PDA

View Full Version : The Rebel Wheel live in Ottawa Jan 5th

fictionmusic
01-04-2013, 04:25 AM
My band The Rebel Wheel is doing their annual gig at The Atomic Rooster in Ottawa Saturday night. Originally Guy LeBlanc was on keys, but he's feeling under the weather so we are doing it as a three piece BUT we have some special guests coming to provide vocals, keys and gtrs so the lineup will change as the night progresses. It's all a part of the Grasshawk Community Showcase which is a monthly event at the venue. We'll be on at 11:30 after another local band, Farewell Davidson.

Check out details
http://www.therebelwheel.com/newgigs.html

.and our new site:

http://www.therebelwheel.com

01-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Have a great gig! I'm always hoping it will be Ottawa, Kansas you are speaking of, but alas, I should know better by now. ;)

Jefferson James
01-04-2013, 11:45 AM
Kick some @ss David!

Jon
01-06-2013, 08:24 AM
I hope the show went well and that everyone had a good time.
I loved the performance at ProgDay and enjoy the two Rebel Wheel CDs I have.
I've been looking for a used copy of the first CD without luck, so was happy to see you've made a download available.
Best of luck finishing the new CD; it will be an auto-buy for me.

fictionmusic
01-06-2013, 08:22 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies. The gig went well although our guest vocalist couldn't make it so I sang afew more tunes then I had intended. It turns out I have some weird growths in my jaw that keep burning my throat out so my normally raspy singing is getting even raspier. I may have to start learning some Leonard Cohen tunes or (shudder) Tom Waits. The band was firing on all cylinders and the core 3 piece of drums bass and guitar have become a very integrated unit. Our guest keyboard player, Scottie Irving is a great addition to the band and we hope to have stalwart member Guy LeBlanc out soon. Our ensemble has up to 8 members in all and I hope one day we'll be able to bring them all together on stage soon.

I hope the show went well and that everyone had a good time.
I loved the performance at ProgDay and enjoy the two Rebel Wheel CDs I have.
I've been looking for a used copy of the first CD without luck, so was happy to see you've made a download available.
Best of luck finishing the new CD; it will be an auto-buy for me.

Thanks a lot! I was just looking at the Progday footage a week or so ago (something I seldom do because it never seems to be either as good or as bad as I remember) and I was pleasantly surprised. It was a great place to play and the sound guys were hands down, the easiest and best I had ever worked with (and in 35 years of constant gigging that is actually saying a lot). It was our debut gig of the new line-up and all in all we acquitted ourselves quite well.