PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever used Garage Band?

Rickenbacker
02-09-2017, 09:36 PM
How'd you like it?

Yodelgoat
02-10-2017, 10:18 AM
I have tried it. And I guess the fact that I'm still using SONAR says pretty much everything from my perspective. Its Freeware, so it may suit you just fine. I seem to recall that there were things I could do easily in SONAR that Garageband just would not do. It was a number of years ago (like 10) so perhaps it has matured. I just stick with what I am used to.

Of course GB is free, and Sonar cost me about $800 (Including the "upgrades")

hFx
02-11-2017, 04:57 AM
Garageband and Logic X have similarities, especially the last few versions (no wonder as both are Apple). Not that GB have become a Logic LE or so yet, but some integration exists. GB is available on iPads which makes it a good very portable scratch pad for Logic users, as well as a useful tool on its own.

eporter66
02-12-2017, 08:30 AM
I use GarageBand for quick ideas. I bought a focusrite docking station for my iPad, that allows me to fire everything up quickly when an idea pops in my head. I still use Reaper when I am trying to make a decent recording.

I don't have a mac, so I am sure GarageBand offers a lot more when you have a full version. I love it for ideas and then fleshing things out.

Thebigdipper
03-03-2017, 11:40 AM
I used GB iOS a lot a couple of years ago and liked it. Initially using an Alesis iODock as the audio interface and then a PreSonus iAudioBox Two For my needs (demos and quick recordings) it did the job. The only thing I wanted (and this forum might have more who need this than most people) and couldn't do was the ability to change time signature in the middle of a song. If you're only recording audio, no matter, but anyone using MIDI and software instruments would be stuck.

Now using a Mac and Logic, but in truth it's too big for my needs and I'm thinking about GB on the Mac or even going back to the iOS version.

hippypants
04-11-2017, 07:53 PM
I've not used any of this software, but ran across this article about different DAWs and wondered what anyone thought about it. The Presonus Studio One 3 offers a free version with it looks like a free synth as well, but I've not used it as I said. I wondered if anyone has tried it. Here's a link. (https://ehomerecordingstudio.com/best-daw-software/)

Thebigdipper
04-13-2017, 12:51 PM
I've not used any of this software, but ran across this article about different DAWs and wondered what anyone thought about it. The Presonus Studio One 3 offers a free version with it looks like a free synth as well, but I've not used it as I said. I wondered if anyone has tried it. Here's a link. (https://ehomerecordingstudio.com/best-daw-software/)

My AudioBox came with a free copy of Studio One v3. I did install it and thought it looked good, but not enough to throw away my investment into learning Logics way of doing things.