PDA

View Full Version : Laser's Edge storewide sale

LASERCD
01-28-2013, 12:07 AM
Monday and Tuesday, January 28th and 29th, we are having a storewide sale.

Everything on the website is discounted 10%.

www.lasercd.com

italprogfan
01-28-2013, 07:04 AM
it's been a while (long story), but what happened to your search engine? putting in 'ital' shows nothing, where i used to be able to peruse for hours... doesn't seem to search the text. or is it just me?

LASERCD
01-28-2013, 08:55 AM
The search engine on this site works much differently than the old site.

Progatron
01-28-2013, 09:05 AM
Just jumped on that 5-disc Ponty box! Good prices. Not wild about the shipping cost to Canada though, it's always been much more reasonable. Perhaps that box is unusually bulky?

LASERCD
01-28-2013, 10:25 AM
No. Effective today there was a massive price increase by USPS for all international shipments.

Progatron
01-28-2013, 11:06 AM
Ouch. Well unfortunately that will make me think twice in the future, through no fault of the vendors. :( $10 shipping from NJ to Ontario is ludicrous.

LASERCD
01-28-2013, 11:48 AM
You really only the feel the impact if you order one or two CDs. For heavier shipments it won't be a significant difference.

Camelogue
01-28-2013, 09:53 PM
You really only the feel the impact if you order one or two CDs. For heavier shipments it won't be a significant difference.

i.e. - Buy a lot of stuff!!!!!!!

mozo-pg
01-28-2013, 09:56 PM
i.e. - Buy a lot of stuff!!!!!!!

What a bummer. I would only buy big in the future but there's something to be said about a bunch of small purchases. I know it's beyond the control of the vendor.

Don Arnold
01-28-2013, 11:59 PM
I typically have limited funds when I place an order so this shipping increase will make me think twice (and not just with you Ken, but with any state-side vendor). I discovered this whopper increase over the weekend when I noticed the shipping rate on 1 cent eBay auctions from a particular USA store increase from $3.95 to $7.50 to Canada on a single cd.

As others above have already stated, I realized this is totally beyond the control of the vendor. To echo mozo-pg....bummer.

LASERCD
01-29-2013, 12:20 AM
Don:

I understand. Believe me no one is happy about this.

If you think its bad to Canada you should see the rates to Europe and South America.

Its going to impact any company that does business by mail.

Ken

80s were ok
01-29-2013, 12:33 AM
a single CD from Canada to the US is up that much? It's always only been an extra $1 or $2 shipping to Canada.

80s were ok
01-29-2013, 10:25 AM
Holy fuck - international rates HAVE increased -50% or more in some cases. I sell a bit on Amazon and I knew rates were going up (as they always do nearly yearly)...but WHAT THE FUCK?? This will really have a global impact, I feel. For me, I will probably stop selling a lot of stuff internationally. Everyone loses.

zeprogmeister
01-29-2013, 12:14 PM
Yeah, I just checked USPS rates and it looks like for 1cd the price has about doubled. Maybe more vendors will start sending without jewel cases, though that is more work.

Don Arnold
01-29-2013, 12:37 PM
Hey Ken,

Any chance in a million that you'll be restocking any of these before your sale ends later today:

Agents of Mercy The Black Forest
Anglagard Vijans Oga
Big Big Train English Electric
Kotebel Concerto for Piano & Electric Ensemble

thanks!

LASERCD
01-29-2013, 01:30 PM
No chance I'm afraid. Nothing new going up on the site today. Riverside drops on Thursday.

Don Arnold
01-29-2013, 11:43 PM
Well, under the category of snooze you looze, I checked my want list and took a peek at L/E last evening, drooling over 4 cd's, with the possilbility of adding one or two more given another look this evening. Lo and behold, 2 of the 4 appear to be sold out since my look-see yesterday. Shoulda pulled the trigger! As Ken suggested above, the shipping cost would have been tollerable if I ordered the 4 plus 1 or 2 others (and, obviously, even more). An order of 2 or 3 discs makes it just too expensive. As Greg Lake sings....C'est la vie! Next time!

Esoteric
01-30-2013, 09:24 AM
I know that feeling Ken, my postage costs are ludicrous and I get many, many promo requests from the USa too--I dont serioulsy think they realise the actual costs

I understand. Believe me no one is happy about this.

If you think its bad to Canada you should see the rates to Europe and South America.

Its going to impact any company that does business by mail.

Ken[/QUOTE]

Garden Dreamer
01-30-2013, 10:19 AM
Typically, I see this thread on Wednesday.

LASERCD
01-30-2013, 10:30 AM
We have a weekly email newsletter. The sale was announced via email blast as well as posting on our forum, PE and other sites.