PDA

View Full Version : FEATURED CD- Magma- Félicité Thösz

Duncan Glenday
11-06-2012, 10:43 PM
http://www.progressiveears.com/clubpics/MagmaFT.jpg

by Darryl Weppler http://www.prog-sphere.com/2012/07/30/magma-felicite-thosz/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mlLTh8NWBIg&noredirect=1

The new Magma album is a short one. It consists mainly of the epic title track which is divided into different tracks but flow as one piece. An unrelated track ends the album. I'm familiar with K.A. but have not yet heard the last album in its entirety. Like the last two albums, the sound and production here is a step up from their work in the 1970s but the bass does not stand out as much as on pre-2000s albums. There is very little guitar here and good ole regular acoustic piano is the main keyboard. There is some vibraphone here which is barely noticeable but seems to take the place of the Fender Rhodes electric piano in places. "Dzoi" sounds like it has some Rhodes in it, but again this just may be the vibes. Parts of this track reminds me of East Asian music. Vocals, piano and drums are the main ingredients on this album. This is very vocal oriented music with at least four of the band members doing vocals.

(see next post for a second video)

The epic goes through many moods, sometimes subdued and other times bombastic. The vocal melody of "Teha" is one of the highlights of the album with emotive singing on it. I almost hear a very 1960s R&B vibe in this track. This is followed by "Waahrz" which is basically a piano solo and probably the least interesting part of the album. I like the guitar and drums playing in unison during "Tsai," which also has one of the most memorable vocal parts. I think you notice the vibraphone here the most. "Ohst" has some of the best singing on the album, very classic Magma. Some jazzy guitar playing as well. "Zaahr" is the last piece of the epic and is the most avant thing on here. Magma at their darkest, sounding like Art Zoyd (who were of course themselves heavily influenced by Magma).

The last track is called "Les hommes sont venus" and is very repetative and hypnotic. Very different from the main epic, the main instrument here is a glockenspiel. This sounds similar to minimalist composer Terry Riley's piece "In C" although I think this song is actually in E. Well, there you go folks…the new Magma album. Too short? Yes. Sounds like classic Magma? Yes. Essential? Hmmm. Overall Felicite Thosz compares favourably to earlier epics but this is no Kohntarkosz or Theusz Hamtaahk. Pure Magma, not their best but far from their worst.

Duncan Glenday
11-06-2012, 10:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ixk4bD6dltA

Oreb
11-06-2012, 11:23 PM
Personally I think this is a masterpiece. What a great late-career run they've had since (and including) Trilogie!

NogbadTheBad
11-07-2012, 12:25 AM
I love this album terrific stuff and it was a joy to hear it performed at RIO

KA is probably my favorite of the recent releases but they are all good. This may be the happiest Magma album I have heard.

Hobo Chang Ba
11-07-2012, 03:16 AM
I still need to buy this one...

zravkapt
11-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Cool! You used my review. Thanks.

Sean
11-07-2012, 10:57 AM
:up

ZOOL
11-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Personally I think this is a masterpiece. What a great late-career run they've had since (and including) Trilogie!

Purchased this disc at Nearfest and listened to it multiple times on the way home to Connecticut - Love it!

zombywoof
11-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Great record, of course! Its nice to hear Magma in a joyous mode, though it has its darker moments. Some of the album is, for lack of a better word, uplifting in a strange way. Vander has done it again!

wideopenears
11-07-2012, 05:22 PM
Haven't heard it yet...but I will!

Progbear
11-08-2012, 01:10 AM
It’s on my want list. What I’ve heard is definitely “happy” Magma but that works for me.

-------------
MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"You can take the war out of the soldier, but you can't raise that soldier from the dead."
--Shona Laing

N.P.:“Nairam”-Kit Watkins/Azure

Conti
11-08-2012, 06:06 AM
This album is a very worthy addition to their catalog. I consider it no less than outstanding.

