PDA

View Full Version : Runddans!

Rogue Mail
05-04-2015, 01:27 PM
Got this today and just having my first listen, just a few tracks in so far so first impressions...

A collaboration between Todd and Norwegian musicians Emil Nikolaisen and Hans-Peter Lindstrøm. Very trippy, trancy instrumental stuff (with occasional vocals) , kind of harkens back to Todd's mid 70's experimental stuff, a la Initiation.

A few tracks in and I definitely get that Initiation vibe, and being a kind of single epic split into various parts with titles like Liquid Joy From The Womb Of Infinity, it reminds me a little of early Tangerine Dream in that respect.

And it's BIG. By that I mean that it's a wall-of-sound affair...loud, multi-layered, multi-faceted, lots going on.

It's not all synth and drumbeats, you do get Todd's distinctive vocals and guitar work too.

Liking what I hear so far.

Rogue Mail
05-04-2015, 01:53 PM
Well...that took me a bit by surprise...did not check the running time (39 mins), and it ended sooner than I thought.

So I am playing it again and upping the volume a few notches.

What the hell, its a holiday here so neighbours are away...

Polypet
05-05-2015, 03:06 PM
It's a lovely piece of work and very Todd. I've listened many times now since getting it the other day. It's quite beautiful :up :up

The ending alone is worth the price of admission. Like "A Cosmic Treatise" on steriods :lol

And it really is a massive sound, you're right. Very much a headphone experience :)

Highly recommended.

Kim

bob_32_116
05-06-2015, 02:03 AM
What's a runddan?

Jos
05-06-2015, 04:17 PM
What's a runddan?

I think it translates to Round dance.