PDA

View Full Version : Lifesigns -- John Young, Nick Beggs & Frosty Beedle

VickiLynn
01-21-2013, 09:38 AM
I'm eagerly waiting for two new releases these first two months of 2013, and the first one is the eponymous Lifesigns. If you haven't given them a listen, you can do so here: https://www.facebook.com/Signslife?fref=ts

Nick Beggs is what led me to this project, and Steven Wilson is what led me to Nick Beggs. I call it the "Steven Wilson Ripple Effect." I can't help but buy anything associated with Mr. Wilson, and he's led me to a lot of quality music that I might otherwise never listened to.

I'm really looking forward to my Lifesigns cd. I only wish it was being released on vinyl!

folkjokeopus
01-23-2013, 07:41 AM
My copy is ordered. Really looking forward to it. I've seen John play live several times and he's a class act.

There has to be enough folks here who can make this album the success it deserves to be.

polmico
01-23-2013, 01:11 PM
On my radar (interestingly enough b/c of the SW ripple effect, too), but I'm not sold. I'll have to listen to the samples again and maybe wait for some reviews to come in.

VickiLynn
01-23-2013, 04:45 PM
...and today it was announced that there's a limited amount of vinyl available -- only 250 copies. I prefer vinyl, and the album art will look incredible, but I already pre-ordered the cd. I wish I didn't have to pay so much in shipping!

Esoteric
01-25-2013, 03:28 PM
Many thanks to all that have ordered this

Cheers

soblivious
01-31-2013, 05:24 PM
Apologies to anyone unable to get the CD at the moment this is due to demand outstripping supply. On the positive side the CD did make the number 1 spot in Amazon's Japanese Progressive Rock Chart and also made Amazon's National Top 100 Album chart in the U.K.

ChrisXymphonia
02-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Ok, have this cd now for a week now and I am absolutely loving it. What I like about it is that guitars are taking a backseat and keyboards and bass are upfront. But it isn't in the ELP / Wakeman kind of vein at all as the keyboards tend to be focused on creating a great atmosphere or even an orchestral feel. Songs are highly melodic and cover quite a bit of ground but there aren't big instrumental stretches although they do pop up here and there and at those moments, which are carefully chosen for maximum effect, the music reaches quite a highwater mark. Vocals parts are very well done by John Young with a lot of the higher harmonies done by Nick Beggs giving this album a nice Yes vibe.

Cool album which has an addictive quality as well.

Reginod
05-18-2013, 11:20 PM
Just picked this up this week and think it is really outstanding. Great job, John & Co.! :up :up

Staun
05-20-2013, 02:58 PM
Now I hear there still will be no vinyl. Bad news.