PDA

View Full Version : Survivor Caramoan: Fans vs Favorites

Gruno
01-14-2013, 01:33 PM
The cast has been officially announced:

CBS has announced the twenty castaways who will compete against each other on 'Survivor Caramoan: Fans vs Favorites', when the series returns for its 26th season with a two-hour premiere next month.

Ten 'Survivor' fans will have the chance to prove they have what it takes when they take on their favorite players from the past. The 20 castaways will be divided into two tribes of 10.

The first being the Bikal tribe, made up of former players deemed favorites including Malcolm, Cochran and Brandon Hantz, and the Gota tribe, comprised of new contestants to the game.

The favorites will include:

Malcolm Freberg
Hermosa Beach, Calif.
Bartender
Survivor: Philippines

John Cochran
Washington D.C.
Law Student
Survivor: South Pacific

Phillip Sheppard
Santa Monica, Calif.
Software Sales
Survivor: Redemption Island

Brandon Hantz
Katy, Texas
Chemical Disposal

Brenda Lowe
Miami, Fla.
Paddleboard Co. Owner
Survivor: Nicaragua

Corinne Kaplan
Los Angeles
Clinical Consultant
Survivor: Gabon

Dawn Meehan
South Jordan, Utah
English Professor

Erik Reichenbach
Santa Clarita, Calif.
Comic Book Artist
Survivor: Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites

Francesca Hogi
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Attorney

Andrea Boehlke
New York
Entertainment Host and Writer

While the first time players will be composed of:

Laura Alexander
Washington, D.C.
Administrative Officer

Sherri Biethman
Boise, Idaho
Fast Food Franchisee

Matt Bischoff
Cincinnati, Ohio
BMX Bike Sales

Hope Driskill
Jefferson City, Mo.
Pre-Law Student

Edward 'Eddie' Fox
East Brunswick, N.J.
Fireman/EMT

Julia Landauer
Stanford, Calif.
Racecar Driver

Alexandra "Allie" Pohevitz
Oceanside, N.Y.
Bartender

Michael Snow
New York
Event Planner

Shamar Thomas
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Iraq War Veteran

Reynold Toepfer
San Francisco
Real Estate Sales

'Survivor Caramoan: Fans vs Favorites' premieres on Wednesday, February 13 at 8 PM on CBS.

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad308/goblynzgroove/misc/survivor-season-26-cast_zps6cc6228a.jpg

Hobo Chang Ba
01-14-2013, 04:38 PM
I remember 6 of the returning people by name alone. Which is actually a pretty good number for me. I wonder if any will strike a chord once I see them/hear them in action.

enpdllp
01-28-2013, 03:42 AM
With the exception of Malcom, it looks like the producers of the show were scrapping the bottom of the barrel for the "favorites". I just hope Cockroach is the first one out followed by Hantz and Phillipe. I also hope exposure of Phillipe's pink underwear is kept to a minimum.

Klonk
01-28-2013, 06:46 PM
Not me. I hope they stay the whole game for entertainment value.

Hobo Chang Ba
01-28-2013, 11:07 PM
I like Cochran so I hope he sticks around. The other two...don't really care...though Brandon can be quite annoying at time he can also be funny (unintentionally I'm sure). Phil is just odd/out there but nothing I would consider malevolent.

ForeverAutumn
02-06-2013, 03:06 PM
I was about to start a thread and decided to do a search first. Glad that I did. I should have known that Gruno would have a jump on things. :)

I can't believe that CBS is letting a Hantz boy back on TV. Have they learned nothing from Brandon's prior meltdowns and his uncle getting kicked off Big Brother? I almost want to boycott this season because he's on it. But you all know that I won't. I love this show too much. I just have to hope that he gets his whiny, mentally disturbed, Hantz ass kicked off at the first opportunity.

And Phillip Sheppard? Really? Another total fucking psychotic. I agree with enpdllp, that it looks like they were scraping the barrel for this cast. Although I do like Cochran. And I'm happy to see Dawn Meehan back.

Is Erik Reichenbach the guy who gave up his idol at TC and then got voted out in that same TC?

Gruno
02-06-2013, 04:13 PM
I think Survivor is trying to get away from the veterans from the early seasons. I get the impression they want to build on their "faves" and try to get viewers to like more characters from past seasons so they are bringing out this new crop of veterans. Interesting that we find multiple returning players from South Pacific & Redemption Island seasons. I assume producers want the cliques and a divide amongst veterans from the beginning.

Last weekend I watched a 30 minute special/preview on TV Guide Network that was hosted by Lisa Welchel. The special had clips and interview segments with the veterans, the newbies and Jeff Probst. It actually got me a bit excited for this season to begin. I hope that thrill lasts throughout the season!

enpdllp
02-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Is Erik Reichenbach the guy who gave up his idol at TC and then got voted out in that same TC?

Yes.

ForeverAutumn
02-06-2013, 04:43 PM
Well then I sure hope he plays smarter this time. :D

Gladiator1634
02-06-2013, 05:34 PM
Checking out the preview tonight. A few surprises when I saw the names of the fan favorites. No preference for me I just want it to be interesting last season got off to a slow start but then it picked up.
Interestingly 15 out of the 20 are from either the East or West coast what happened to the rest of the country?

Gruno
02-11-2013, 01:20 PM
Getting ready for the premiere in 2 days!!

Hobo Chang Ba
02-11-2013, 04:06 PM
Checking out the preview tonight. A few surprises when I saw the names of the fan favorites. No preference for me I just want it to be interesting last season got off to a slow start but then it picked up.
Interestingly 15 out of the 20 are from either the East or West coast what happened to the rest of the country?

I couldn't sleep and it was on so I watched it and all I have to say is....LOL they are bringing back someone who was voted out first. Scraping the bottom of the barrel just doesn't describe it. The perverse side of me wants her to go out first again. :D

ForeverAutumn
02-13-2013, 01:56 PM
Counting down and looking forward to 8:00. I hope Brandon is gone tonight.

Klonk
02-13-2013, 04:50 PM
I want Brandon to stick around a while. He's a train wreck. I like train wrecks. The show has been way too vanilla for a while now.

ForeverAutumn
02-13-2013, 04:56 PM
I want Brandon to stick around a while. He's a train wreck. I like train wrecks. The show has been way too vanilla for a while now.

You have a point. I just think that the Hantz family's 15 minutes was over a long, long time ago. Time to move on.

enpdllp
02-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Counting down and looking forward to 8:00. I hope Brandon is gone tonight.

Not a Brandon fan, but at least he could help the tribe on physical challenges plus he is dumb as a door knob and easy to manipulate. Survivor 101, get rid of your weak players early on the game to keep your tribe strong and out of tribal councils so you have a numbers advantage at the merge. Get rid of weak players that are not predictable or trustworthy even quicker. Vote off the stronger players after the merge.

Cockroach would be a better choice for the favorites tribe to eliminate on the first TC vote. He does not bring any redeeming qualities to the table since he is no help on physical challenges or camp duties, not good on puzzles, plus he is not a person to trust on an alliance. He is also annoying as hell. Not getting rid of Cockroach early on will tempt some folks to make the mistake of keeping him for the final TC in the hope that them going with Cockroach to the final TC will give them a better chance to win. Doing so will be a big and costly mistake for those fools.

Gruno
02-13-2013, 06:48 PM
You have a point. I just think that the Hantz family's 15 minutes was over a long, long time ago. Time to move on.

Yeah, I agree... although I would like to see him squirm and get paranoid for an episode or two!

Gruno
02-14-2013, 10:40 AM
The perverse side of me wants her to go out first again. :D

Haha! This was classic! I loved her exiting! She was the same as before.

enpdllp
02-14-2013, 10:55 AM
In the same way that the boot list of previous seasons and cast names have been leaked to the public way before it was officially disclosed, there are rumors floating around that many of the challenges for this season were leaked out on the net a month before the filming started and some contestants used the information to practice the challenges at home.

ForeverAutumn
02-14-2013, 02:08 PM
Poor Francesca. That must've hurt. She would have done well to just sit back, say nothing, and fly under the radar for a while.

If you look at the cast for the favourites, aside from Malcolm, none of them were particularly good players in their season IIRC. Maybe that's the intention. Instead of putting together a team of leaders like they've done in the past, it's like the producers purposely put together a team of misfits. It could make for a fun season.

Also, it's nice to see some male eye-candy for a change. It's been a while. Althought that firefighter guy is far to full of himself to still be attractive after you've heard him speak.

ForeverAutumn
02-14-2013, 02:12 PM
On a slightly different topic, Big Brother Canada premieres on February 27th. I'm not sure how I'm going to find time to watch three nights a week during the real year (as opposed to summer when I'm not as busy), but I'm going to try. If any of you Yankees can get the channel and want to watch, let me know and I'll start a thread.

SteveSly
02-14-2013, 06:02 PM
[QUOTE=ForeverAutumn;51949]If you look at the cast for the favourites, aside from Malcolm, none of them were particularly good players in their season IIRC. Maybe that's the intention. Instead of putting together a team of leaders like they've done in the past, it's like the producers purposely put together a team of misfits. It could make for a fun season.
QUOTE]

Agreed, Malcom should roll over all of these people.