Udi Koomran
11-08-2012, 06:48 AM
the only album that i like by the reformed Magma
weill the Floe Essi ep was great too

maribor
11-08-2012, 07:45 AM
Wonderful album. Here's my review: http://www.therocktologist.com/magma---feacuteliciteacute-thoumlsz.html

Lieto
11-08-2012, 09:04 AM
I lvoe this album. It's my favorite of the recent releases. An amazing album

R. Totale III
11-08-2012, 09:48 AM
Like most Magma fans, I was real familiar with the piece, having collected several concert recordings and seen them play it live before the record came out. It was nice to hear a more layered approach to the vocals, but I can't say there was a day and night difference or that this is necessarily the definitive version end to end. I still could do without the piano solo, but it doesn't seem as endless as on some renditions. My favorite touch, actually, is that if you listen carefully Vander's vocal solo is actually a duet between the sane and crazy Vander voices, which I find charming. Length aside, it's a single, and "Venus" is a good B-side.

zombywoof
11-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Like most Magma fans, I was real familiar with the piece, having collected several concert recordings and seen them play it live before the record came out. It was nice to hear a more layered approach to the vocals, but I can't say there was a day and night difference or that this is necessarily the definitive version end to end. I still could do without the piano solo, but it doesn't seem as endless as on some renditions. My favorite touch, actually, is that if you listen carefully Vander's vocal solo is actually a duet between the sane and crazy Vander voices, which I find charming. Length aside, it's a single, and "Venus" is a good B-side.

Is it considered a single?

Prog Lives
11-09-2012, 06:36 PM
This is a fabulous album, not at all like the primary Magma disc in that it's intentionally consonant in nature. Still intriquite and layered but with minial dissonance. As typical I can't remember or pronounce the track names, but track 5, with the angelic female vocal (reminds me of a laid back flora Purim) and the piano interlude can bring tears.

I'm that type that bores easily and quickly moves to the next new one in the stack but I did myself coming back to this oe frequently.

wideopenears
01-17-2013, 06:41 PM
Scored it....love it. I agree with the "happy" comments....it's quite joyful in nature, not dark at all......spun it twice, so far, and it will get quite a bit more attention in the coming days.

chalkpie
01-24-2015, 08:25 PM
Just revisited this piece, actually twice. This is pure beauty albeit with a few dark moments. Dare I say almost as good as anything they've ever done? Sure why not.....its just a different angle of CV's creations. Don't love the production, but it is certainly more than tolerable. His use of pedal tones and building melodies off of that is fantastic. This is a gem IMO. Revisit this!!

Lieto
01-24-2015, 08:39 PM
One of my favorite Magma pieces, it's pure joy!!

zombywoof
01-24-2015, 09:19 PM
I played this today. It's a gorgeous piece; particularly love Stella's voice on some of the melodies in the first half. Was thinking it was Christian's best until I put on MDK afterwards. Okay, top 5!!

Ready for Slag Tanz!

LighthouseKeeper
01-24-2015, 09:32 PM
Played this constantly when it first came out. I think its my favorite by them. Still turn to it often.

Udi Koomran
01-24-2015, 11:27 PM
I can't explain why but its the only album that i like by the reformed Magma weill the Floe Essi ep was great too
But I havn't heard the last 2 eps

flytomars
01-25-2015, 05:56 AM
Udi you should listen to Slag Tanz,
I think you would like it too.
I also like ER, but then again I dont consider it a new work since most of it was written in the 70s...

chalkpie
01-25-2015, 10:39 AM
PS - gorgeous solo piano interlude in this piece too.

Conti
01-25-2015, 10:52 AM
I'm a big fan of everything they released after their comeback. I dare to say that KA is my favourite piece in their entire catalog, together with Kohntarkosz, which is the mother of all beasts, IMO.

chalkpie
01-25-2015, 04:03 PM
I'm a big fan of everything they released after their comeback. I dare to say that KA is my favourite piece in their entire catalog, together with Kohntarkosz, which is the mother of all beasts, IMO.

