now the attention is on whether the guy in the cabin was actually him. Everyone has forgotten what set him off in the first place, and he's not here to make it an issue anymore.

meimjustalawnmower
02-13-2013, 11:52 PM
I agree that it's in the best interest of the public to take the guy alive.

I completely disagree that the police would think it's in their best interest to take him alive.

That's not saying that every cop is corrupt - just that they don't want to be under the microscope. Otherwise they would completely welcome and cooperate with Internal Affairs and other internal investigations.

And they're not going to get more attention now - that's the whole point. Now the attention is on whether the guy in the cabin was actually him. Everyone has forgotten what set him off in the first place, and he's not here to make it an issue anymore.

Dude, this ain't some TV cop drama. Internal Affairs? Give me a fucking break. The whole goddamned world saw this thing unfold. No one has forgotten anything. Dorner's supposed argument - legitimate or otherwise - went away the moment that he murdered a human being, so in effect he sealed his own fate. There was going to be no chance of redemption after that point. So even if he lived, it wouldn't make any more difference than what prison he would have to live out his life in. The discussion re police corruption will always exist.

meimjustalawnmower
02-14-2013, 12:17 AM
Chris Dorner did nothing to help his own case except to convince a buncha looney toons that he was some sorta anti-hero. He might get a made-for-television movie starring LL Cool J, and that'll be it.

Vic2012
02-14-2013, 04:49 AM
I've yet to read/hear any positive confirmation that the charred remains in the cabin have been confirmed to be Dorner. Now, before people start rolling their eyes, yes, I'd say it's probably Dorner's charred remains (99 percent probability), but I've yet to see or read anything positively IDing it as him. If the guy was fried to a crisp and totally unrecognizable, then okay, do your DNA/forensic stuff. But I'd think they could probably recognize him right away if he wasn't fried to a crackley crisp.

Plasmatopia
02-14-2013, 08:19 AM
They had to stop this guy, and yes, had to use deadly force. Arrest him? Why, so he can get a team of lawyers and he could spread more of his inane messages, and spur on these idiots supporting him? No, he does not make a good point about the LAPD, he's just a flat out nut job bent on killing. A few bad apples does not mean the whole LAPD is guilty of anything other than doing their job, a very difficult job. Could there be corruption? I'd be shocked otherwise in a force that big. But to let this asshole dictate investigations, and for him to be lecturing the LAPD is just wrong. The story here is him, and the families who's lives he ruined forever. He took away loved ones, lets not forget that. He is the monster, not the LAPD.

Well pardon me for questioning the actions of the almighty police. Even though I haven't done anything wrong, I'll just bend over now and get ready to accept my mandatory body cavity search followed by a gratuitous spray of high velocity pieces of lead.

The whole point is that arresting someone can be an important part of actually identifying that they have the right person. I mean if they'd actually done even the most basic amount of due diligence they wouldn't have shot 40 times into the wrong vehicle...one that contained 2 women, not 1 man.

Sorry, but that risk comes with the job and they should know that when they sign up. It's not all fun and racist beatings of unarmed people every day. Sometimes you gotta at least let people get out of the vehicle with their hands up so you can identify them before you fill 'em full of lead.

Scott Bails
02-14-2013, 08:35 AM
Dude, this ain't some TV cop drama. Internal Affairs? Give me a fucking break. The whole goddamned world saw this thing unfold. No one has forgotten anything. Dorner's supposed argument - legitimate or otherwise - went away the moment that he murdered a human being, so in effect he sealed his own fate. There was going to be no chance of redemption after that point. So even if he lived, it wouldn't make any more difference than what prison he would have to live out his life in. The discussion re police corruption will always exist.

We're in agreement about his losing personal credibility when he started killing people. But if he lived through this, he'd be able to give names and specific incidents, he'd have a voice.

Now it's like a witness to the crime has been killed.

The discussion will exist, but without any of the specifics that Dorner could have provided.

And of course that's his own fault.

But the idea that they didn't want to kill him is just silly, IMO.

JKL2000
02-14-2013, 11:01 AM
Do you think the Tobacco and Firearms folks wanted to kill the people at Waco? Maybe this was just an accident like that. Maybe a stupid accident, but an accident.