Steve Sly

Hobo Chang Ba
02-14-2013, 06:31 PM
Haha! This was classic! I loved her exiting! She was the same as before.

It was fantastic. The first and hopefully the last time someone gets the boot first twice (ie the producers don't do such crazy things as inviting someone who was ousted first back in any capacity.)

And after watching, I still don't remember the people I didn't before (except Dawn). But still...looking forward to he season progressing.

NeonKnight
02-15-2013, 04:51 PM

Second that thought. I feel the same about Cochran and Phillip. We need them around just for the sheer trainwreck aspect of it all.

Any candidates for trainwrecks in the new tribe? Maybe this marine guy, who nearly got through the first 5 minutes in camp without a meltdown? Hillbilly Dude may be a wigout possibility himself...

Duncan Glenday
02-15-2013, 07:28 PM
I think that kid who gave away the idol when he was already in the final five will probably go further than anyone thinks...

enpdllp
02-15-2013, 07:47 PM
I think that kid who gave away the idol when he was already in the final five will probably go further than anyone thinks...

That's assuming Brandon does not give another idol again or has a mental meltdown. The guy is more unstable than a Francium isotope. I am surprised he even passed whatever psychological test the contestants have to take before the show.

NeonKnight
02-21-2013, 09:40 AM
Did someone mention "trainwreck" candidates? :lol

Nothing but meltdowns in this one. Can the bar get any lower? (sure lots)

ForeverAutumn
02-21-2013, 11:05 AM
Based on this week and the preview for next week, we're definately heading into "One Flew Over the Coocoo's Nest" territory. :lol

Klonk
02-21-2013, 11:23 AM
Just how I like it :D

hippypants
02-28-2013, 12:20 AM
Brandon & Phillip--make it worth watching, nutter than fruitcake.

I'm glad the marine guy stayed on, I'm surprised he'd want to bail out so soon.

I still like the young Jewish guy on the Favorites team, forget his name, and the guy with the long hair that does well in the challenges that played last season.

ForeverAutumn
02-28-2013, 09:57 AM
I still like the young Jewish guy on the Favorites team, forget his name, and the guy with the long hair that does well in the challenges that played last season.

Cochrane and Malcolm.

I love Cochrane! He's such an underdog that I can't help but root for him to go far. I loved what he said last night about "everyday being like Wednesday at 8:00". That just summed up how much he loves the game. I would totally love to see him win.

I'm glad that the marine guy stuck around too. I can appreciate that after everything he's been through he just wants to be happy, but he would have regretted it if he quit. I hope that he can pull his emotions together and calm down.

I also hope that Reynolds (the guy with the idol) sticks around for a while. Not that I care about his game play so much, but he's the hottest guy there. :drool

Gladiator1634
03-02-2013, 11:30 AM
I'm glad the marine guy stayed on, I'm surprised he'd want to bail out so soon.

I was hoping he would leave. He is a lazy nasty malcontent. He doesn't do anything around camp but cause dysfunction in the team. I realize the goal is to get yourself to the end to win the million dollars but in the early stages you need to be a positive productive team player to help increase your chances of advancing.

ForeverAutumn
03-02-2013, 01:41 PM
Did anyone else notice that there was a scene where two players (I think Brandon and Cochrane) were talking and then Philip walked up, and the camera cut away from the group shot to individual players. When the camera cut back to a wide shot Cochrane had turned into Malcolm. Bad edit. LOL!

ForeverAutumn
03-02-2013, 01:42 PM
I was hoping he would leave. He is a lazy nasty malcontent. He doesn't do anything around camp but cause dysfunction in the team. I realize the goal is to get yourself to the end to win the million dollars but in the early stages you need to be a positive productive team player to help increase your chances of advancing.

I wouldn't have been sorry to see him voted out...I'm just glad he didn't quit.

enpdllp
03-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Did anyone else notice that there was a scene where two players (I think Brandon and Cochrane) were talking and then Philip walked up, and the camera cut away from the group shot to individual players. When the camera cut back to a wide shot Cochrane had turned into Malcolm. Bad edit. LOL!

Did not noticed that one, but on the second episode they gave away the winner of the challenge before the challenge even started. After Probst expalined the challenge and stated the winners were also getting fishing gear, the camera panned into the fishing gear basket and showed a diving mask. On the opening sequence they show Malcom on the water with a mask, so that clue me in that the Favorites were going to win that challenge.

BTW, Cockroach's last name is spelled without an "e" at the end.

enpdllp
03-02-2013, 04:06 PM

Not a fan of Shamar, but the Fans tribe need him for the physical challenges. If they get rid of him this early in the game, the Fans will be losing all the physical challenges. They should keep him just until the merge, unless the Fans have a numbers advantage over the Favorites and a solid alliance. You might be right that a positive productive team increases your chances to win, but all the positive thoughts in the world would not compensate for a lack of strength.

ForeverAutumn
03-03-2013, 09:38 AM
BTW, Cockroach's last name is spelled without an "e" at the end.

Thanks. That's how I spelled it throughout his first season and it was wrong. So, I actually knew that I was spelling it wrong, but I wasn't sure of the right way. Now I know. :)

hippypants
03-09-2013, 01:17 AM
Psst, psst, Phillip, your secret name will be nutball. Brandon, shhh, and your secret name will be passive aggressive Jesus freak psycho. Ok we've got each others back. :)

enpdllp
03-09-2013, 02:12 AM
Psst, psst, Phillip, your secret name will be nutball. Brandon, shhh, and your secret name will be passive aggressive Jesus freak psycho. Ok we've got each others back. :)

I hope both Brandon and Phillip are gone before they can qualify for jury.

Based on this past episode loss for the Fans and Shamar's injury, I think they are going to shuffle the tribes before the merge.

ForeverAutumn
03-09-2013, 09:50 AM

LMAO! That's very funny. :)

I agree that a shuffle is coming. The chick who got voted out alluded to a possible shuffle at last week's TC. I like the shuffles. It makes things more interesting.

Klonk
03-11-2013, 05:08 PM
'shuffle' is a great word. It's fun to say...just kinda rolls right out. Or that could very well just be me.

I'm liking this season so far. Seems like everyone is getting some spotlight except for maybe one or two. The challenges have been close and pretty exciting. Some good trainwrecks bound to happen. I'm enjoying this time around after some real snoozer seasons of late. :up

ForeverAutumn
03-13-2013, 09:01 PM
I can't believe that CBS is letting a Hantz boy back on TV. Have they learned nothing from Brandon's prior meltdowns and his uncle getting kicked off Big Brother?

Okay, let's hope that the lesson is FINALLY learned and that's the last time we ever see a Hantz on reality TV. :roll

But on the other hand...GREAT freakin' episode!

hippypants
03-13-2013, 11:39 PM
Well, that was something. That Brandon guy had some issues huh? Phillip will be very lucky to make it to the finale three, I think--too many people see how he's manipulating things, but will go along with it for now. The other tribe should be more interesting once the merge. I'm sort of glad that one guy found the other idol. If it were me, I wouldn't tell anyone.

enpdllp
03-14-2013, 04:15 AM
Okay, let's hope that the lesson is FINALLY learned and that's the last time we ever see a Hantz on reality TV. :roll

That depends on the ratings that they get for last night's episode and the rest of the season. Whoever was the psychologist that cleared Hantz for the show should get his/her license to practice revoked. The first time Brandon was in the game they were able to say they did not saw it coming. This time they cannot use the same excuse. Having such a troubled person under not ideal conditions, hunger, lack of shelter, lack of support group, etc., was not a great idea. I think the producers just thought about ratings and not the welfare of Brandon or the other cast mates. If I was on Brandon's tribe, I would have kept the machete far away from him at all times. FWIW, there is a secret scene on the Survivor website where Brandon is talking to Erik and telling him he was going to burn down the camp if he heard he or Erik were going to be voted out.

But on the other hand...GREAT freakin' episode!

I am not sure it was that great. I like the drama here and there, but I prefer the competition and the strategy part of the game better. What happened last night was very sad. I am even under the impression that after they arrived to the immunity challenge, some of it was staged to make it more dramatic. A few times during the ordeal Brandon appeared to be holding his laughter.

Well, that was something. That Brandon guy had some issues huh? Phillip will be very lucky to make it to the finale three, I think--too many people see how he's manipulating things, but will go along with it for now.

I hope that you are right regarding Phillip's chance to go to the finale, but just like Boston Rob, I am quite sure some folks would like to carry him to the final because he cannot get enough votes to win the game. They keep/tolerate Phillip because he is harmless.

I'm sort of glad that one guy found the other idol. If it were me, I wouldn't tell anyone.

Reynold might have found two idols and be a physical threat but he is a lousy strategic player. He could not keep to himself he had found the idol. He had to brag about it to Ed.

Hobo Chang Ba
03-14-2013, 04:39 AM

Amen! Man does that boy have some issues. I know they can edit things very well but it seemed like every other day it was up then down, then up then down (then of course over the top). I'm sure it made people miss the god lovin' Brandon from his first stint.

