PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to start a prog band?

Davgo
08-22-2015, 06:13 AM
I'm hoping to start a serious full time prog rock band in about a year. Anyone interested in potentially getting on board?

No Pride
08-22-2015, 01:34 PM
Full time? Only if I win the lottery and become financially independent.

Anyway, you might want to give us an idea (preferably some samples) of what your music sounds like (if it's original and not covers, that is).

rapidfirerob
08-23-2015, 12:05 AM
Do you have an address, or are you permanently en route? :)

Davgo
08-23-2015, 03:05 AM
I have an address but the idea is that I won't next year, that is after an address somewhere for a few months solid practice. I will throw some money at it and other members are welcome to "invest". Heavy quotation marks. I imagine it will all dry up after less than a year on the road but that's my life dream (living on the road, playing low budget gigs, believe it or not). Depends on booking and lots of other stuff, I guess. I'm not seeking fame or fortune but if everyone wants to make a second album after way too much touring, I think I'd be down. Or if a prominent indie label contacted us, I wouldn't say: "Screw you, it's the music, man."

As for my sound, I've been told my voice is like billy corgan. Sorta max bemis I think. But I can do a Cedric. I like to try to sing like Casey crescenzo. And I play guitar. So as for prog, as well as being a Mars Volta and dear hunter fan, I grew up on yes, king crimson, elp, some pink Floyd and a lot of Zeppelin which I think is still pretty proggy. I dig vocal harmonies. I like when an album is all over the place but still works as a collective whole, preferably seamlessly.

But all of that's not up to me. I'd much rather figure it out as a band. I've never listened to spock's beard but if we sound just like spock's beard I'll probably still be happy.

Davgo
08-23-2015, 03:08 AM
Yeah, and no covers. Or very few

HoldYourFire
10-17-2015, 11:10 AM
Davgo ... are you anywhere near Richmond VA and is there anything of your work on line to which I might listen? MV e-mail bigroad3@gmail.com please