Scott Bails
02-14-2013, 11:02 AM
There were a lot of innocents at Waco. Nothing innocent about Dorner.

Apples and oranges

Gruno
02-14-2013, 11:05 AM
I doubt there's a cop alive in California that didn't want to kill this guy.

I would say there are many who wanted him dead. I know a lot of police officers/Sheriffs in Southern California. Two of my very good friends are police officers in San Jose and Long Beach. Both 15+ year veterans. When the Big Bear standoff began, I sent a text to my friend in San Jose. His reply was "They need to kill him and end this." Now, this friend of mine is not someone who would normally say something like that even while joking. My other friend was very vocal on his FaceBook page along with many of his fellow officers. I am not saying every officer wanted him dead, but from the comments read and in talks with my friends, there were many who definitely didn't want to see him taken alive.

An odd thing for me regarding this case:
When this entire thing started a couple of weeks ago, I was interested in the story. As local L.A. news began reports about the manifesto, they started to report on the suspects full name, Christopher Jordan Dornan. At one point a reporter referred to him simply as Chris Jordan. For about 10 seconds, I went into a daze. Why? Well, when I bought my home from a friend of a friend, the previous owner's name is Chris Jordan... and is an LAPD officer. Once I snapped out of it, I realized my Chris is in his 40s and still an active officer. Whew!

Gruno
02-14-2013, 11:10 AM
Do you think the Tobacco and Firearms folks wanted to kill the people at Waco? Maybe this was just an accident like that. Maybe a stupid accident, but an accident.

I asked my friends about the 'burner' that the officials shot into the cabin. They said that those burners are named that for a reason and they introduce those canisters knowing that they will cause a fire more times than not.

This is another reason I referred to Dorner getting the oxygen tanks refilled a couple of weeks ago. The cops knew he had done this and firing tear gas into the cabin might have done nothing to him if he had those oxygen tanks and a mask.

JKL2000
02-14-2013, 11:30 AM
^ So the fire at Waco was intentional?

progeezer
02-14-2013, 11:32 AM
Since Kay is on oxygen, I do know that oxygen tanks are quite flammable and can cause explosions. Maybe he did have them and.......??

Gruno
02-14-2013, 11:33 AM
^ So the fire at Waco was intentional?

I have no idea of the Waco fire. I am referring to the burners they shot into the cabin in Big Bear. I don't know if the canisters they sent into the cabin were the same that were sent into Waco. Waco was 20 years ago so technology might be different in regard to those devices.

Sean
02-14-2013, 11:34 AM
I imagine they just burnt the place down just like Waco. If you can't get them to come out just burn the whole place down seems to be the thinking....

Plasmatopia
02-14-2013, 11:47 AM
Oxygen is not flammable but is required for stuff to burn. Higher concentrations of oxygen can accelerate (and increase the heat of) the burning of flammable stuff.

progeezer
02-14-2013, 12:01 PM
Oxygen is not flammable but is required for stuff to burn. Higher concentrations of oxygen can accelerate (and increase the heat of) the burning of flammable stuff.Yes, that was more than just semantics, Guy:). Thanks for the clarification. My post just came from the medical professionals telling us, "keep your portable oxygen tanks away from high heat or flame" (Kay also has a concentrator at home).

Gruno
02-14-2013, 12:25 PM
I thought I heard this morning that he was camped out across the street from the police station for a couple days?

He was less than 30 yards from the checkpoint.

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad308/goblynzgroove/misc/CameraRoll_2_zps92cc346a.jpg

See the white container in the screen cap below? The cabin directly behind that was where he was staying until the couple arrived. He then tied up that husband & wife.

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad308/goblynzgroove/misc/CameraRoll_zps466402e8.jpg

Amazing that he was so close to the checkpoint. Probably watching the police & command post. If that couple would not have come to the cabin, he most likely would have stayed there until the coast was clear. Authorites had cleared that cabin stating that nothing looked disturbed and no sign of forced entry from the exterior. One report says they did note a window screen removed but thought of it was a result of the storm.