But knowing CBS/reality tv hantz version 3 will probably be out and about at some point.

paythesnuka
03-14-2013, 08:38 AM
I hope that you are right regarding Phillip's chance to go to the finale, but just like Boston Rob, I am quite sure some folks would like to carry him to the final because he cannot get enough votes to win the game. They keep/tolerate Phillip because he is harmless.

I don't know if that strategy will work this year. Yeah, Phillip is a kook and gets on the nerve of everyone there. But he seems to do a lot at camp this season and has been a beast at challenges. I can think of two challenges off the top of my head that I would say that he was the one that won it for the tribe. Take this guy to the end this time and maybe some jury voters give him credit for lasting this long this time (I don't think anyone is carrying him along this time) and doing great at challenges.

I'm not a psychiatrist, but Brandon seems to be a typical case of someone who is bipolar. He should have not been cleared for this game. What would have happened if instead of dumping the rice, he decided to go after Phillip with a machete?

I hope I never see another Hantz again, but somehow I have a feeling some sort of reality show featuring Russell and Brandon could be in the pipeline, or at least a Russell and Brandon special episode of Dr. Phil.

Klonk
03-14-2013, 10:12 AM
Well that was interesting! I got a kick out of Reynold's expressions of "holy shit, what is happening here!" during Brandon's tirade at the immunity challenge :lol

NeonKnight
03-14-2013, 10:23 AM
That Hantz meltdown was about as predictable as Jeff wearing a blue shirt to tribal.:lol

Nice job by Reynold playing the idol then finding another one like 4 hours later. Might be some sort of record.

The challenges have been pretty good this year, lots of water action and no puzzles. Too bad there was no immunity last night, but it was worth it just to see Brenda say, "this is a meltdown".

I need more Brenda screentime. More Brenda! More Brenda! (thisisameltdown)

ForeverAutumn
03-14-2013, 10:36 AM
Well that was interesting! I got a kick out of Reynold's expressions of "holy shit, what is happening here!" during Brandon's tirade at the immunity challenge :lol

Yeah, me too. I commented on it to my husband..great facial expressions. I hope that they play that missed challenge at some point in the game. It looked interesting. I don't think that it's something that we've seen before, but I have a terrible memory so I could be wrong.

I was thinking about what Brandon said about Phillip being carried along by Boston Rob in his last season and the game that Phillip is playing this season. I think that Phillip learned from Rob. He’s playing Rob’s game (or, at least, trying to).

Rob always enters the game saying “I’m going to win this thing, who want to come in second?” Then he struts around like he’s controlling things and eliminates the people that don’t follow along with his plan. Either you’re with him and prepared to finish behind him or you’re toast. That’s how Phillip is playing. I wouldn’t be surprised if Rob coached him before he returned to the game.

The difference is, Rob can be charming and very persuasive. He has a way of figuring out how to help someone get ahead while furthering his own game. He’ll help you take one step forward, while he takes two. But you’ll like him for helping you take that one step. I don’t think that Phillip has that same strategic intelligence…and he definitely doesn’t have the empathy and compassion that I’ve seen Rob show towards people. Phillip works around camp and he’s good at challenges; that’s a good reason to keep him on a team, but once the merge happens he just becomes an annoying threat.

I don’t expect him to last very long once his vote is no longer required to play the numbers game.

Duncan Glenday
03-14-2013, 11:06 AM
I need more Brenda screentime. More Brenda! More Brenda! (thisisameltdown)

Nah - who's the blondie on the Favorites team? She's smokin' hot!

Duncan Glenday
03-14-2013, 11:07 AM
Found the one I'm referring to...

http://i2.cdnds.net/13/02/618x843/ustv-survivor-caramoan-andrea-boehlke.jpg

ForeverAutumn
03-14-2013, 11:27 AM
She's got a great body, but I think that her face looks like one of those troll dolls.

Klonk
03-14-2013, 11:40 AM
:lol

NeonKnight
03-14-2013, 12:15 PM
More Brenda...:p

http://wwwimage.cbsstatic.com/base/files/styles/596xh/public/101916_d0276b.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/13z8tmw.jpg

Hey now ;)....:up

Gruno
03-14-2013, 03:36 PM
Forget those dames... how can I get a massage from Jeff Probst like the one he gave to Brandon... hubba, hubba, hubba!

Ok, I was sorta jokin' there... but wasn't that funny how Jeff was massaging Brandon? Edited differently, it would be funny to see Jeff massaging Brandon, then cut to when Jeff says, "Now go behind the challenge and wait for me, ok?"

Last night's was a good one! I wish they had played a challenge but I will take the rare implosion as a one-time per season substitute.

enpdllp
03-14-2013, 04:02 PM
Ok, I was sorta jokin' there... but wasn't that funny how Jeff was massaging Brandon?

I am under the impression that was Probst subtle way to hold Little Hantz from running towards Agent Pink Underwear.

ForeverAutumn
03-14-2013, 04:12 PM
Edited differently, it would be funny to see Jeff massaging Brandon, then cut to when Jeff says, "Now go behind the challenge and wait for me, ok?"

That's freakin' hilarious! You made me laugh out loud. Really.

I agree that was Jeff's way of hanging on to Brandon. I also think that the physical interaction probably helped to keep Brandon grounded in reality. Jeff handled the entire thing incredibly well. I suspect that he was coached beforehand on what was going down and how to respond to it. And no doubt there was a little voice in his ear coaching him as the situation unfolded.

I hope that Brandon gets the help he needs. That kid is a walking timebomb. Yet, he seems to me like someone who really wants to be a good person but is haunted by inner-demons. From the little I've seen of his uncles and his dad (his dad appeared on the "loved ones" show the last time he was on) don't think he's had an easy time of it. They're all huge assholes. It can't be easy to be part of that family.

I'd watch the Dr. Phil special in a heartbeat. Dr. Phil in prime time with the Hantzes. Yep, I'm there. :bad

Klonk
03-14-2013, 04:34 PM
I think Probst is a great host. Until the finale when they have the always disappointing Q & A.

paythesnuka
03-14-2013, 04:34 PM
This article from Entertainment Weekly's web site gives Probst's views of the Hantz meltdown:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/14/survivor-caramoan-jeff-probst-brandon-hantz-meltdown/

Gruno
03-14-2013, 05:04 PM
This article from Entertainment Weekly's web site gives Probst's views of the Hantz meltdown:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/14/survivor-caramoan-jeff-probst-brandon-hantz-meltdown/

Thanks for that!

ForeverAutumn
03-14-2013, 06:08 PM

Great interview. Gives a lot of insight. I didn't realize that the first person that people see after being voted out is a psychologist. I truly hope that Brandon is okay. As much as I found last night's meltdown riveting TV, it was also a bit disturbing. I loved Dawn's comment when Probst asked if she was happy (or something like that). She said, Brandon is happy and that's more important (or something like that).

Hobo Chang Ba
03-14-2013, 08:01 PM
More Brenda...:p

Hey now ;)....:up

Definitely more attractive than the blonde at the top of the page. Though the most attractive for me is the young brunette on the fans tribe.

Hobo Chang Ba
03-14-2013, 08:02 PM

:up

paythesnuka
03-15-2013, 02:10 PM
Definitely more attractive than the blonde at the top of the page. Though the most attractive for me is the young brunette on the fans tribe.

There's a young brunette on the fan's tribe? She's certainly the one getting the "I'm there but you won't see me for 10 or so episodes" edit.

Gruno
03-15-2013, 02:21 PM
Ok, I finally watched the entire episode... crazy stuff going on. I am sure Phillip will crack one day. I would be fascinated to see the cameras follow him in his everyday life.

Wow, the Hantz family sure raises them fine 'n dandy, huh?

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad308/goblynzgroove/misc/photo_zpsbe42abfd.jpg

NeonKnight
03-15-2013, 04:17 PM
There's a young brunette on the fan's tribe? She's certainly the one getting the "I'm there but you won't see me for 10 or so episodes" edit.

Truly she is there and there would be no complaints from me once they decide to show some more of her! :D Bikini wars! Brenda vs whoever!

This probably happens every year but this season the issue seems pretty glaringly obvious...

Survivor Caramoan: Fans vs. Favorites

starring wacky Phillip, loose cannon Brandon and lazy Shamar!

(plus a bunch of others)

Hobo Chang Ba
03-15-2013, 05:04 PM

Well she is pretty quiet and doesn't seem to get caught up in any of the tribal fights that have dominated the coverage of the fans camp. I think her name is Julia? Or was that one of the blondes that was voted out already. Hmm...

Hobo Chang Ba
03-15-2013, 05:05 PM
Truly she is there and there would be no complaints from me once they decide to show some more of her! :D Bikini wars! Brenda vs whoever!

Mmm...now there's a show worth watching! :p :D

wideopenears
03-15-2013, 05:51 PM
Brenda is......yeah. This had to hurt, though:

http://u.cubeupload.com/caramoangifs/wnhRea.gif

wideopenears
03-15-2013, 06:01 PM
Brenda Vs. Christina for the fall.....
http://i.imgur.com/2fUjz.gif
Sorry, I just love that gif so much...

wideopenears
03-15-2013, 06:15 PM
Talk about dramatically staged falls....

http://i.imgur.com/4VuD2.gif

wideopenears
03-15-2013, 06:19 PM
Back to Brenda though...