Great to hear man. I dig me some KA as well, and I guess I'm in the minority of one of the folks who digs the synth solo. Pretty much the greatest vocals on just about any "prog" album of the last...I dunno....forever?

Another (silly) observation on Fel Tho: if you did a needle drop on track 5 "Teha", language barrier aside, this could be a Supremes track, even if for a few seconds. Call me crazy. I absolutely love that part! Maybe a few hardcore Magma dudes might find that part sappy - but I just can't enough - how does one not smile and shake 'ter arse to that track?

PS - gun to my head I would choose Wurdah Itah over Kontarkosz....now that's crazy.

Dana5140
01-25-2015, 04:06 PM
Nope. Kontarkosz! Best. Song.Ever.

chalkpie
01-25-2015, 04:10 PM
^ What do you think of Felcite and Slag Tanz Dana?

chalkpie
01-25-2015, 04:11 PM
Nope. Kontarkosz! Best. Song.Ever.

You Magma fans are so predictable ;)

Conti
01-25-2015, 04:39 PM
Great to hear man. I dig me some KA as well, and I guess I'm in the minority of one of the folks who digs the synth solo. Pretty much the greatest vocals on just about any "prog" album of the last...I dunno....forever?

Another (silly) observation on Fel Tho: if you did a needle drop on track 5 "Teha", language barrier aside, this could be a Supremes track, even if for a few seconds. Call me crazy. I absolutely love that part! Maybe a few hardcore Magma dudes might find that part sappy - but I just can't enough - how does one not smile and shake 'ter arse to that track?

PS - gun to my head I would choose Wurdah Itah over Kontarkosz....now that's crazy.

I'm not the biggest fan of the synth solo on KA, but somehow this piece strikes me as very upleafting and powerful. The voices are particularly great and the aggressiveness of the live performances make it hard to beat (I've seem this piece played live twice -both utterly great performances).

As for Magma channeling the Supremes in Felicite Thosz I definitely see your point. After all, one of the biggest influences on Christian Vander has been Otis Reeding and the Motown sound. By the way, have you heard Uniweria Zekt - The Unnamables?

Finally, the only valid answer for the best Magma piece ever is Kohntarkosz :-). Some people actually claim that this piece is the very definition of evil- in a good way, you know. I mean, Wurdah Itah is magnificent, but it ain't no Kohntarkosz...

zravkapt
01-25-2015, 05:27 PM
if you did a needle drop on track 5 "Teha", language barrier aside, this could be a Supremes track, even if for a few seconds. Call me crazy. I absolutely love that part!

I thought so too. I said this in the review posted in the OP:

>The vocal melody of "Teha" is one of the highlights of the album with emotive singing on it. I almost hear a very 1960s R&B vibe in this track.<

Count me as one of those who enjoys the synth solo in KA.

Dana5140
01-25-2015, 06:19 PM
^ What do you think of Felcite and Slag Tanz Dana?

I like FT but do not find it the most compelling tune they ever did. Slag Tanz, on the other hand, that's brutal and it is a bass tour de force. Epok V is a killer.

PS. I think Vander looks at Kontarkosz as the supreme Magma composition- I cannot locate right now the interview where he basically says that. But it is worlds within worlds, time inside time, looping and slithering back on itself, very complicated. Seeing it live in Chicago in 1999 was a lifetime highlight. To see it again in a couple of months, I cannot wait!

chalkpie
01-25-2015, 06:55 PM
I thought so too. I said this in the review posted in the OP:

>The vocal melody of "Teha" is one of the highlights of the album with emotive singing on it. I almost hear a very 1960s R&B vibe in this track.<

Nice man :up

chalkpie
01-25-2015, 07:03 PM
I like FT but do not find it the most compelling tune they ever did. Slag Tanz, on the other hand, that's brutal and it is a bass tour de force. Epok V is a killer.