Plasmatopia
02-14-2013, 01:33 PM
Yes, that was more than just semantics, Guy:). Thanks for the clarification. My post just came from the medical professionals telling us, "keep your portable oxygen tanks away from high heat or flame" (Kay also has a concentrator at home).

Just pointing it out...it's a common misconception.

Jefferson James
02-14-2013, 01:36 PM
I imagine they just burnt the place down just like Waco. If you can't get them to come out just burn the whole place down seems to be the thinking....

The place -- an historic cabin on the Santa Ana River, where I have floated plenty of dry flies for sweet local trout over the years -- burned to the foundation, yet they retrieved Dorner's drivers license from the wreckage. I'm not one for conspiracies but this just seems weird to me.

Gruno
02-14-2013, 01:39 PM
The place -- an historic cabin on the Santa Ana River, where I have floated plenty of dry flies for sweet local trout over the years -- burned to the foundation, yet they retrieved Dorner's drivers license from the wreckage. I'm not one for conspiracies but this just seems weird to me.

Reports show the wallet was found in the basement. True or not -- I don't know.

Jefferson James
02-14-2013, 01:55 PM
Yeah, looking at this picture there looks to be a small cellar.

Scott Bails
02-14-2013, 01:57 PM
Oh, come on, Kerry! I can see the wallet in that picture!

Gruno
02-14-2013, 02:04 PM
Later today I might review the breaking news reports that I DVR'd when this was happening live. When KCAL reporter Carter Evans let his cell phone broadcast live audio from the shootout, I recall hearing some police officers yell "Let's burn it" or something to that effect. Since then, the news has replayed an edited version that does not contain that segment and that also bleeps out the cops yelling at the reporter to "Get the fuck out of here!"

enpdllp
02-14-2013, 02:35 PM
Since Kay is on oxygen, I do know that oxygen tanks are quite flammable and can cause explosions. Maybe he did have them and.......??

I am not familiar with the particular details of Donner's SCUBA gear, but most SCUBA tanks are filled with clean compressed air (~80% Nitrogen + ~20% Oxygen) and not pure oxygen like the ones used for medical applications. If that was the case with Donner, there was very little or no chance of an explosion due to an oxygen fueled fire.

progeezer
02-14-2013, 03:45 PM
More clarification is always a good thing.:)

Jefferson James
02-14-2013, 03:48 PM
"I'm peeking thru the fence....and I see O'Jay...."

Jefferson James
02-14-2013, 05:04 PM
"Burn it down!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gAAbylq0Isk

meimjustalawnmower
02-14-2013, 06:04 PM
Most of this confirms my suspicions. You can read into it however you want.

http://news.yahoo.com/repeated-gaffes-ultimately-halted-ex-cops-rampage-090541407.html

Jefferson James
02-14-2013, 06:32 PM
Nothing to read into anything -- the guy was a fuck-up, pure and simple. Oh, and a cold-blooded cop killer/murderer as well. Anyone who tries to steal a boat and gets the mooring lines entangled in the propeller isn't really all that bright. I mean, that was basically the dude's first move -- steal a boat and go to Mexico. He blew it from the start. I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did.

Edit: Then again, the dude was in plain sight hiding literally yards from the command post; perhaps he wasn't the only one suffering brain damage.

Lastly, in the Yahoo article it states:

Sheriff's deputies were not trying to burn down the cabin with Dorner inside but simply flush him out, McMahon said. "It was not on purpose," he told reporters Wednesday. "We did not intentionally burn down that cabin to get Mr. Dorner out."

This statement conflicts with what is clearly heard from the live recordings of the firefight at the cabin ie. burn it down.

Scott Bails
02-14-2013, 07:13 PM
It's just been reported that dental records have confirmed that it was, indeed, Dorner in the cabin.

Scott Bails
02-14-2013, 07:14 PM
Lastly, in the Yahoo article it states:

This statement conflicts with what is clearly heard from the live recordings of the firefight at the cabin ie. burn it down.

Of course.

You really think the LAPD is going admit that they probably put a bounty on this guy's head?

Plasmatopia
02-14-2013, 07:21 PM
"We did not intentionally burn down that cabin to get Mr. Dorner out."