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/16400000/Brenda-Lowe-survivor-16417176-595-893.jpg

enpdllp
03-15-2013, 10:41 PM
Wow, the Hantz family sure raises them fine 'n dandy, huh?

The scarier part is that this guy is 21 years old with two kids and another one on the way. Someone has to neuter this dude for humanity's sake.

ForeverAutumn
03-19-2013, 10:24 AM
Aw man, it's too bad that the Big Brother fans here can't watch Big Brother Canada. It's highly entertaining and has had some very interesting twists and turns. You're missing out my American friends. :D

Gruno
03-19-2013, 11:30 AM
Aw man, it's too bad that the Big Brother fans here can't watch Big Brother Canada. It's highly entertaining and has had some very interesting twists and turns. You're missing out my American friends. :D

Pah! You THINK we can't!

Slice channel puts the episodes up on YouTube the next morning after they are aired! On DirecTV I can do a search for YouTube content and there they are, with no commercials!

So, Gary Glitter went back on his word to Tom, eh? Start a thread and I will join for sure!!

Talla is a crack-up with her wacky facial expressions and her funny outbursts.

I am favoring Peter in the game.

ForeverAutumn
03-19-2013, 05:59 PM
Awesome Gruno! The post I made was directed at you but I didn't want to leave anyone out. :) Okay, I've started a thread, but I think that you and I may be the only participants.

ForeverAutumn
03-21-2013, 10:27 AM
I don't think that I could hate Phillip more than I did last night. If he called Julie "The Girl" one more time I swear I was gonna throw something at the TV. UGH! How disrespectful. There are only three new people, learn her name for fucks sake.

I was sorry to see Matt leave. I liked him. And it was totally stupid of a physically weak team to get rid of a strong physical player. I think that decision will really hurt them. Julie should have been the one to go. She's no help in challenges. I would have expected the Favourites to play with better strategy than that.

NeonKnight
03-21-2013, 11:17 AM
Yeah, I agree it was totally stupid for that team to dump a strong player for the challenges. On the other hand, glad they're keeping Julia in case any bikini contests break out.

I am also not so sure re-shuffling the teams is such a great idea if this season is supposed to be Fans vs. Favorites. Not so much any more, is it?

More like the Young and Beautiful vs Old Pink Underwear...

Works out so nicely for Reynold and Eddie though. Out of elimination danger and on to the same tribe as Brenda and Andrea. (and their bikinis)

Sweet.:D

paythesnuka
03-21-2013, 02:11 PM
They really should have done a schoolyard pick'em for the new tribes. Use the colored egg to choose the captains and then have the captains choose. It would have likely made the tribes more even. At this rate, I can't see Phillip's team winning any challenge.

Hobo Chang Ba
03-22-2013, 04:20 AM
glad they're keeping Julia in case any bikini contests break out.

Amen to that!

hippypants
03-25-2013, 01:32 AM
"it was totally stupid of a physically weak team to get rid of a strong physical player."

I thought so too. Even if you just can't stand the player, I think you need a stronger player to help win challenges so you don't have to go to tribal consul. I was sort of expecting them to mix everyone up again, which I think adds a bit more to the game and keeps everyone on their toes.

Magic Mountain
03-25-2013, 08:20 AM
^It just goes to show how paranoid players become when there is the potential of an immunity idol being played. If the three of the fans would have worked together putting out disinformation on the immunity idol, thye may have been able to even the numbers. Unfortunately, Matt let it be known that he didn't have an idol and the favorites took the safe bet.

Gruno
03-26-2013, 12:41 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/25/survivor-france-gerald-babin-dies_n_2949934.html

Tragedy struck "Survivor's" French adaptation "Koh Lanta" Friday, March 22 when 25-year-old contestant Gerald Babin died after suffering a heart attack during "shipwreck" challenge that also included a tug of war in Cambodia.

The show was immediately canceled for the season as Channel TF1 and Adventure Line Productions flew the contestants back from Cambodia to Paris over the weekend. Neither the network nor the production company has yet said whether they plan to continue "Koh Lanta" for future seasons.

According to THR, Babin began to complain about pain in his arms after the contestants jumped out of a boat, swam to shore and engaged in a tug-of-war. He received medical attention from the show's doctor on the scene and was airlifted to a hospital, but suffered a series of cardiac arrests in the helicopter before they could get there.

The network and production company released a joint statement reacting to the sad news. “Adventure Line Productions, TF1 and [host] Denis Broginart are devastated and join in the profound sadness of Gerald’s family.”

Hobo Chang Ba
03-26-2013, 03:58 PM
^ Damn!

That is quite sad news. Very young...probably thought that this could have been something beneficial for him. Or at leat enjoyable.

Though, I suppose shouldn't be too much of a surprise. Some of those challenges (at least on the US one...didn't even know there was a French one) are very strenuous and I'm surprised more serious injuries don't occur.

NeonKnight
03-26-2013, 04:17 PM
Only a matter of time until it happens in the US version. Especially if the producers insist on Hantz types...

ForeverAutumn
03-26-2013, 06:36 PM
That's very sad. I'm sure that the cast and crew are devastated.

Hobo Chang Ba
03-28-2013, 03:27 AM
About tonights episode:

Damn...I guess the dream couldn't last forever!

ForeverAutumn
03-28-2013, 09:05 AM
I am so sick and tired of Philip. Not just because he's an idiot...which he is...but the amount of screen time that is devoted to him is really starting to annoy me. I can't wait for the night his torch gets snuffed.

He blew two, yes TWO challenges in one episode and yet he lives on in a tribe that, last week, voted out one of their strongest players. I'm kind of sorry to see that the merge will be next week. I would enjoy watching this tribe of the world's stupidist favourites continue to self-destruct.

wideopenears
03-28-2013, 11:53 AM
Yah, Secret Agent Man has got to go....seriously.

ForeverAutumn
03-28-2013, 01:38 PM
Love the avatar wideopenears. :)

Gruno
04-02-2013, 07:04 PM
Survivor (http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/tv/tv-doctor-kills-himself-after-french-survivor-contestant-death/2013/04/02/f9e42a16-9b8e-11e2-9219-51eb8387e8f1_story.html)

PARIS — A well-known TV doctor overseeing the French “Survivor” reality show has committed suicide following the sudden death of a young contestant he had treated, France’s biggest TV station says.

Dr. Thierry Costa killed himself on location Monday on an island in Cambodia, the TF1 station said. Costa, 38, blamed the press for damaging his professional reputation in a handwritten suicide note that TF1 published on its website.

It was the second death in as many weeks to hit the prime-time “Koh-Lanta” show broadcast by TF1.

The first tragedy was a 25-year-old contestant, Gerald Babin, who died March 22 during the first day of filming for the show’s 2013 season. Babin went to Costa to get treated for mysterious cramps he had during the season’s first tropical challenge but died in a hospital soon after following a heart attack, according to TF1.

The network has not released any details about what the contestants were doing before Babin died but French media said he was engaged in a tug-of-war.

The French version of the show — which has broadcast 15 seasons to date — asks contenders to complete sometimes intense physical challenges to win food. Like in other countries, participants are gradually voted off as the season progresses.

An inquiry into possible “involuntary homicide” in Babin’s death was launched by the Creteil prosecutor’s office southeast of Paris and TF1 immediately cancelled the show’s season.

But controversy over Babin’s death grew. Anonymous comments appeared in French media accusing Costa, the on-air doctor, and Adventure Line Productions of negligence that contributed to Babin’s death — charges that all parties vehemently denied.

Costa’s suicide note addressed these allegations.

“These last few days my name has been smeared in the media. Unjust accusations and assumptions were uttered against me,” he wrote on notepaper from the hotel where the “Koh-Lanta” team was staying. “Having to rebuild this destroyed reputation seems unbearable to me, so this is my only possible choice.”

TF1 said it “shares the pain” of Costa’s family. Adventure Line Productions issued a statement expressing its “consternation” over the suicide.

“This tragic event must push those who irresponsibly accused and commented to come out and take responsibility,” the company said in a statement.

In his suicide note, Costa’s last wish was to be cremated in Cambodia so that his body never had to return to France.

The “Survivor” format has been adapted for numerous international versions— and this was not the first time the show has had a contestant die during filming. In 2009, a participant in the Bulgarian version suffered a fatal heart attack while filming on an island in the Philippines.

In another reality show tragedy this week, shooting in the U.S. for the second season of the MTV’s “BUCKWILD” has been suspended after a popular cast member was found dead Monday along with two others inside an SUV in West Virginia.

Shain Gandee, nicknamed “Gandee Candy” by fans, was found in a vehicle that was partially submerged in a mud pit about a mile from his home near Sissonville, authorities said. An autopsy completed Tuesday showed that the three men died from carbon monoxide poisoning, and their deaths have been ruled accidental. The tail pipe was submerged and it’s possible the gas could have filled the cabin because of the clogged exhaust pipe.

hippypants
04-04-2013, 12:56 AM
Glad Cochran won immunity, and they finally did the big merge. I didn't care too much for the woman they kicked off either. She could have held on longer if she'd just laid back and not said much. I think there will be some bind sides from here on out, this merge ups the ante.