PS. I think Vander looks at Kontarkosz as the supreme Magma composition- I cannot locate right now the interview where he basically says that. But it is worlds within worlds, time inside time, looping and slithering back on itself, very complicated. Seeing it live in Chicago in 1999 was a lifetime highlight. To see it again in a couple of months, I cannot wait!

FT surely isn't the 'deepest' track they ever did, but man its damn unique.

I know what you are talking about with CV describing Kontarkosz - I remember reading that as well. I don't doubt that he thinks its the best or many hardcore Magma nerds do also - and believe me I DO love it - I just couldn't place it first for enjoyment value. I do love the Kontarkosz on the Londres 1974 disc though - it gets pretty damn nasty! Is it me or is part of that missing on the studio version, or is part on KA, or am I just confused?

aith01
01-25-2015, 11:44 PM
Glad to see some affection on here for FT. This is one of my more recent favorites by any band, even having only gotten into Magma within the last five or six years. There is some gorgeous music on this disc. Teha, Waahrz, Duhl, Tsai! and Ohst (tracks 5 through 9) are a wonderful stretch, full of color and emotion -- and maybe even a little fun too. ;)

Very much looking forward to Slag Tanz, although I imagine its quite a different beast from Felicite Thosz.

calyx
01-26-2015, 07:03 AM
I do love the Kontarkosz on the Londres 1974 disc though - it gets pretty damn nasty! Is it me or is part of that missing on the studio version, or is part on KA, or am I just confused?

Yes, it's a work-in-progress version in which Vander recycled a section of the discared "K.A." from 1973 (resurrected in 2002), namely "Om Zanka" which is what it was called on the "Inédits" compilation from 1977. By the time they recorded the album, the "Om Zanka" section was gone.

Zeuhlmate
01-26-2015, 08:07 AM
"Om Zanka" on "Inédits" is the best version I have heard.

battema
01-26-2015, 08:18 AM

One more vote from Chez MouthinThroat for the synth solo. Wish they had more little treats like that in the studio versions; the Epok III duel in Hhai between Macgaw and Widemann is epic.

Spent some time enjoying the Slag Tanz from Epok V yesterday as well...it'll be hard for the studio version to top this one in terms of intensity but I'm still excited to hear it in full form.

flytomars
01-26-2015, 08:51 AM
Yes, it's a work-in-progress version in which Vander recycled a section of the discared "K.A." from 1973 (resurrected in 2002), namely "Om Zanka" which is what it was called on the "Inédits" compilation from 1977. By the time they recorded the album, the "Om Zanka" section was gone.

Are you sure Om Zanka was featured in Londres 74?
I remember the extra bit on Londres to be the "Haleluja" part that later made it to K.A.

cannygoodlike
01-26-2015, 09:27 AM
You are correct that it has the 'hallelujah' section but I'm pretty sure that there is a bit of Om Zanka in there too. Been a while since I played it. (Incidentally, Theusz Hamtaahk from that CD is possibly my favourite rendition of that piece.)

calyx
01-26-2015, 09:35 AM
Are you sure Om Zanka was featured in Londres 74?

4:56 into "Kohntarkosz".
And yes, there is some "Gamma" too (also from "K.A.") in the end section.

The released "Kohntarkosz" came minus either of the "K.A." bits.

chalkpie
01-27-2015, 08:46 AM
By the way, have you heard Uniweria Zekt - The Unnamables?

Negative, sir. Should I?

Zeuhlmate
01-27-2015, 09:20 AM
Its absolutely worth a listen!
Its the musicians of Magma (1972) who plays jazzrock, R&B, soul - and sings in ... well I'm not sure wheather its english or kobaian, but I dont think it matters. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVqr0dsxGzw

JAMOOL
01-27-2015, 09:55 AM
I heard that it was actually supposed to be the 3rd Magma album, but some issues with the label prevented it from being released as such. Anyone know if that's true? Because it feels more like an offshoot to me, with some English lyrics and songs that are a lot more straightforward than what Magma typically does. That said it really is pretty good and in my opinion well worth hearing, especially side 2 with "Africa Anteria" and "Undia" (which I think were both Vander compositions?).

calyx
01-27-2015, 10:26 AM
I heard that it was actually supposed to be the 3rd Magma album, but some issues with the label prevented it from being released as such. Anyone know if that's true?

