Page 3 of 106 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2016 NFL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    Bruce Irvin to the Raiders. Was really hoping that the Seahawks could have kept him but there's no way they could make his open market salary fit under the cap.
    Raiders also grabbed KO from the Ravens. Eleven million for an offensive guard. The Ravens should get a very high compensatory pick since he and Yanda were probably the best guard tandem in the league.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

So rational thinking when it comes to trading in the NFL ended in what year exactly? I know it's been a while.

I think if you took the time to evaluate this phenomenon statistically, you would find that the heart rules the mind more in the NFL than in any other team sport when it comes to personnel decisions like trading, releasing or retaining players, or coaches & GMs for that matter.

Why tf is that? Did someone expunge the words pragmatism and foresight from the NFL owners handbook?
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Did someone expunge the words pragmatism and foresight from the NFL owners handbook?
    Maybe they need to use the mandatory concussion protocol on executives before they make a move
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Vic's Dolphins apparently just traded for CB Byron Maxwell and LB Kiko Alonso from the Eagles - both were disappointments this year.

No word yet on what they gave up.
    Sounds like this may not happen now, or, at least won't happen for what was reported as being given up by the Dolphins (possibly a 4th-round pick and a swap of first round picks - the Dolphins' #8 for the Eagles' #13).

Apparently, the Dolphins' medical staff has questions about Byron Maxwell's shoulder.

<heavy sigh>
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Raiders also grabbed KO from the Ravens. Eleven million for an offensive guard. The Ravens should get a very high compensatory pick since he and Yanda were probably the best guard tandem in the league.
    Raiders might have spent a little more than market value for a guard but they didn't have to spend an ungodly amount more. That players like KO and Irvin are willing to come play in Oakland shows how far the franchise has come in a short time. Players are seeing the young talent in Oakland and are thinking that this team could be going places and want to be a part of that. One of the problems though is that, if Denver and KC keep up the pace, the AFC West could become the toughest division in football.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Players are seeing the young talent in Oakland and are thinking that this team could be going places
    Anaheim?

If they're lucky! I hate to admit it but I don't think there's a future for that team in Oakland. In fact, that field and stadium are probably a deterrent for the free agents that choose not to go to the Raiders.

I would attend rallies to protest the Raiders moving to Anaheim if this started to turn into a reality. Sorry, Raiders…. that's how much I don't want your thug-life fans to return to SoCal. Sucks for the other fans, though.

Sounds like this may not happen now, or, at least won't happen for what was reported as being given up by the Dolphins (possibly a 4th-round pick and a swap of first round picks - the Dolphins' #8 for the Eagles' #13).

Apparently, the Dolphins' medical staff has questions about Byron Maxwell's shoulder.

<heavy sigh>
    Aaaannd....it's back on. Eagles get the Dolphin's #8, Dolphins get Alonso, Maxwell (and his salary) and the Eagles #13.

By all accounts, the Eagles fleeced the Dolphins. We'll see, I guess.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Texans have apparently signed Brock Osweiler.

Texans have apparently signed Brock Osweiler.
    4 years /72 mil! For a guy who has played 7 games as an NFL starter. I'm gonna go out on a limb right now and proclaim that in a year from now, we'll be pointing to this signing as the worse free agency move of 2016. This reeks of Matt Cassels and Matt Flynn of years gone by...

This reeks of Matt Cassels and Matt Flynn of years gone by...
    This type of comment is all over Twitter right now. What a crazy contract.

Osweiler was a product of that phenomenal defense. Manning didn't do squat in the SB... didn't need to
    Cassel and Flynn would have won that SB with that defense!
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

I'm very happy with the moves the Raiders have made so far. If they are to make another move for one of the better FA still available, I'd like to see them sign Weddle. With Woodson retiring our already vulnerable secondary became that much weaker.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    4 years /72 mil! For a guy who has played 7 games as an NFL starter. I'm gonna go out on a limb right now and proclaim that in a year from now, we'll be pointing to this signing as the worse free agency move of 2016. This reeks of Matt Cassels and Matt Flynn of years gone by...
    How much is guaranteed?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    Giants are on a spending binge.

Janoris Jenkins CB from the Rams. Damon Harrison DT from the Jets. And now it sounds like perhaps even Olivier Vernon DE from Miami.

JPP already resigned for one year. Seems like some solid but expen$ive moves.
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

Those are 3 real nice additions on D! Now watch, they all get hurt in the first game
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    You mean another great Lions player who barely got to taste the playoffs
    That too unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    That too unfortunately.
    Megatron is pure class. I wish him nothing but the best.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    He'll be back.

Raiders might have spent a little more than market value for a guard but they didn't have to spend an ungodly amount more. That players like KO and Irvin are willing to come play in Oakland shows how far the franchise has come in a short time. Players are seeing the young talent in Oakland and are thinking that this team could be going places and want to be a part of that. One of the problems though is that, if Denver and KC keep up the pace, the AFC West could become the toughest division in football.
    KO went there for the stupid amount of money. If he wanted another ring he had a better chance staying in Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Seconded.

If he decided to un-retire in 2017 what would his situation be? I will assume he'd still be under contract with the Lions or could he be a UFA?

Did they show this to KO before signing with the Raiders. Not exactly the same bird he's used to playing for.

People are on suicide watch down here over the fire sale the Dolphins are having. A friend from the gym was going bonkers the other day. I thought his head was gonna explode. This is an old guy in his 60s and he was waving his arms, yelling, face beet red..... Hilarious. I told the guy to calm down.

Now, the Brent Grimes situation. A shame. He was one of the best players on the Dolphins. But his stupid wifey can't keep her trap shut. Dumb b*@#$! Dumb husband too.