Magic Mountain
04-04-2013, 08:39 AM
Man that Corine was stupid. If she just would have just gone along with Phillip regarding splitting the vote between eddie and the other guy (Can't remember his name while typing this), they would have probably won the power struggle since they had 5 votes for sure, and the other votes would have been diluted by splitting the vote.

ForeverAutumn
04-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Man that Corine was stupid. If she just would have just gone along with Phillip regarding splitting the vote between eddie and the other guy (Can't remember his name while typing this), they would have probably won the power struggle since they had 5 votes for sure, and the other votes would have been diluted by splitting the vote.

That's exactly what I said! She's a dolt. I hope that Phillip goes next next. He's an ass.

I loved seeing Cochran win immunity. Good on him. And good for Dawn for spilling the beans on Corinne. I like Dawn and it's nice to see her causing trouble and playing the game. She was pretty wishy-washy her first time playing.

Klonk
04-04-2013, 09:55 AM
I wanted Corinne to stay. She's got a great ass.

Gruno
04-04-2013, 11:06 AM
Is Brenda even playing in this game? I saw her hobbling around, but did she even have any camera time/speaking on last night's show?

NeonKnight
04-04-2013, 01:14 PM
That was actually a pretty good episode in what has been a pretty dull season. Finally some gamesmanship.

Corrine tried to make a move which was good to see, but it backfired when she told Dawn who went straight to Phillip. Dawn said she did not to make the same mistake that she made her first game, and this time her move worked out. Nice blindside! However, I also think she might have been better off with the plan to pick off all the Fans first, but we'll see.

Phillip actually does appears to be running things, despite all his issues. He wanted Corrine gone, he got her gone.

hippypants
04-04-2013, 01:33 PM
Is Brenda even playing in this game?

I kind of feel the same way about Sheri, she seemed to have given up at the tribe meeting, but was relieved it wasn't her getting kicked off. Man, I couldn't have eaten one of those big grubs.

Gruno
04-04-2013, 01:34 PM
That was actually a pretty good episode in what has been a pretty dull season. Finally some gamesmanship.

Actually, I have been happy with the season thus far. There have been some snooze moments, but I think this has been better than the last few already.

ForeverAutumn
04-04-2013, 02:30 PM
Phillip actually does appears to be running things, despite all his issues. He wanted Corrine gone, he got her gone.

I don't attribute Phillip with Corinne being voted out last night. I attribute Corinne being too quick and too vocal about jumping alliances. She made some fatal mistakes and voting her out was the only choice that the favourites had. I don't think Phillip is running anything. Now that it's an individual game, I expect him to be out in a few weeks. Get rid of a few pesky fans to confirm your numbers and then bye, bye Terminator or whatever the fuck he calls himself. I do believe, however, that some new lines were drawn in the sand last night. The Favourites who were with Corinne are going to have to do some scrambling.

NeonKnight
04-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Actually, I have been happy with the season thus far. There have been some snooze moments, but I think this has been better than the last few already.

You're right, and I probably could do a better job of explaining what I meant. The challenges have all been pretty damn good, but since the Faves have been dominating them, the Fan votes have all been so predictable and boring.

Seems like all the attention this season is on trainwrecks like Brandon while there has been very little interesting happening within the game strategy. Now that the merge has happened, all that should change as the game really starts. I hope some of the Fans stick around just long enough to keep the blindside kettle boiling.

For the same reasons I want Phillip sticking around just for the sheer shock value. :lol

NeonKnight
04-04-2013, 03:13 PM
I don't attribute Phillip with Corinne being voted out last night. I attribute Corinne being too quick and too vocal about jumping alliances. She made some fatal mistakes and voting her out was the only choice that the favourites had. I don't think Phillip is running anything.

I think you just don't want to give the devil his due. :p

Corrine's mistake was telling Dawn she wanted Phillip gone next. They could have very easily decided to pick off the Fans one by one, but instead they took out Corinne, like Phillip wanted. Now she's gone, which is exactly what Phillip has been playing for the last few episodes.

That would not have happened without Phillip. He sure was running things last night. He won't be for much longer though, on that we can agree.

Magic Mountain
04-04-2013, 03:49 PM
Corrine's mistake was telling Dawn she wanted Phillip gone next.

That was certainly a mistake. However, her first mistake was not going along with Phillip's idea of a split vote between eddie and reynold. She already had malcolm, herself, eddie, gay guy (michael?), and reynold (that is 5 votes), possibly a 6th with Erik (although I think Malcolm would have had to approach him). Of the seven left only I think only one was a fan (Sherri), so the remaining six would have split their vote (the others pretending to go along) and the alliance of 5 (possibly 6 with Erik) would have had the upper hand.

I don't know what her deal is that she didn't want reynold and eddie to get the wrong idea if they got votes. It called communication.

ForeverAutumn
04-04-2013, 10:56 PM
gay guy (michael?)

Speaking of which, did anyone else find Corrine's constant reference about "loving the gays" and wanting to "save the gay" offensive? I have many gay friends. I love them because they are good people, not because they are gay.

Magic Mountain
04-05-2013, 09:00 AM
Speaking of which, did anyone else find Corrine's constant reference about "loving the gays" and wanting to "save the gay" offensive? I have many gay friends. I love them because they are good people, not because they are gay.

I didn't find it offensive, but I'm not gay. I personally think that she was hamming it up for the camera. She did it in front of Michael and he certainly didn't seem offended by it. It's all context, and we don't get that because there is severe editing.

And of course, you like people for who they are, not because they have a different sexual orientation to you, otherwise, would be childish.

ForeverAutumn
04-05-2013, 09:11 AM
I didn't find it offensive, but I'm not gay. I personally think that she was hamming it up for the camera. She did it in front of Michael and he certainly didn't seem offended by it. It's all context, and we don't get that because there is severe editing.

And of course, you like people for who they are, not because they have a different sexual orientation to you, otherwise, would be childish.

I agree with you, and I'm sure it was all meant with good intent. She just kept saying it over and over in different conversations and context to the point where I thought, "okay, we get it". But of course, as you point out, it's all in the editing.

NeonKnight
04-11-2013, 09:46 AM
Now that was an episode! There was so much going on last night. Then Malcolm at tribal. Wow! Dawn is really turning into quite the backstabber, kind of an amazing transformation, but I think she is playing with fire.

Malcolm is finished for sure, who will trust him now? Ballsy move there at tribal, but he was gone anyway once his idol is flushed, so his only chance is to win all the challenges. Reynold and Eddie are gone also. My early betting line for the winner this year is for Cochran, believe it or not. He is by far the smartest cookie out there, and he is even winning some challenges. Andrea is playing very well, but she might want to wind it back a bit. Maybe too late for her to do that.

Really one of the better episodes in the last few years, and it looks like the season is only getting better.

wideopenears
04-11-2013, 12:26 PM
That was a pretty great episode, I agree....I liked how they set it up as a 23rd hour scuffle, with Andrea and a bunch of uncertainty just prior to the march to tribal.....Malcolm's cooked, I think.

NeonKnight
04-11-2013, 04:42 PM
Forgot to mention my favorite former Dolphin cheerleader Brenda. Very impressive win at one of the best Survivor challenges ever dreamed up. Unfortunately, the only part of Brenda visible at the challenge was her leg and left nostril, but beyond that, she has to win the award for all time most camera-friendly silent-floater player ever.

wideopenears
04-11-2013, 06:18 PM
I did note the knee brace, and wondered about it...

At least we know she's not a mouthbreather, eh?:p

hippypants
04-12-2013, 04:30 PM
Well, I thought the blind side came as a surprise to me, and evidently Malcolm, as well. I'm not sure how that will play out, but it should be interesting next week if he can steer clear of Stealth R Us. There are enough guys to create a power block, if he can get them on his side. It's hard to see who is in the lead currently. I think everything is still up in the air. From the previews it looks like Dawn is having a meltdown.

ForeverAutumn
04-15-2013, 11:00 PM
We just finished watching it. I also commented that Malcolm is now toast, but my husband disagrees...and once he explained I have to agree with him.

Malcome was told (as far as we know) that that they were splitting the vote between Reynold and Eddie. He voted for Reynold and then got Reynold to turn his idol over. He can tell his alliance that he played Reynold...got him to hand over his idol so that they could vote him out. But the alliance screwed up the plan by voting for Michael. It may or may not work, but either way it's a very interesting spin.

I'm surprised that Reynold handed over the idol so easily, making me wonder if it was really Malcolm's idol in the first place.

I'm looking forward to next week just to hear the spins on this week's TC.

ForeverAutumn
04-16-2013, 09:40 AM
After having a bit more time to think about it, here's what I think Malcolm and Reynold were planning last night...

- Malcolm orchestrated having Reynold show his idol to Dawn. So everyone knows that Reynold has an idol.
- Malcolm gave his own idol to Reynold with the plan that he would claim that he was being voted for (which he probably thought he was) so that Reynold is actually giving Malcolm his own idol back.
- Nobody knows that Malcome has an idol so everyone now assumes that Reynold's idol has been flushed out.
- All the votes against Malcolm wouldn't count and Andrea would have been voted out.
- The new alliance of Malcolm, Reynold, Eddie, and Michael might carry some weight as they believe that without Andrea the favourites alliance will fall apart.