Not true at all as far as I know. This didn't even have the entire Magma line-up, and a different guy on lead vocals... And the music was clearly written as some kind of exercise in a more "commercial" type of music, although with these people involved "zeuhl-ish" aspects were inevitable...

The early Magma also toured as opening act for Deep Purple in 1970, not under the Magma name, and similarly playing more "commercial" music.

Scrotum Scissor
01-28-2015, 03:44 AM
The early Magma also toured as opening act for Deep Purple in 1970, not under the Magma name, and similarly playing more "commercial" music.

I seem to remember the booklet to The Unnamables stating that the Purple supportband called themselves Dis Popol - a prank on the usual French way of pronouncing the name of the 'main' attraction. Apparently they also threw in some hilarious cover on one or several Purple tracks in their own set.

The Unnamables' record is alright, but no Magma release. The sound harkens more back to their initial Blood Sweat & Tears-influences, IMO. I believe the principal vocalist was the one from Ergo Sum, an early French brass-rock kinda combo.

chalkpie
01-28-2015, 09:17 AM
So let me ask you Magma nerds this question: if you had a watergun pointed at your temple, which version of Kohntarkosz would be your dessert island version? (notice the spelling of 'dessert').

Zeuhlmate
01-28-2015, 09:25 AM
They are very different and I like them all...
But the studioversion or the version on Hhai...
O.K. Hai - then

flytomars
01-28-2015, 09:47 AM
They are very different and I like them all...
But the studioversion or the version on Hhai...
O.K. Hai - then

Same here.
And I know nobody asked, but my favourite Thuzs Hamtaak is from Retrospektiw :)

Zeuhlmate
01-28-2015, 10:00 AM
And I know nobody asked, but my favourite Thuzs Hamtaak is from Retrospektiw :)
Mine too - its hypnotic !

Scrotum Scissor
01-28-2015, 10:02 AM
if you had a watergun pointed at your temple, which version of Kohntarkosz would be your dessert island version?

To me: Theatre du Taur 1975. Channelled through the mixing board (Or two mikes? Can't recall right now.), the sound is far rawer than on Live Hhaď, as if the whole band is playing in front of you there on the floor in your livingroom. The part with the violin solo goes *out of this world*.

jazz2896
01-28-2015, 11:03 AM
So let me ask you Magma nerds this question: if you had a watergun pointed at your temple, which version of Kohntarkosz would be your dessert island version? (notice the spelling of 'dessert').

This is probably a bit blasphemous to say, but I prefer the studio version. It just has a very large, deep sound to it that no other versions have, except maybe the bbc londres version. I also prefer the "unfinished" ending on this one with the crazy Kobaian scat singing from Vander. If that's not trance inducing, I don't know what is.

cannygoodlike
01-28-2015, 12:03 PM
Possibly the studio if push came to shove, but I do like the version on the Epok DVD.

Conti
01-28-2015, 12:19 PM
Interestingly the version of Kohntarkosz live at BBC is probably the one that I enjoy the least. I must spin it again though, it's been a long time since I last listened to it.

My favorite version is probably the studio one.

Dana5140
01-28-2015, 12:20 PM
I have to go with Live Hhai version, whihc I have listened to hundreds of times.

zombywoof
01-28-2015, 01:01 PM

Live / Hhai is about as fierce as it gets.

dleone
01-28-2015, 01:15 PM
Live/Hhai version of Kohntarkosz, easily. The song "Hhai" is a harder question for me, because the version on Retrospektiw just about equals the Live/Hhai version in terms of intensity, and maybe even surpasses

zravkapt
01-28-2015, 04:08 PM
This is probably a bit blasphemous to say, but I prefer the studio version.

