PDA

View Full Version : Anything Prog In Puerto Rico?

Library Jon
12-14-2012, 08:40 PM
It looks like I will vacationing in Puerto Rico over the Christmas break. Anyone been there? Anyone seen anything Prog related there? Any tourist advice? Thanks in advance.

Library Jon

enpdllp
12-15-2012, 04:00 AM
It looks like I will vacationing in Puerto Rico over the Christmas break. Anyone been there? Anyone seen anything Prog related there? Any tourist advice? Thanks in advance.

Library Jon

There's been quite a few prog rock artists that have played there in the past. Among them ELP, UK, Saga, FM & Rush. Not sure if there are any prog shows scheduled during the days you will be staying, but that is not the main reason to visit PR. Plenty of great beaches to sit and relax, sail or surf. The surfing season is pretty good at this time of the year. El Yunque National Rainforest, any of the phosphorescent bays and other nature related spots are great to visit if you are interested in that kind of stuff. The night life in Old San Juan is pretty active, and during the Xmas holidays even more. Depending on your likes, where are you staying and if you will have a rental car or not, I might be able to provide more specific advice.

tom unbound
12-15-2012, 09:28 AM
Send us some Pictures of Love Beach ! ;)

Chuck AzEee!
12-15-2012, 01:06 PM
My trips to PR are usually family oriented and surprisingly my wife has family members that like Roxy Music and Pink Floyd. My wife's family is from Anasco which in between to happening towns Rincon and Mayaguez. Rincon is a more hipster town during the evenings while Mayaguez is a larger town with some seedy parts as well. One of my wife's cousins told me that the Prog scene in that particular region is quite small but venturing eastward, there are many fans of Progressive rock especially in the larger more populated areas like San Juan and Ponce.

The Fantastic Progo Rican
12-15-2012, 01:39 PM
I was born and raised in Puerto Rico, lived there the first 33 years of my life, sites of interest Old San Juan and Ponce which are the main cities in the North and South coast respectively, for beaches the best ones are in the East coast and the Northwest coast, like someone said before El Yunque our largest national rainforest is a very nice place, also in the Northwest Las Cavernas de Camuy (Camuy Caverns), you find good places to eat and nice watering holes in almost every corner of every town/city. Let me see if I can find a few links to PR tourism guides and post them here...

12-15-2012, 01:41 PM
For some Puerto Rican prog tinged folk music check http://www.grupoasisomos.com

12-15-2012, 01:43 PM
http://www.seepuertorico.com/