However...

- What Malcolm wasn't expecting was that Michael was voted out, thus wasting an idol and reducing the strength of the new alliance.

But...

- Malcolm and Reynold still covered their asses. Malcolm can claim that he thought that they were splitting the vote and flushing out the idol so he voted for Reynold as was the plan (men vote for Reynold, women were supposed to vote for Eddie). Thus, trying to regain trust with the Favourites alliance.
- Now that the tribe thinks that Reynold has used his idol, they will probably vote for him at the next TC.
- Reynold can play his own idol at TC.
- Andrea gets the boot next week.

:D

NeonKnight
04-16-2013, 10:12 AM
It's a great theory which displays very impressive detective skills.

Only one thing shoots it down.

No way would the producers be able to get away with neglecting to show the part where Malcolm gives his idol to Reynold. Cluing the viewers in to moves like that are what the show's all about, so how would they explain all that happening behind the scenes the next week without any clips?

ForeverAutumn
04-16-2013, 11:03 AM
It's a great theory which displays very impressive detective skills.

Only one thing shoots it down.

No way would the producers be able to get away with neglecting to show the part where Malcolm gives his idol to Reynold. Cluing the viewers in to moves like that are what the show's all about, so how would they explain all that happening behind the scenes the next week without any clips?

I don`t know. Think of the great drama it created to have Reynold hand his idol over to Malcolm. That would not have been nearly as exciting to watch if we knew it was happening in advance.

It can be explained next week with a diary interview.

Magic Mountain
04-16-2013, 10:33 PM
I think it was a brilliant move on Malcolm's part to ask Reynold for the idol. He is the only player in Survivor history who hasn't blabbed to anyone (well he did tell Corine) that he has the idol. There will still be great drama if and when he does play the idol. He still has a chance to make a huge impact to the direction of the game.

ForeverAutumn
04-17-2013, 12:58 PM
I am totally looking forward to tonight's episode with an anticipation that I haven't felt about this show in a long time! I saw a commercial where Cochran says something along the lines of "This is the BEST Tribal Council EVER". That's exciting!

ForeverAutumn
04-17-2013, 12:59 PM
I think it was a brilliant move on Malcolm's part to ask Reynold for the idol. He is the only player in Survivor history who hasn't blabbed to anyone (well he did tell Corine) that he has the idol. There will still be great drama if and when he does play the idol. He still has a chance to make a huge impact to the direction of the game.

Did he blad to Corinne? I thought that she was there when he found it so he didn't really have a choice.

Magic Mountain
04-17-2013, 03:58 PM
Yes she was there otherwise he wouldn't have told anybody, which is a Survivor first and I believe a very smart move.

ForeverAutumn
04-17-2013, 06:14 PM
Yes she was there otherwise he wouldn't have told anybody, which is a Survivor first and I believe a very smart move.

When Jeff Probst used to blog after the shows, he always commented about how stupid people were to share the news that they found an idol. People should read Jeff's blogs to learn about game play. He has read books and studies about various game play strategies and had some good tips.

ForeverAutumn
04-17-2013, 08:56 PM
Okay, so that was even better than my proposed scenario from last week. BYE BYE PHILLIP! Please let the door hit you on the way out. :D

Gladiator1634
04-18-2013, 12:14 AM
Malcolm certainly got it right this week. They may have been the best 5 minutes of survivor ever for me....wow!

NeonKnight
04-18-2013, 08:15 AM
Yes a fantastic tribal! It was so awesome how Malcolm and Eddie acted right after Jeff asked for the HI's, Eddie gave a head fake like he not going to play it! HA. (see, it's always better when they show the part where the HI is given to another player. ) ;)

The HI's are right back in the game, so I would not be surprised if the 3 Amigos find 1 or both right away.

Andrea is on the bottom, total flip candidate. Could be a whole new world for the 3 Amigo's, since they can keep winning challenges. I would be targeting Brenda and Cochran if I were them, they are the 2 biggest threats to win out there now.

wideopenears
04-18-2013, 11:42 AM
Great Tribal...best one I've seen, I think. A group blind-side......

ForeverAutumn
04-18-2013, 11:55 AM
I thought that it was interesting how, even knowing the 3 were voting for Phillip, nobody on the favourites voted for him. I guess they just figured he'd go no matter who they voted for so why start rocking the boat now. I wonder if Andrea was able to see that others were throwing her name around. I love Malcolm. He deserves to win just based on his moves at the last two tribals. He could have quietly floated along with the Favourites, but he chose to play his own game, make his own moves, and he's playing it well.

Klonk
04-18-2013, 12:10 PM
Yeah, you have to be impressed with Malcom's game. That was one of the coolest tribals I can remember. :up

Magic Mountain
04-18-2013, 12:16 PM
Well Erik voted for Phillip. Also, they wanted to make sure that the idols were played, which was smart.

hippypants
04-18-2013, 11:14 PM
I wonder who will fill the leader role now that Phillip is gone? Could it be Cochran? or split between him and Dawn? At any rate it looked like Sherry might flip over to the male tribe with Malcolm. Andrea, who knows, she seems a bit clueless. But yeah, that was one of the best tribal meetings in some time.

Duncan Glenday
04-19-2013, 02:44 AM
I just got home from a business trip and watched it on DVD.

I was laughing my head off!

Well Erik voted for Phillip. Also, they wanted to make sure that the idols were played, which was smart.

I think he did that to align himself with the guys. If so - it's now 4 against 5.

And BTW - guess who's going to find the idols this week? My guess - the same 2 guys who've had idols from the get-go. That would be a hoot!

ForeverAutumn
04-25-2013, 10:24 PM
Last night made me sad. :(

Hobo Chang Ba
04-26-2013, 05:21 PM
^ Indeed!

He played it bad with the idol clue though. A) with not making sure everyone was asleep and B) No sense standing around with Andrea for hours doing nothing. Was rooting for him nevertheless.

Hobo Chang Ba
05-01-2013, 09:23 PM
:up for this week.

ForeverAutumn
05-01-2013, 11:14 PM
:up for this week.

I agree. I think that Andrea is generally a strong player, but she's too quick to flip sides and go against her alliance. Tonight is not the first time she's tried to get a member of her own alliance out. I loved her reaction though. I thought she'd be mad, but she seemed to appreciate that the joke was on her.

I'm kind of sorry to see Reynold go. I liked him. He fought hard the whole game.

SteveSly
05-02-2013, 12:42 AM
I agree. I think that Andrea is generally a strong player, but she's too quick to flip sides and go against her alliance. Tonight is not the first time she's tried to get a member of her own alliance out. I loved her reaction though. I thought she'd be mad, but she seemed to appreciate that the joke was on her.

I'm kind of sorry to see Reynold go. I liked him. He fought hard the whole game.

Agree, she was her own worst enemy. They should have just stuck to the alience and then slugged it out at the end.

Steve Sly

paythesnuka
05-02-2013, 02:29 PM
Reynold must have been pissed when Eddie got off the platform to eat the donuts. The only chance either of them had was winning the immunity challenge and then using the clue to find the hidden idol. Too bad the guy who's as dumb as a donut is still in the game.

ForeverAutumn
05-02-2013, 02:45 PM
Reynold must have been pissed when Eddie got off the platform to eat the donuts. The only chance either of them had was winning the immunity challenge and then using the clue to find the hidden idol. Too bad the guy who's as dumb as a donut is still in the game.

I suspect that the Reynold/Eddie aliance ended when Malcolm was voted out. They no longer had the numbers or influence to move forward. In the first TC last night, they didn't even vote the same way. More likely, Reynold was happy when both Eric and Eddie jumped down...Two fewer people to compete against. Eddie's only hope was to convince Andrea to keep him around, but now that's gone too. I expect Eddie to be the next member of the jury.

ForeverAutumn
05-08-2013, 10:29 AM
I just found out the season finale is on Sunday night! Why would they do it on Mother's Day?

Depending on how hockey playoffs go, it could be Tuesday or Wednesday until I can watch it. (Or live on Sunday if the Leafs get swept the next two games).

Hobo Chang Ba
05-08-2013, 11:05 PM
Ah true! That is an odd choice.

ForeverAutumn
05-08-2013, 11:46 PM
I TOLD Brenda not to give up her reward. I yelled it at the TV! She should have listened to me.

JourneyAnderson
05-09-2013, 01:06 AM
One of the best seasons of Survivr plus Caramoan in Philippines is such a beautiful place.

wideopenears
05-09-2013, 11:28 AM
I really found myself rooting for Brenda, even before she won the reward....it was like a Greek Tragedy, watching last night's fall from grace.....

NeonKnight
05-09-2013, 12:16 PM
Yeah, I was really saddened by Brenda and her bikini's demise last night. ;)

Curious that a two time player would actually think that being honest would get her to the finals in this game?

(I wonder if Andrea would agree that Brenda was such an honest player?)

Who will be smart enough to take Eric and Sherri to the final for the win? Cochran of course, but only if he can avoid getting taken out in one of the final TC's...