Same here. I was never a big fan of the versions with violin.

calyx
01-28-2015, 05:26 PM
The song "Hhai" is a harder question for me, because the version on Retrospektiw just about equals the Live/Hhai version in terms of intensity, and maybe even surpasses

The version on the double live album from 1975 is a VERY incomplete version of the song. The lyrics were nowhere near definitive. Is this one of the tracks that was actually recorded without an audience, at a soundcheck ? I know "Lihns" was.

flytomars
01-28-2015, 05:39 PM
The version on the double live album from 1975 is a VERY incomplete version of the song. The lyrics were nowhere near definitive. Is this one of the tracks that was actually recorded without an audience, at a soundcheck ? I know "Lihns" was.

Man, you just ruined a lifelong illusion that I had-
Until now I was sure that Lihns was the most perfect live piece of music I ever heard, and now you say it is not live?
Well, it figures...
It still resonates with me in ways I cannot explain...

Steve F.
01-28-2015, 06:25 PM

Original studio version for me, sir!

Scrotum Scissor
01-28-2015, 06:26 PM
Man, you just ruined a lifelong illusion that I had-
Until now I was sure that Lihns was the most perfect live piece of music I ever heard, and now you say it is not live?

He didn't say that; he pointed to the possibility of the song being recorded at the soundcheck before there was an actual audience in the hall - the whole album as such is very much recorded live on stage (with or without spectators).

flytomars
01-28-2015, 06:35 PM
He didn't say that; he pointed to the possibility of the song being recorded at the soundcheck before there was an actual audience in the hall - the whole album as such is very much recorded live on stage (with or without spectators).

Yes, I understood that:
I was talking specifically about Lihns.
If it is not in front of an audience...
Even when everything is set before a live show and apparently there is no difference as to what comes out of the speakers if there is an audience or not-
If there is no audience, it is not live for me.
Mabe it should be a new Zen question :)

calyx
01-28-2015, 07:19 PM
"As Klaus Blasquiz has stated in an interview with ORK ALARM, Kobaia, Lihns and Hhai from the official album were recorded after the shows without an audience, as there had been too much noise from the audience during those quiet passages. The same must have been the case with Ementeht-Re. So the only tunes [recorded live with an audience] would have to be Kohntarkosz and MDK."

Source: http://fdrmusic.narod.ru/album/19/9823.htm

Hobo Chang Ba
01-28-2015, 07:47 PM

Live/Hhai

(Though Opera De Reims is probably just as wonderful)

chalkpie
01-28-2015, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the Kohntarkosz responses guys. This is quite interesting in that basically everybody is all over the map and no one version truly stands out. I guess that is a testament to all of the great versions out there, and although its the same compostion, it has enough variety in its various incarnations to appeal to folks in different ways.

I might have to do a revisit to all of the various versions and see which one gets the ultimate nod.

chalkpie
01-28-2015, 10:20 PM
Still loving Felicite. I have been playing it at least once a day for the past 5 days or so. Even my kids are starting to not hate it :) Actually I made them watch the Epok V version a few nights ago and my 10-year old daughter really liked it - I think she felt a connection with the female vocalists and of course they sound amazing. Its a really beautiful composition and quite honestly it hits me in a specific way that no other Magma piece does.

aith01
01-28-2015, 10:30 PM
Still loving Felicite. I have been playing it at least once a day for the past 5 days or so. Even my kids are starting to not hate it :) Actually I made them watch the Epok V version a few nights ago and my 10-year old daughter really liked it - I think she felt a connection with the female vocalists and of course they sound amazing. Its a really beautiful composition and quite honestly it hits me in a specific way that no other Magma piece does.

Interesting. :) It seems like a good way to introduce Magma to someone who might be put off by their more "out there" stuff (like MDK).

