PDA

View Full Version : Fringe, Any Fans?

zombywoof
01-21-2013, 12:37 PM
I know this has been on for awhile, but I just discovered it around Christmas and I must say, this is one of the best shows I've seen in a long time. It's wonderfully written, acted, and produced and it is as much of a human drama as it is a great sci-fi. We bought all four seasons and have watched them in a matter of weeks and I'm completely hooked and can't wait to see the next season. Any fans?

NogbadTheBad
01-21-2013, 12:42 PM
We only discovered it recently, we're halfway through the second season. It's very good.

Scott Bails
01-21-2013, 01:17 PM
Excellent show. I'm a little behind, as I still haven't watched last season's finale, but I'm hoping to catch up over the winter.

I haven't heard too many good things about this last season, however.

zombywoof
01-21-2013, 01:50 PM
We only discovered it recently, we're halfway through the second season. It's very good.

That's the season with the "Peter" and "Brown Betty" episodes. Both are positively brilliant. Enjoy.

zombywoof
01-21-2013, 04:14 PM
Excellent show. I'm a little behind, as I still haven't watched last season's finale, but I'm hoping to catch up over the winter.

I haven't heard too many good things about this last season, however.

I just finished the 4th season and the finale is one of the best episodes of the show. You'll love it.

-=RTFR666=-
01-21-2013, 04:25 PM
without spoiling anything i was in an ER room friday night battling extreme diabetes related septic shock but managed to make it through the series finale. one of the most gut-wrenching series closers since Six Feet Under. :O

Klonk
01-21-2013, 04:30 PM
Really enjoyed this show and thought they did a good job with the finale. :up

Jerjo
01-21-2013, 04:51 PM
We're a couple seasons behind but we'll get there eventually. I have heard from several sources that the finale was quite fitting and moving. Very few shows go out on a high note so it's good to know we have this to look forward to.

Scott Bails
01-21-2013, 05:18 PM
without spoiling anything i was in an ER room friday night battling extreme diabetes related septic shock but managed to make it through the series finale.

Yo dude...you okay? That sounds kinda serious.

zombywoof
01-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Really enjoyed this show and thought they did a good job with the finale. :up

I just hope they leave it open ended enough so as to continue the story if the series gets picked up by another network or film series or something.

-=RTFR666=-
01-21-2013, 07:06 PM
Yo dude...you okay? That sounds kinda serious.

I've been battling a foot infection over the past month that was made doubly bad by an incompetent Urgent Care doctor. Between trying to work through the insurance referral system and having my hands full with the single dad routine over the holiay break the whole thing turned sideways on me and I had to undergo emergency surgery this weekend. jury's still out on a decision to amputate the toe and am stuck there until the bluod culture results come in wednesday.

Back on topic though anyone just getting into the series should work their way thru each season - the way things were brought full circle friday night was mindblowing to me.

or maybw it was just the morphine X)

Klonk
01-21-2013, 07:25 PM
the way things were brought full circle friday night was mindblowing to me.

Yes, I thought the way they brought everything together was really well done. Probably as satisfied with a series finale as I have ever been.

moecurlythanu
01-21-2013, 09:38 PM
I was a fan, and had watched from the beginning, but they really started to lose me the season before the current (concluded) one. I started to become disenchanted with the series around midpoint that year, and only stayed with it because of the time I had invested previously. This past year, I think I made it through 2 shows before I pulled the plug. It was a good show the first couple years...

bp
01-21-2013, 09:43 PM
I'm so sad to see the series end. That said it was a great finale and easily my favorite series. If only BSG could have ended thsi well.

We'll see if a movie is in the works. If not, this does have a nice completion to the arc.

willyswing
01-22-2013, 12:53 PM
My favorite show ever, the series finale was gut-wrenching (my dughter & her hubby are also big fans, and we were all teary-eyed at the end).

trurl
01-22-2013, 01:02 PM
I watched the first season then quit... I'm thinking I may have another go at it now!

Dave the Brave
01-22-2013, 01:12 PM
Good luck its been cancelled.

DtB

zombywoof
01-22-2013, 01:49 PM
Good luck its been cancelled.

DtB

There's always DVDs. Also, the Science channel is running reruns.

trurl
01-22-2013, 01:56 PM
And it's available streaming. I prefer watching shows after they've completed their runs and marathoning them. I was able to do most of Breaking Bad that way and now I have to freakin' wait for the last run!

zombywoof
01-22-2013, 03:04 PM
^ I'm with you there. Some parts of this series (particularly the first half of season 3) would be downright painful in real time.

yogibear
01-27-2013, 01:35 PM
the wife and i love this show. too bad its lost some support in the ads and future episodes etal. the thing was very cool for a long time and then they took off on tangents where the watchers took over the earth/timeline what ever since that time we haven't been watching that much since it seems very hard to get the back episodes to fill in where we left off from before. too bad since this show was truly cool but i suppose it was hard to juggle mutliple timelines and stuff to make the thing more plausible overall.

MissKittysMom
01-27-2013, 03:43 PM
I was also late discovering Fringe. After mainlining the first four seasons, I had to turn around and mainline them again! Really amazing show.

The fifth season felt more like a coda than a continuation. I don't know what else they could have done, though; the material of the first four seasons felt like it was already mined out to exhaustion. (That's not a complaint; each season wrapped up at just about the right point, just short of where the show could have fallen into a rut.) Fringe never felt like it was becoming complacent, and only occasionally felt like it was edging towards self-indulgence -- but always managed to pull back before going over the edge. After Alias and Lost, I was extremely reluctant to try another J. J. Abrams show, but Fringe managed to avoid the fatal flaws of his earlier series.

For those who quit early, there really is a series-long arc, but it takes a long time to develop... like well into season 2.

Smörgåsbord
01-27-2013, 05:41 PM
I think the twin world theme is brilliant, but the I found the show a bit silly at times. When the characters became cartoons in a couple of episodes in season 3(?) I kind of lost interest.

80s were ok
01-27-2013, 08:33 PM
I think the twin world theme is brilliant, but the I found the show a bit silly at times. When the characters became cartoons in a couple of episodes in season 3(?) I kind of lost interest.

that was for exactly one episode...and half an episode at that. "Fringe" is probably one of the greatest TV shows of all time.