ForeverAutumn
05-09-2013, 12:34 PM
Who will be smart enough to take Eric and Sherri to the final for the win?

My husband and I were discussing this last night... if we were playing, who would we take to the final TC. We both agreed that we would want Sherri there, although it would kill us both to have her potentially 2nd place. And then we wavered between Eric and Dawn. He thought Eric would be a good pick, but I thought that the three Amigos might possibly vote for him to win as he was kind of on the fringe of their alliance and voted with them for Phillip's demise. Dawn might be a better choice. She's too wishy-washy and really hasn't done much strategically to further her game aside from being a tattle-tale. I don't think that she'd get votes to win.

hippypants
05-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Tough break for Brenda. I couldn't believe that she would give up the reward that way either. Her father should have said, hey, you earned it, let's go eat, and helped her out with that decision. Then if she lost in the end, at least she would have been fed, plus you want to wear the other survivors down, and Eric was already hungry. Plus she should have tried more to defeat Dawn--trust no one. She did play a humble game, but too humble, not the best moves. Yes, it's only a game, but one that pays out a million bucks.

I don't think Dawn has a chance of winning another idol, Eddie and Eric maybe can win the idol, and maybe...Cochran. If I were Eddie or Eric, I'd team up together and take on Sherri to oust Dawn/Cochran. Oddly now, I'm sort of pulling for Eddie being such an underdog. Some of the strategy this season has been a bit odd, I don't understand what they are thinking at times.

Klonk
05-09-2013, 07:36 PM
Yeah there's the human part of me that felt terrible for Brenda, but that was a good strategic move. As far as who I want to win? Hmmm...I'm on team Cochran.

ForeverAutumn
05-09-2013, 09:41 PM
I'm on team Cochran.

Me too. But I've been on team Cochran since the very first day when he asked Jeff to call him by his last name, like he does with past players that he respects. :D

Gladiator1634
05-09-2013, 10:31 PM
I TOLD Brenda not to give up her reward. I yelled it at the TV! She should have listened to me.

I was having the same reaction.

Tough break for Brenda. I couldn't believe that she would give up the reward that way either. Her father should have said, hey, you earned it, let's go eat, and helped her out with that decision. Then if she lost in the end, at least she would have been fed, plus you want to wear the other survivors down, and Eric was already hungry. Plus she should have tried more to defeat Dawn--trust no one. She did play a humble game, but too humble, not the best moves. Yes, it's only a game, but one that pays out a million bucks.

Giving up a feast with loved ones for yourself and awarding it to the others was definitely a big mistake on many levels. what a huge boost to the ones that benefitted. They renergized themseves with food and family and then thanked her by voting her off. I guess the fact that Brenda fished Dawns teeth out of the water for her when she was esterically crying and stating that she couldn't continue without them didn't mean all that much. But then again your in it to win the million not to do what's right. Out of the remaining contestants Cochran and Dawn are the only two that have made a few strategic moves and I'm not a big fan of Dawn so I guess I'll go with Cochran after all he surprisenly has played a pretty good game.

Paulie
05-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Oh well, not too smart of a move on Brenda's part, so I don't really feel too bad for her. I do feel bad for me tho, as dammit, there goes the last of the eye-candy!

That Dawn's gotta go man. Her blubbering and crying makes me fast forward and I miss stuff.

Duncan Glenday
05-10-2013, 12:29 PM
...Dawn ... Her blubbering and crying makes me fast forward...

Real PITA - I wish she'd just quit, as she's threatened to do a few times.

Magic Mountain
05-10-2013, 01:44 PM
another vote for "Dawn has to go"

wideopenears
05-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Agree. Cochran should win this thing....and Dawn should say Bye Bye.

ForeverAutumn
05-10-2013, 02:25 PM
Cochran should take Dawn and Sherri to the finals. He would lock in the win.

Gruno
05-11-2013, 11:01 AM
another vote for "Dawn has to go"

TESTIFY!!

My sister likes Dawn. I have since vowed to not talk to my sister.

Hobo Chang Ba
05-12-2013, 11:18 PM
:up

Exactly as it should have been.

Though it did pain me to see Erik leave prematurely.

SteveSly
05-13-2013, 12:03 AM
I honestly think this was one of the best seasons ever. Cochrane deserved to win, and I was happy for him. I would have liked to have seen Brenda win the best player award, but all the little girls voted for Malcolm. Kind of cool to see Rudy on the re-union show, for his age the guy looks great. Anyone have any guesses as to the clues shown for next season? With the blood in the water my guess was that it might be bringing back players who were injured for another shot. Just a guess……

Steve Sly

paythesnuka
05-13-2013, 09:10 AM
Glad on the outcome for both the winner and the fan favorite. I liked the way they only talked to the jury (I think this is the first time they've done that). I wonder if the Hantz situation had something to do with that. Still, I was sad that Erik and Michael didn't have a chance to say anything (and I don't think Sherri said much after the winner was revealed either). I would have rather the time be taken with the current season's cast rather than wasting time with Boston Rob and Rudy (and the little girl).

My guess with Blood in the Water is that relatives of former contestants will be in the cast next season.

ForeverAutumn
05-13-2013, 09:22 AM
Great ending. I freakin' LOVED that Cochran won the final immunity challenge. What a dark horse and a dream come true for him. It would be interesting to rewatch the early episodes of his first season compared to the later episodes of this season to see the changes in his personality and self-esteem. He couldn't even take his shirt off in public during that first season and here he is winning the final immunity challenge. I would love to know how he prepared differently for this season. He seemed to be in better shape both physically and mentally. I also loved Jeff's comment about how Cochran earned being referred to by his last name...referring back to Cochran's very first appearance on the show.

Sherri was totally clueless about her place in the game. I love that the jury laughed at her when she said that she was still there because she played a strategic game. I thought the laughter was a little mean, but well deserved. And I have to say that she looked stunning at the live show. It's amazing what a hair cut and and little make-up can do for a person.

It was sad to see Erik leave the show like that. Man you go through 36 days of Survivor and then get pulled because your body just can't take anymore. That sucks!

Other than announcing the winner, I haven't watched the live show yet. We had to watch the hockey game first and didn't start Survivor until after 11:00 last night. I'm exhausted today! But I needed to see who won. I didn't want to accidently hear about it today before I could watch how it all played out.

I think the family member idea for the next Survivor would be really cool...just as long as there are no Hantzes involved.

NeonKnight
05-13-2013, 10:36 AM
Well deserved victory for Cochran. He may have won anyway, but winning the reward challenge really came in handy for that final immunity. I am not sure he would have won that final puzzle without the advantage, and if he did not have immunity, I am sure the rest likely would have realized they had to take Cochran out if they wanted a chance with the jury.

Truly amazing to see Sherri was so clueless that she had no fans on the jury. I thought it was foul for her to shut Eric down like that, after he had just suffered a medical evac that in reality insured that Sherri herself got to the final 3. Eric could have plowed ahead anyway, I am sure he had questions for Dawn and Cochran, but he meekly scurried off, probably still woozy. But the audience got cheated out of those responses because Sherri could not take getting exposed.

But even fouler than that was my honey Brenda! :O

Yeah, that was tough getting stabbed by Dawn, but really? Making her pull her retainer out? How 3rd grade can you get Brenda? Damn, she really played a great game, and Cochran really gave her a good answer when he told her she got taken out because she was a huge threat to win. She had completely rehabbed her personality from the first time she played, when she pretty much was a scheming conniving and extremely attractive bitch, to this time around when she was sweet vixen with a heart of gold, and now she is back to being just a (extremely attractive) bitch.:bad

I think the Blood/Water thing is fairly easy to predict:

Blood=Family Water=Tribe

Contestants will be pairs, siblings, mother/daughter, father/son etc.etc and naturally will be split into different tribes from the start. Probably some more returning favorites, but frankly I prefer all new players. I think the producers have realized the family reunion shows are great heart-string manipulators, so this way they can be tugging away on the heartstrings all season long! Should be a very interesting season, especially after the merge and a nice followup to this one, which was really one of the better seasons I've seen. (Less than half.)

SteveSly
05-13-2013, 11:22 AM
Glad on the outcome for both the winner and the fan favorite. I liked the way they only talked to the jury (I think this is the first time they've done that). I wonder if the Hantz situation had something to do with that. Still, I was sad that Erik and Michael didn't have a chance to say anything (and I don't think Sherri said much after the winner was revealed either). I would have rather the time be taken with the current season's cast rather than wasting time with Boston Rob and Rudy (and the little girl).

My guess with Blood in the Water is that relatives of former contestants will be in the cast next season.

You know....I had not even noticed the all jury thing until you pointed it out. That is really different and you may be right regarding the Hanz situation. Regarding next year, yea having family does make sense with the clues. I didn't catch that either.

Steve Sly

Gladiator1634
05-13-2013, 01:51 PM
I honestly think this was one of the best seasons ever. Cochrane deserved to win, and I was happy for him. I would have liked to have seen Brenda win the best player award, but all the little girls voted for Malcolm.

Steve Sly

I felt the same way and was glad Cochrane won and wished Brenda had gotten best player but Malcom really did deserve it.