Felicite Thosz really grew on me about a year after it came out, and it is a really beautiful piece. It's quite different from pretty much anything else in their catalog.

flytomars
01-29-2015, 04:57 AM

Christian Vander seems to think the same in this excellent interview (with english subs!) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT64Br86rnE

PS - if anyone has links to other interviews with english subtitles, please share - it is really interesting to see him talk.

Dana5140
01-29-2015, 07:18 AM
Sadly, I am not getting the subtitles.

PS. My google translator translates the title to "Bliss Thosz".........

flytomars
01-29-2015, 07:49 AM
Sadly, I am not getting the subtitles.

PS. My google translator translates the title to "Bliss Thosz".........

Press the "CC" button at the bottom of the YT toolbar

Zeuhlmate
01-29-2015, 09:06 AM
Great interview !

Conti
01-29-2015, 09:31 AM
This is a great interview. Thank you very much for sharing it.

dleone
01-29-2015, 10:40 AM
thanks for posting! Note to interviewers: stop positing what bands you think are similar to who you're interviewing, because there's a good chance you'll get a reponse like Vander's

Reginod
03-23-2015, 03:14 AM
A bit late to the party I suppose, but currently being on a HUGE Magma jag (Jagma?) I've been picking up the vinyl (w/ lossless DL cards) of these later releases, first Riah Sahiltaahk and now FT . . . . . . . . the former was always a favorite Magma piece and FT is just brilliant, blissful music. Some of CV's best ever IYAM.

Slag Tanz is on the way and I should have that one soon . . . . . . . . .

wideopenears
03-27-2015, 03:27 PM
What, if anything, can anyone say about Slag Tanz?

chalkpie
03-27-2015, 04:48 PM

Growing on me but not in the same league as Felicite to my ears. Also, MUCH darker.

Steve F.
03-27-2015, 04:55 PM

I like Slag Tanz more than F.T.

zombywoof
03-27-2015, 05:46 PM
Growing on me but not in the same league as Felicite to my ears. Also, MUCH darker.

I agree with this, but Slag Tanz just sounds like classic Magma to me - a la side one of Wurdah Itah.

wideopenears
03-27-2015, 05:54 PM
Okie dokie, thanks. Ordered. (Amazon Gift Card, woo hoo!)

aith01
03-27-2015, 06:12 PM

Yes, I agree with this also.

Reginod
03-27-2015, 06:34 PM
Slag Tanz arrived today so, 'mgonna have fun with that later tonight! :cool

Hobo Chang Ba
03-28-2015, 02:26 AM
I like Slag Tanz more than F.T.

Ditto for me.

flytomars
03-28-2015, 07:25 AM
Ditto for me.

Me three.

Dana5140
03-28-2015, 09:22 AM
If you can find the version on youtube they did at Roadburn, it's amazing- Bussonett nearly kills his bass playing so hard. It was up but got taken donw, not sure if it was posted again.

Just this snip[pet is still up, but it misses the most intensity:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF-wMdC3kcI

chalkpie
07-30-2018, 10:33 PM
Felicite Tonight, been a while. The singing on this is quite possibly better than anything by The Spice Girls circa 1995-96.

Mister Triscuits
07-30-2018, 10:46 PM
Felicite Tonight, been a while. The singing on this is quite possibly better than anything by The Spice Girls circa 1995-96.

Presumably this comparison is triggered by the recent announcement that the Spice Girls will be doing a reunion tour, refashioned as a Zeuhl band and dubbed Da Spēisz Göhrlsz. Zigazig iss de hündďn!

chalkpie
07-30-2018, 11:15 PM
Da Spēisz Göhrlsz. Zigazig iss de hündďn!

:lol

aith01
07-30-2018, 11:29 PM
Regarding Félicité Thösz, I'm downright fond of it. One of the "easiest" Magma releases, and even beautiful at times, without losing their Magma-ness. :up

Presumably this comparison is triggered by the recent announcement that the Spice Girls will be doing a reunion tour, refashioned as a Zeuhl band and dubbed Da Spēisz Göhrlsz. Zigazig iss de hündďn!

:rofl