That statement could be 100% true...maybe they didn't want him to get out. Plenty of people I've talked to seem to think that was only natural, so why wouldn't the police go ahead and do it openly?

meimjustalawnmower
02-14-2013, 07:39 PM
Of course.

You really think the LAPD is going admit that they probably put a bounty on this guy's head?
What difference does it make? This asshole was at war with the cops. He killed four, including two of their own, and was engaged in a gun battle. Maybe in a perfect world he would have come out of the house with guns blazing, so there would be no question about if or how he died. So fuck that piece of shit. I don't care if he burned alive, and I hope every cop on the scene gets a promotion.

Scott Bails
02-14-2013, 07:46 PM
What difference does it make?

Well, you know, some people probably still believe in due process.

Just sayin'

meimjustalawnmower
02-14-2013, 08:06 PM
Well, you know, some people probably still believe in due process.

Just sayin'

That was entirely up to Dorner. He chose another option.

Just sayin'.

willfoden
02-14-2013, 11:26 PM
You people are going to believe the LAPD? One of the most corrupt organizations on the planet? why didn't they want him alive? He had issues but also reasons for the issues. Cops are not perfect and should be more pure than Caesar's wife.

Trane
02-15-2013, 04:34 AM
bag of hammers! great Oh brother where art thou reference! Yeah, Murder can be cool - if you think like an idiot. He's had his 15 minutes. He should be down under, pushin up wheat for the hungry... (name that reference!)

Max Webster ;)

Let's rename the guy Chris Dorker

Vic2012
02-15-2013, 05:03 AM
What I don't get is why the guy didn't just look for a good attorney instead of going on a rampage. I'm sure that some labor law attorney (a high profile one) would have been all over this. It's SoCal, it's racially charged, it involves the LAPD. Some lawyer (or a whole firm of lawyers) would be all over this, you'd think. Now, the guy obviously must've really been so enraged that he made the decision that he was gonna die, and he was gonna take out a few cops before it's all over. It was a lot more than just being mad at cops, or being fired. At the same time, I think he probably had a conscience. He could have slaughtered more people. He could've murdered the couple at the cabin. He didn't though. Now, before the eyes start rolling, no I don't feel sorry for the guy. You don't kill innocent people just because you're mad at the world. If he was intent on killing he should've just targeted the cops that he felt wronged him. I'm not condoning cops being murdered, ok? All I'm saying is, if you're some tough guy, who wants to go on rampage to get even with those who've wronged you, go after THEM, don't go killing innocent people (cops and civilians).

Trane
02-15-2013, 05:14 AM
What I don't get is why the guy didn't just look for a good attorney instead of going on a rampage. I'm sure that some labor law attorney (a high profile one) would have been all over this. It's SoCal, it's racially charged, it involves the LAPD. Some lawyer (or a whole firm of lawyers) would be all over this, you'd think. .

Define "good attoney" :roll .... One that's friendly with most of the judges??? Lawyers are about as crooked as they come (remember those lawyer jokes in the mid-80's??).... they haggle behind their clients' back if the opponent simply "can't lose", even ready to lose the case...

Casey
02-15-2013, 10:03 AM
remember those lawyer jokes in the mid-80's??

Shakespeare had 'em beat by a few centuries: "First thing we do is kill all the lawyers."

Klonk
02-15-2013, 10:13 AM
Shucks, he died.

Jefferson James
02-15-2013, 10:57 AM
I think what a lot of people are failing to understand is how the actions of the LAPD in this situation could result in a similar scenario as the King beating ie. a catalyst for uprising. Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

Scott Bails
02-15-2013, 11:59 AM
Another reason why he wasn't taken alive. (http://abcnews.go.com/US/legal-loophole-1m-dorner-reward-paid/story?id=18506414)

JKL2000
02-15-2013, 12:31 PM
Sorry to crosspost from another thread, but the other thread was closed because it was no longer needed.

However, Yodelgoat quoted me as saying the following:

JKL2000: "I always listen to what the news media reports. They are so superior and smart, and they have no agenda, and if they ever made anything appear to be something its not, their pants would all catch fire."

I don't know what it means, but let it suffice to say, I didn't say this and Yodelgoat either fabricated it or attributed someone else's quote to me.