Glad on the outcome for both the winner and the fan favorite. I liked the way they only talked to the jury (I think this is the first time they've done that). I wonder if the Hantz situation had something to do with that.

Good point on the fact that only the jury and final three where up on the stage my wife and I noticed that right away but couldn't think of why they did it different. And there was no sign of Brandon.

Definitely feel that the blood in the water has something to do with family next season. Looking forward to it though if Dawn would have won I might not have been as up beat about watching next season but this one ended right.

wideopenears
05-13-2013, 01:56 PM
Well deserved victory for Cochran. He may have won anyway, but winning the reward challenge really came in handy for that final immunity. I am not sure he would have won that final puzzle without the advantage, and if he did not have immunity, I am sure the rest likely would have realized they had to take Cochran out if they wanted a chance with the jury.

Truly amazing to see Sherri was so clueless that she had no fans on the jury. I thought it was foul for her to shut Eric down like that, after he had just suffered a medical evac that in reality insured that Sherri herself got to the final 3. Eric could have plowed ahead anyway, I am sure he had questions for Dawn and Cochran, but he meekly scurried off, probably still woozy. But the audience got cheated out of those responses because Sherri could not take getting exposed.

But even fouler than that was my honey Brenda! :O

Yeah, that was tough getting stabbed by Dawn, but really? Making her pull her retainer out? How 3rd grade can you get Brenda? Damn, she really played a great game, and Cochran really gave her a good answer when he told her she got taken out because she was a huge threat to win. She had completely rehabbed her personality from the first time she played, when she pretty much was a scheming conniving and extremely attractive bitch, to this time around when she was sweet vixen with a heart of gold, and now she is back to being just a (extremely attractive) bitch.:bad

I think the Blood/Water thing is fairly easy to predict:

Blood=Family Water=Tribe

Contestants will be pairs, siblings, mother/daughter, father/son etc.etc and naturally will be split into different tribes from the start. Probably some more returning favorites, but frankly I prefer all new players. I think the producers have realized the family reunion shows are great heart-string manipulators, so this way they can be tugging away on the heartstrings all season long! Should be a very interesting season, especially after the merge and a nice followup to this one, which was really one of the better seasons I've seen. (Less than half.)

You and I are on EXACTLY the same page. Regarding Brenda, and the whole "Blood is thicker than water" Family/Tribe dichotomy...I said the same things last night. Disappointed with Brenda's "tooth charade." It was childish and served no purpose other than vindictiveness.

I predict TWO Hantzes in the next season.......

Klonk
05-13-2013, 07:15 PM
Good for Cochran. Well deserved.

Tough luck Dawn...

http://stickysoundsdotnet.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/nightbreed209.jpg

Klonk
05-13-2013, 07:16 PM
I know, I know...I'm awful.

Gruno
05-14-2013, 01:20 PM
I am happy Cochrane was the sole Survivor this season!

Brenda -- I don't care if she has any bit of cuteness (not my choice, actually) but she pretty much secured herself as the jerk she showed herself to be in her original season. What she did to Dawn was ridiculous. Dawn should have told her to go f*ck herself!

Eric -- wow, what a wuss, huh? Sherri tells him to sit and he does it. Hah! Van Driessen loses again!

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad308/goblynzgroove/misc/vandriesen_zps17fc05de.jpg

The reunion show was the 2nd worse one next to the Rosie O'Donnell-hosted reunion show. Yes, they robbed the non-jury contestants from being shown with the rest of the cast. No questions to them at all? I agree with others who say to ace out all the previous Survivor crap... like Boston Rob!

Boston Rob, the guy writes a book on strategy and let's see... he's been on Survivor and The Amazing Race a total of 6 times and has won... ONCE. Yes, he came in 2nd, but I wouldn't look for him for any strategy.

Survivor: Marquesas (10th Place)
Survivor: All-Stars (Runner-up)
Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains (13th Place)
Survivor: Redemption Island (Winner)
The Amazing Race 7 (2nd Place)
The Amazing Race 11 (8th Place)

The new Survivor season of "Blood & Water" -- might it be people who have long-lost relatives who they do not know of?

paythesnuka
05-14-2013, 02:07 PM
The book is a joke. It can be found here:

http://www.bostonrobmariano.com/rulebook/

Looks like it is being sold on a "create your own book" website, so even Amazon hasn't touched it yet (though I bet it will after the exposure it got on CBS). Looking at the credits, it looks like the book was designed and edited by relatives of his wife Amber.

Check out the sample chapter for a laugh.

paythesnuka
05-14-2013, 05:18 PM
Here's a great interview with Erik from the Entertainment Weekly web site.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/13/survivor-caramoan-erik-reunion/?ew_packageID=20354695

What I find especially interesting is what really happened when he asked the finalists questions:

EW: You had some pretty harsh words for both Dawn and Sherri at the final Tribal Council. Now that you’ve had the distance of almost a full year since then, have your feelings towards them changed at all?
ERIK: Dawn couldn’t win because of what she did. It was a good strategic move, but she was really good friends with Brenda and Brenda took care of her and I took care of her for a while as well. And Dawn took care of me and Brenda as well. We all kind of covered for each other. And that was a very personal thing I said, that she didn’t deserve money for what she did to Brenda. I was pretty upset over that then. I forgive her now but she made her choice so I just said, “You’re not going to win because you did this.” Dawn’s great though and I have no problem with Dawn now. As for Sherri, Sherri kind of went both ways for me, and at Tribal Council I got horribly edited where Sherri told me to sit down at the end. I actually didn’t sit down. I said I have to talk to Cochran as well.

EW: What was your question for Cochran?
ERIK: My question to Cochran was basically, “You smell horrible! Are you going to take a bath?” It was kind of a fluff question but I still had a question for Cochran so when Sherri told me to sit down I did not sit down. But I wanted Sherri to know that nobody thought she did anything strategic. The shell on the beach comment was a pretty harsh comment, but she needed to know that she didn’t really do anything. She hung on to Phillip as long as she could and then just kind of went from player to player. I wanted her to know that her strategy was not what she thought it was.

I think Erik should sue Mark Burnett for defamation of character for making him look like a wuss when the edit made it look like he squirmed away with his tail between his legs when Sherri told him to sit down.

Hobo Chang Ba
05-15-2013, 01:44 AM
^ I honestly assumed he asked the question to Cochrane already (which they didn't show for time reasons) and Sherri was last thus he sat down afterwards. But yes...it did look quite bad, and I'm sure some people took it as he was a wimp. Guess he should have asked Cochrane a better question. :p

Gruno
05-15-2013, 05:24 PM
When the new season gets closer, I will start a new thread unless someone ventures forward first. For now, here is this tidbit I located. Right or wrong, it is interesting.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_blood_vs_water/2013_May_13_cast

Survivor has cast a former Big Brother winner who will appear on Survivor Blood vs. Water, the new season that features returning cast members playing with loved ones. While Amazing Race and Big Brother have long shared cast members, including with Survivor, it has not yet drawn a cast member from CBS’ other shows.

Hayden Moss, who won season 12, is dating Kat Edorsson, who appeared on Survivor One World. Another notable pairing: Monica Culpepper partner will compete with her husband, Brad Culpepper, a former NFL player.

The returning cast members I’ve been able to confirm, via someone with knowledge of the cast, are as follows, though it’s possible one or more of these are either alternates (or decoys?) The cast is sequestered in L.A. and are leaving for the Philippines soon, and include the following returnees paired with someone they know:

Tyson Apostol, Tocantins, Heroes vs. Villains
Aras Baskauskas, Panama
Rupert Boneham, Pearl Islands, All-Stars, Heroes vs. Villains
Monica Culpepper, One World
Colton Cumbie, One World
Kat Edorsson, One World
Laura Morett, Samoa
Gervase Peterson, Borneo
RC Saint-Amour, Philippines
Tina Wesson, Australia, All-Stars

While there are some bright spots—the return of Gervase is especially interesting—this cast seems like a phenomenal joke: Two winners, three if you count Hayden? One person, Rupert, playing for a fourth time—fourth! Three of the cast from Survivor One World, which Jeff Probst called “a letdown”?

Hopefully the twist can save it: I am intrigued about how Amazing Race-izing the show will affect the game, but this all seems so desperate.

ForeverAutumn
05-15-2013, 06:36 PM
I hope that's not true. I don't want to see returning players...especially right on the heels of a show with so-called favourites. There are enough people that want to play Survivor that surely they can come up with 16 - 20 interesting people who have never played before.

NeonKnight
05-15-2013, 07:45 PM
I hope that's not true. I don't want to see returning players...especially right on the heels of a show with so-called favourites. There are enough people that want to play Survivor that surely they can come up with 16 - 20 interesting people who have never played before.

Second that emotion. If that is truly the cast, as the quoted article points out, it reeks of desperation. Rupert? For the 4th time?
Colton? Not that whiny bitch!:down One World really did suck.

They ask for video applications from new players at every finale, yet it seems that all they want to do these days is rewind retreads.

Hobo Chang Ba
05-17-2013, 01:34 AM
That would a horrible cast on top of a idea that I don't like (at least at this point). If that is true then damn...all the momentum this show has gained from this past season will be worthless IMO.

Hopefully it is a decoys list.