PDA

View Full Version : I need some help with a Subwoofer

Jerjo
01-24-2013, 02:33 PM
In my office, I have an old JVC receiver driving a pair of old Infinity bookshelf speakers, audio feed is coming off my computer. I replaced the drivers on the speakers last year and they sound nice and sharp. But there's no bottom end so I bought this little powered Polk subwoofer. The trouble is that when I hooked up the sub to the B speaker outputs and set the receiver to play both sets of speakers, I only get the sound of the sub. The bookshelf speakers play fine when I just select the A speaker setting, the sub rumbles along when I select B, but it won't do both. There's no pre-amp line out to run to the sub. So is the issue that I need a line out to the subwoofer, or is it that the receiver has a problem and I need to swap it for something new?

Dave (in MA)
01-24-2013, 03:07 PM
Does the Polk have inputs and outputs? My understanding was in that case you'd hook the Polk up to the JVC's A outputs and your Infinitys to the Polk's outputs.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61c4X2y4b%2BL._SY300_.jpg

Jerjo
01-24-2013, 03:25 PM
HOLY SHIT DAVE, IT WORKED. It would have been nice if that was explained in the Polk manual but there ya go. I just put on Celebration Day and the bottom end is RIGHTEOUS! Thanks.

Dave (in MA)
01-25-2013, 02:23 PM
Glad to hear a WAG works once in a while.