Gruno
02-15-2013, 01:24 PM
What I don't get is why the guy didn't just look for a good attorney instead of going on a rampage.

Did you read Dorner's manifesto?

http://www.myfoxla.com/story/21019027/murder-suspect-chris-dorners-online-manifesto-about-slayings

Gruno
02-15-2013, 01:26 PM
Another reason why he wasn't taken alive. (http://abcnews.go.com/US/legal-loophole-1m-dorner-reward-paid/story?id=18506414)

Scott Bails, during the gun battle, I commented to my girlfriend, "If he's killed, say goodbye to the reward $$". This happens far too many times. Do some research and you will find some people who are owed monies from a reward obtaining lawyers and fighting for that money for years.

Vic2012
02-15-2013, 01:35 PM
No I didn't read his manifesto.

Gruno
02-15-2013, 01:39 PM
If you read it (link provided in my previous post), you will get a better understanding at how (in his eyes) a legal system let him down. With that, I don't think he wanted to deal with any other system except his own. He talks about Justice early in the manifesto.

Scott Bails
02-15-2013, 01:55 PM
I'm reminded of that Spock's Beard lyric:

"The bomber got his manifesto
Published in the New York Times
It's a very strange world"

Gruno
02-15-2013, 02:03 PM
This is pretty odd:

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/la-reporter-has-odd-brush-with-christopher-dorners-mother-at-bar-during-stand-off_b80616

KCBS-KCAL reporter Michele Gile allegedly had an odd brush with the mother of Christopher Dorner at an Orange County bar during yesterday’s deadly stand off.

Gile walked into La Capilla Mexican Restaurant in the Los Angeles suburb of La Palma around 3:30 p.m. She was in the area to do a report on Dorner’s mother who lives nearby.

Gile began talking to two women at the bar who were drinking wine and eating chips and salsa while watching breaking news coverage of the stand-off on TV.

Gile, not knowing she was speaking to the suspect’s mom, said she told the two women that Dorner’s mother lived nearby. She also asked the pair if they knew the 33-year-old fugitive. The women shook their heads “no.”

Gile left the bar and drove to Dorner’s mother’s house. 10 minutes after arriving at the house, one of the women from the bar pulled up and went inside. Neighbors identified the woman as Dorner’s mom.

“Right after you left, she got nervous,” bartender Joseph Munoz later told Gile. “She started asking me questions, like if I knew (Dorner)…what I know about him…stuff like that. She was watching the TV, but she wasn’t really concerned about it. She was busy talking to her friend, like it was just an everyday thing.”

meimjustalawnmower
02-15-2013, 08:12 PM
I think what a lot of people are failing to understand is how the actions of the LAPD in this situation could result in a similar scenario as the King beating ie. a catalyst for uprising. Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

Yeah? I don't think so.

Confirmed today that he off'd himself. Dumb and a coward.

meimjustalawnmower
02-15-2013, 08:19 PM
Even this guy had more guts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjVWORC3Wcc

Gruno
02-15-2013, 08:26 PM
There was a press conference at 4pm Pacific that detailed the events in Big Bear. Confirmed they found him in the basement and his wallet was in his possession. They also showed all of the weapons they had recovered. Confirmed that Dorner was shooting at them and lobbing smoke devices at the cops. Reporter Carter Evans asked about the audio he recorded of the officers yelling to burn the cabin down. The Sheriff replied that officers are human and they react as such. He will investigate everything. Find the news conference as it answers a lot of questions.

Vic2012
02-16-2013, 06:56 AM
If you read it (link provided in my previous post), you will get a better understanding at how (in his eyes) a legal system let him down. With that, I don't think he wanted to deal with any other system except his own. He talks about Justice early in the manifesto.

Okay I gotcha. I just thought that this would've been a great case for some high profile lawyers. It would've been a Hollywood film with all the right ingredients, like race, racist cops, LA, angry protestors, riots (possibly) etc. It would've had everything that America expects about southern California and America would've been rivited, watching the trial 24/7 (like O.J. TV) ;).

