PDA

View Full Version : Anyone go to the Theatre ?

Rufus
12-16-2012, 03:24 PM
Am planning on a London West End break some time next year !
What shows would you recommend ?

Reach
12-19-2012, 10:05 AM
I'd like to go more than I do. High-brow plays by Tom Stoppard to pop classics like The Phantom of the Opera-- I hope to see more. Especially get to London someday.

Chain
12-19-2012, 03:39 PM
I have been involved with a Theatre Company for several years.

As part of it we have put on a Shakespeare production outdoors in the botanic gardens here for the last 20 years or so. It is quite an event and a lot of people who only go to one show a year, go to this one. Recently (the last 3 or 4 years) we have operated training workshops for younger actors, bringing in professionals from many areas. Believe me a lot goes on behind the scenes to bring a good production to the stage.

A play called War Horse looks very interesting.

This guide may help you http://www.londontheatre.co.uk/index.html

Rufus
12-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Thank you ...live theater is something i should frequent more often ! Unfortunatly the opportunity is limited as i live in a small town ! Last stage play i saw was Brassed Off & thoroughly enjoyed it. Have heard great reviews for War Horse. Not seen the film yet either ! Would also like to see a musical ...Rock of Ages, We Will Rock You, Jersey Boys ?? Looks like i will be having a weekend in the Smoke in March to see Morse & The Flowerkings so Will check that theater guide
THANKS !

Supersonic Scientist
12-24-2012, 11:26 AM
Theater prices are a bit steep but My Wife and I ALWAYS bring our Granddaughter to see The Nutcracker at the Fox theatre here in Atlanta every year. It has become a new family tradition. I/we enjoy it immensely.

Ken
12-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Am planning on a London West End break some time next year !
What shows would you recommend ?

I had the good fortune earlier this year to see the rarely performed The Iceman Cometh.

As to the westend shows, a big thumbs up for JerseyBoys. It was very entertaining, and had a story line a bit more serious than I expected. There were a few unexpected f-bombs, if that bothers you.

http://www.timeout.com/london/feature/1794/top-10-west-end-theatre-shows

yogibear
01-10-2013, 08:57 PM
i used to go to the shakepeare festival in oregon back in the day. killer stuff. ashland oregon i think is the name of the place.