PDA

View Full Version : Dark Lounge : Death of a Child

kayfabe58
09-14-2014, 02:10 PM
I recorded this collection over a period of four years (1999-2003), two songs were left off due to technical issues. The production might be a bit slack, but I feel the compositions, arrangements, and playing shine above any technical issues.
The collection deals with the child in all of us "Dying" as we grow older...stylistically I place it somewhere between prog and lounge.
any comments would be welcome (both positive or negative...just please stay away from too much production critiques)

https://soundcloud.com/darklounge/sets/death-of-a-child

R_burke
09-15-2014, 10:16 AM
I like the music a lot, but am not a big fan of the vocals. Good mix of instruments and flows well without getting bogged down or "pretentious" like some goth/prog does.

kayfabe58
09-19-2014, 12:12 AM
Thanks...Vocal taste aside, I am pleased that you were able to hear the music and appreciate the work for what it is. I always see my work as a composition first, then strive for quality in both performance and arrangement...recordings are like paintings-they involve numerous colors and placement of ideas.

Did you listen to parts of the complete collection? There is a lot of juxtaposition of styles that I feel give it a proggy sense without being "in your face" prog.