Obviously the guy had a screw loose. His dismissal was 4-5 years ago? If the guy was gonna go postal he should've done it back then. This stewing for 5 years and then killing innocent civilians? Look, I'm not saying that killing cops is more acceptable than killing civi's but if you're mad at the LAPD and you feel like going on a killing spree, go hunt LAPD officers and leave civi's alone.

There'll be a movie about this. You'll see.

Gruno
02-16-2013, 10:50 AM
Obviously the guy had a screw loose. His dismissal was 4-5 years ago? If the guy was gonna go postal he should've done it back then. This stewing for 5 years and then killing innocent civilians? Look, I'm not saying that killing cops is more acceptable than killing civi's but if you're mad at the LAPD and you feel like going on a killing spree, go hunt LAPD officers and leave civi's alone.

You really should read that manifesto. He explains why some civilians will get injured. Although, those are ones who have a direct relationship with the people who wronged him. He appeared to make sure that no civilians that he encountered along his journey would be seriously hurt or killed. He tied up the old man at the dock and tied up those two people in the cabin. He also carjacked a guy. With those silencers, he could have offed all of those people and not given away his position. Each time he told the victim that he didn't want to hurt them. Not condoning anything but at least he did seem to have some type of compassion for others. Imagine the amount of dead bodies if this guy was one step further out there in his mind? He stuck to his mission.

One thing my mind gets caught on while trying to figure certain things out about this guy's mission: why did he unload a bunch of gear and ammunition in that dumpster in San Diego? Was it just stuff he didn't feel he needed? Over stock? Maybe to throw off officials in thinking he ditched his weapons prior to fleeing to Mexico, then heads to the mountains to hide out for a bit? Makes me wonder if he did similar things around Southern California. There are only so many videos surveillance feeds that caught him.

Mr. Grizzly Bear
02-16-2013, 11:06 AM
HE had it coming to him, period. I feel complete empathy for his family and the famlies of his victims, but NONE for him whatsoever.

Plasmatopia
02-16-2013, 11:28 AM
I feel sorry both for the families and the failed justice system which is today mourning it's lack of relevance.

meimjustalawnmower
02-16-2013, 06:52 PM
Justice prevailed.

Plasmatopia
02-16-2013, 07:26 PM
Unless you were delivering newspapers.

Scott Bails
02-16-2013, 07:28 PM
Oh, the newspapers don't have to worry. Now we have Oscar Pistorius to read about. ;)

There's always another whack-a-doo waiting to take the place of the current whack-a-doos.

progeezer
02-16-2013, 07:32 PM
Even this guy had more guts...

And IIRC, could definitely handle a grapefruit.

Gruno
02-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Pretty gruesome...

http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/20/christopher-dorner-death-pics-sale/

CHRISTOPHER DORNER GRUESOME DEATH PICS FOR SALE

Christopher Dorner's badly scorched, partially dismembered body was photographed after his death ... and TMZ has learned the pics are now being shopped to the media.

TMZ has seen the photos (the sellers showed up to our doorstep) -- and the shots are extremely gruesome.

The top of Dorner's head is gone ... presumably the result of the self-inflicted gunshot wound that ended his life after the gun battle at a remote cabin in Big Bear, CA last week.

The body is missing several limbs ... including an arm and parts of a leg ... and his midsection is charred from the fire that consumed the cabin during the Feb. 12 shoot-out.

Despite the intense blaze, several body parts remained intact ... including his eyeballs, chest area and penis.

In fact, Dorner's upper teeth were barely damaged ... which helped authorities ID the body.

TMZ did not purchase the photos -- but the sellers are definitely on the hunt for a buyer.

Scott Bails
02-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Ahh...the ethics of our media.

Gruno
02-20-2013, 01:19 PM
I'm more curious about the who and how of the photographs. Who took the images or were they copied from the authorities? Tons of questions...

enpdllp
02-20-2013, 03:52 PM
I'm more curious about the who and how of the photographs. Who took the images or were they copied from the authorities? Tons of questions...

Maybe they were taken with a high powered lens from the roof or second story of a nearby residence.

meimjustalawnmower
02-20-2013, 05:31 PM
In fact, Dorner's upper teeth were barely damaged ... which helped authorities ID the body.

He did have really nice teeth. Gotta give him that.