Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pineapple Thief - Dissolution

Quote Originally Posted by Don Arnold View Post
    Also, at times, both the music and, in particular, the vocals remind me of Riverside's "Love, Fear and the Time Machine", another disc I really like.
    I was thinking the same thing.

TPT have always been a rather frustrating band for me. I got into them around 2008 and have heard Tightly Unwound, What We Have Sown and the 3000 Days compilation. They can have some really great songs sitting next to songs that completely fail to grab my attention. They also tend to use a lot of repetition within a song (same chords or same line of lyrics repeated over and over) sometimes forgetting to significantly alter the arrangement in order to make that repetition barable. I eventually lost interest.

When Harrison joined I thought he might be the missing factor to finally make the band interesting to me. I tried Your Wilderness but found the same flaws to be present despite Harrison's characteristic drumming.

I finally gave in to the hype and tried Dissolution. I'm glad I did because this is the album I was hoping to hear from TPT with Harrison. He definitely injects some energy to their music and the variations in his drumming really help certain sections not to fall into pointless repetition (obviously a gimmick in Soord's writing). This is clearly the first TPT album I can listen to all the way through without being bored at some point. It falls short from masterpiece status but it's a very strong effort that may continue to grow on me, which the rest of what I've heard from the band always failed to do apart from a few tracks.
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

Now that The Pineapple Thief have started their Dissolution tour, with the set-list including nearly all of the new album, I thought it might be timely to share a few blog thoughts on the music inside, especially for those of you who might be considering buying the album or seeing them onstage over the coming weeks.

Hope you find it helpful.

https://momentstransition.wordpress....solution-2018/

Quote Originally Posted by YtseJammer View Post
    Too bad the drums aren't synched up very well...

I have that 'Where We Stood' live album and it includes that show on DVD. Quite excellent.
    "The Bill of Rights says nothing about the freedom of hearing. This, of course, takes a lot of the fun out of the freedom of speech." - Pat Paulsen

My Art- http://www.facebook.com/williamallenrenfro -My Life

Extensive fall tour here in the states including the Neighborhood Theatre here in Charlotte which I can quite literally walk to! Hooray!

http://www.pineapplethief.com/tour/
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I'd love to go but Montreal on a weeknight. I'm no long 20 or 30 and would need an overnight. Very unfortunate but I'm very likely going to have to pass.

Looks like Pineapple Thief is gearing up for their first proper US tour, with actual west coast dates. They'll be at Slim's in SF on December 10th.

And how many rock drummers have such pull that they are the featured musician? Kudos, Gavin.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    Looks like Pineapple Thief is gearing up for their first proper US tour, with actual west coast dates. They'll be at Slim's in SF on December 10th.

And how many rock drummers have such pull that they are the featured musician? Kudos, Gavin.
    I hope to make the Pontiac MI show.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Extensive fall tour here in the states including the Neighborhood Theatre here in Charlotte which I can quite literally walk to! Hooray!

http://www.pineapplethief.com/tour/
    Nice!!! I may have to drive to Charlotte for this!