View Full Version : Esoterics Jan and February releases

Esoteric
12-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Hi guys

heres our releases for first 2 months of 2013

January

The Gods-To Samuel A son
The Gods-Genesis

Lifesigns-s/t (fab new studio album ) hear audio/video 7 minute preview at http://www.progrockmag.com/news/exclusive-lifesigns-offer-debut-album-preview/
John Young, Nick Beggs and Frosty Beedle with guests Steve Hackett, Thys Van Leer and more.

Spriguns- Revel, Weird and Wild
Spriguns-Time Will Pass
Keith Tippett--Dedicated to You but You Weren't Listening
Keith Tippett-You are here, I am There
Barclay James Harvest-Turn of the Tide
Barclay James Harvest-Eyes of the Universe

february

Greg Lake-Songs of a Lifetime -New live album taken from tour -both music and spoken (can be programmed)
Chicken Shack-Goodbye
Chicken Shack-Unlucky Boy
Climax Blues Band-A Lot of Bottle (lots of unreleased bonus)
Climax Blues Band-Plays On (lots of unreleased bonus)
Climax Chicago Blues Band--s/t (lots of unreleased bonus)

These titles start a lot of Climax Blues Band catalogue material .

FM (canadian)--Direct to Disc--please note this will be mid priced as not a full length album
FM-Black Noise
Wigwam-Tombstone Valentine

The January titles are all available to view on the website www.esotericrecordings.com . If you would like to see sales sheets for the feb titles-please email me as they are not yet up on the website.

To all members-- from Mark and myself have a lovely christmas and as always many thanks for the support and suggestions--always appreciated.

Kind Regards

Vicky Powell
Esoteric

polmico
12-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Very good news regarding the Tippett albums. I've been meaning to get them for a long time now.

notallwhowander
12-20-2012, 08:16 PM
Ditto, I have Dedicated..., but have been wanting You Are Here... for years.

Trane
12-21-2012, 02:32 PM
FM (canadian)--Direct to Disc--please note this will be mid priced as not a full length album
FM-Black Noise

This is great news that you guys changed your minds abiout the Direct To Disc reissue... if memory serves you were thinking about splitting it onto two other albums... This is much better a solution... I'll get both

enpdllp
12-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Hi guys

heres our releases for first 2 months of 2013

february

FM-Black Noise

Vicky:

Any idea which of the six takes are you using for the Direct To Disc remaster? Most of the albums released used take A4 and B4, but there are a few albums that have used take B1 and B2.

Thanks in advance,
José

Arnoldsmith
12-23-2012, 08:21 AM
:goodCan't wait for their album; I have a feeling that this is going to be one of those special moments in prog music history....check out the 7 minute promo, its awesome.

zeprogmeister
12-29-2012, 12:13 AM
Is Black Noise a new mastering from tapes or a copy of the previous cd? Thanks

Paulrus
12-29-2012, 04:15 AM
FM...
Vicky, I thought I remembered seeing on the FM web site that Surveillance would also be finally getting a CD release. Any word on that one?

Trane
12-29-2012, 06:50 AM
Vicky, I thought I remembered seeing on the FM web site that Surveillance would also be finally getting a CD release. Any word on that one?

Copy paste from the PE v2.0 thread Vicky had opened mid-august

Canadian FM

certainly Black Noise, Surveillance and City of Fear plus several other live project releases.

from when I last spoke to Cam Hawkins about things last month, he was planning:
Black Noise CD
Surveillance + side 1 Direct to Disc CD
City of Fear + side 2 Direct to Disc CD

I'm glad the Headrom DtD is getting its own reissue

Hobo Chang Ba
01-01-2013, 07:43 PM
Huzzah for You are here, I am There!

Hunnibee
01-02-2013, 12:50 AM
Since I missed Greg's tour last spring, I'll have to put Songs of a Lifetime on my wish list.

Oreb
01-02-2013, 03:47 AM
Not familiar with The Gods and Spriguns.

Can anyone describe their stuff?

Esoteric
01-02-2013, 01:19 PM
The Gods is very "psychedelic" in sound and the band was the origins of Uriah Heep, --I really like this, quite "groovy" stuff, Spriguns are folk rock--girl singer(lovely Mandy Morton), maybe more like Mellow Candle.

Rarebird
01-02-2013, 02:05 PM
I just received Tombstone Valentine in the Love edition, so I don't think I need to update this Wigwam album.
But I'm looking forward to the FM re-issues.

gearHed289
01-18-2013, 03:03 PM
Super psyched about the FM stuff. Something about those first 4 discs just really connected with me. Maybe because I play bass and keys? :p I liked the idea of splitting up DtD, but I'm fine with it being a stand-alone. Can't wait for Surveillance and City of Fear!

The Fantastic Progo Rican
03-02-2013, 07:17 PM
Just got my copy of FM's Direct To Disc today, after the first listen I gotta say excellent job, congratulations!

zeprogmeister
03-06-2013, 12:25 AM
FM - Direct to Disc is in my possession as of today! Been waiting a long time for a legit cd of this.