PDA

View Full Version : Marillion Brave at Convention.

Wilton Said...
12-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Just got the email today. Marillion not only will be playing all of Radiation on Fri nights at all conventions, but also all of Brave on The Sat night at all conventions.
While It's not my favorite album, it will complete my live listening experience as it will mean that I will have heard every H era song (not including STCBM) live at one point or another. Don't know if this is a good thing or not as it'll mean no more "holy crap, I've never heard that song live before this is great" experiences. But then again, seeing and hearing a song played live after not hearing it for a while can be exciting as Iron Maiden has been proving during their nostalgia tours.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to hearing both albums live and hopefully a chunk of STCBM.

Wilton

Progatron
12-11-2012, 05:54 PM
It is my favourite Marillion album, and I can't wait to see it! The whole weekend will be awesome as it has been the last two times. Montreal, here I come again! :D And yes, I'm quite sure we'll get most of STCBM as well.

ChrisXymphonia
12-12-2012, 05:11 AM
Of course... here I was sitting and thinking why do they do a full album on Saturday night cause that is usually a Friday night thing but totally forgot they had already announced they would be doing Radiation. To totally different experiences. Excited about the whole Brave show as that tour was the first time I saw them live.

Jeremy Bender
12-13-2012, 01:20 AM
Well, dammit all to hell. Here I was vacillating on going to the Montreal convention --$$$ is an issue-- but the guaranteed chance to hear one of my Top 5 Marillion songs, A Few Words For The Dead, AND Brave complete makes me think that, hey who cares about rent and eating and gas for the car? :cool

Or you could love.......

strawberrybrick
12-13-2012, 09:35 AM
Yep, this really makes me want to attend. Fav album of just about any genre.

Reach
12-13-2012, 09:37 AM
Looking forward to both albums. Sweet. See Y'all in Montreal...

mozo-pg
12-13-2012, 05:28 PM
Fav album here too and only a two hour drive from Ottawa. More tempting now.

The Hollowdude
12-13-2012, 10:33 PM
I was considering not going to the Montreal shows, already attending the first two. I bought a ticket anyway primarily to reconnect with old friends again. The addition of Brave on Saturday night has given this trip a whole new meaning, though. It's my favorite Marillion album and the best CD I own. I never thought I'd get to see this live.

Scott Bails
12-13-2012, 10:50 PM
Man, I'd love to have the money to go to this. I've wanted to attend one of these since they started doing them, and this would be a great show, but I just don't have the funds.

Progatron
12-16-2012, 09:13 PM
Man, I'd love to have the money to go to this. I've wanted to attend one of these since they started doing them, and this would be a great show, but I just don't have the funds.

That's a drag, man. I've been to many, many shows over the years, and the Marillion 2009 and 2011 Montreal weekends rank way up near the top. They are more than just shows - they are experiences. And this third time around, we're not only getting Radiation AND Brave, we're also getting Mystery as the opening act, which I am delighted with because I really like them and as I've mentioned before in previous run-on sentences I have never been enamoured with Marillion's choice of openers.

By the time this third convention is over and done, I will have seen them play eleven different shows (well, one was without Mosley and Kelly) and there will be very little Marillion material I haven't seen live. These weekends couldn't be more tailor-made for the Marillion fanatic, and I'm just so thankful that they exist and that they chose Montreal - a beautiful city - as the site. Memorable moments in their history have happened at those gigs... hell, they even wrote a song about them! I can't wait to get back out to Montreal, drink their fantastic beer (La Fin Du Monde, anyone?), soak in their rich culture and look at their beautiful women. The only downside is the depression/withdrawal that seems to happen when it's all over for another two years.

I hope none of this seems like 'rubbing it in', it's not intended that way. I really wish everyone could go to these, and I can't help but gush over them.

Scott Bails
12-16-2012, 10:05 PM
I hope none of this seems like 'rubbing it in', it's not intended that way. I really wish everyone could go to these, and I can't help but gush over them.

Nah, man - it's cool.

I'd really love to go, but that doesn't mean that I don't want those that are going not to have an amazing weekend. Hope you all have a blast.

Nicholas
12-17-2012, 08:08 AM
I tend to put Radiation as my favourite of the four post EMI albums including Anoraknophobia which was to all intent and purposes an Intact release. Just for the record Script For A Jester's Tear, Afraid of Sunlight and Somewhere Else would be my other every four album choices.

East New York
12-19-2012, 05:18 PM
I'm gutted that I can't attend. :( My friend Tami Freed, Marillion fan supreme, is going...and she shall take pics and shall also call me from the Brave performance in Montreal.