Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Survivor: David vs. Goliath - Season 37

Great episode last night. Two awesome tribal councils in a row. Historic one at that.

Happy Thanksgiving, Survivor watchers!
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

Agreed!!! I was jaw-dropped. Good tribals.

The David's are killing it! They are totally outplaying the Goliaths.

Funny, I don't think that I would be loving this so much if it were the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    The David's are killing it! They are totally outplaying the Goliaths.
    And the numbers advantage has ... gone.
    Regards,

Duncan

Christian gets voted off and this thread is quiet? I'm shocked.

Sorry to see him go as he was my favorite this year, but it was the correct move. If he made it to the end, he would have beaten everyone probably unanimously.

Hoping Nick, Davie or Mike win. I have nothing against Allison and Kara, but they haven't done anything. And Angelina, she can't get voted off soon enough. I don't think I've ever disliked a contestant more than her in the history of Survivor.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

Quote Originally Posted by paythesnuka View Post

Sorry to see him go as he was my favorite this year, but it was the correct move. If he made it to the end, he would have beaten everyone probably unanimously.

Hoping Nick, Davie or Mike win. I have nothing against Allison and Kara, but they haven't done anything. And Angelina, she can't get voted off soon enough. I don't think I've ever disliked a contestant more than her in the history of Survivor.
    I just had the chance to watch it this afternoon. Christian was too much of a threat and they all knew it. I like him, too, but didn't think there was anyway he would make it to the end. He will be back on an all-star show one of these days.

I liked him. My wife couldn't stand him.
    LOL.

Can't stand Angelina. Liked to look at Gabby...though wasn't surprised to see her go.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar

I'd say Davie then Nick for me, with Mike comfortably on the second tier at this point. Agrreed on the rest. Can definitely see Allison and/or Angelina dragged along as bench fodder if it's a final three this season.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

I've been wanting to post, but have been so busy I haven't really had a chance. I was sorry, but not surprised, to see Christian go.

This is the first time in a long time that I don't really like any of the remaining players. It's been an interesting season but I really don't care who wins. If I had to choose, I'd probably say Nick.

...And Angelina, she can't get voted off soon enough. I don't think I've ever disliked a contestant more than her in the history of Survivor.
    Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post
    Can't stand Angelina...
    Why the hate? What's she done?

Seems to me she's reasonably inoffensive, a bit of an airhead who made dumb attempts to do a few things. So what?

Did I miss her doing something underhanded,or something?
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    Why the hate? What's she done?

Seems to me she's reasonably inoffensive, a bit of an airhead who made dumb attempts to do a few things. So what?

Did I miss her doing something underhanded,or something?
    I think it is her personality that really bugs me. First it was the jacket thing, then last episode begging to go on the reward. "I don't want to bring up the getting rice for the tribe thing I did"... and then brings it up! I hope she's sent to Ponderosa sooner than later.

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar

No doubt, Christian would have won going away, so the right move for sure.

To me, Davie is the man now, he deserves to win just for all his creative idol deployment. Nick is my second choice, and then Allison because she is a challenge beast at least, if not very strategic.

I don't really dislike Angelina, she is pleasant to look at, but the coat and rice incidents paint her as pathetic and weak.
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

I was also a Christian fan and am sad to see him go. Yes, he would have won, for sure.

I am fine with Davie or Nick.

By the way, the controversy happening prior to the season premiere will play out tonight at the finale. Will CBS/Probst address this tonight:

As we reported ... Alec is the only one punished for now. Producers are withholding his appearance fee of $10k and disinviting him to the finale taping.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    By the way, the controversy happening prior to the season premiere will play out tonight at the finale. Will CBS/Probst address this tonight:

As we reported ... Alec is the only one punished for now. Producers are withholding his appearance fee of $10k and disinviting him to the finale taping.
    This is the first I'm hearing of this. I knew nothing about it.

This is the first I'm hearing of this. I knew nothing about it.
    I knew about it when it happened. I didn't want to throw the story into this thread back then because I had no idea who the survivors were and if they made it to the end. There has also been some spoilers leaked about the finale. All I will say is it might seem similar to the recent Big Brother finale.

Well, no mention of Alec last night. If you hadn't posted the story here, I wouldn't have even missed him.

Good on Nick for winning! I liked Nick from the start and it was a fitting finish for a David to beat out three Goliaths for the win. It was also a smart move for him to take Angelina to the final three. I know that a lot of people didn't like her, but I think that she had a few good qualities too. She was smart, outspoken, and was willing to stand up for herself. That she kept bringing up the rice, was pretty funny and I'm glad that she was called out for it at the final TC.

Also, I knew that Mike was going to win the fire comp. When the show was edited to show Kara starting fire after fire so easily at camp, I said to my husband "Mike's winning the fire comp". The producers need to stop being so predictable.

Back to Nick for a second. I loved what he said about winning the money, that it would allow him to continue to help people and follow his "calling". I am not a lawyer, but I work for an organization that provides a service to lawyers. Most of them are really good people who go into the profession for all the right reasons...they really do care about justice. They want to help people and make the world a better and fair place to live. The law profession gets a bad rap and I think that Nick represented the profession well.

I have mixed feelings about next season. I love Aubry! And I'm happy to see her back. But I don't like when reality shows mix repeat players with new players. I like the all-star shows and I like the shows where everyone is new. The extinction thing could be an interesting twist. I am, at least, intrigued.

It was also a smart move for him to take Angelina to the final three. I know that a lot of people didn't like her, but I think that she had a few good qualities too. She was smart, outspoken, and was willing to stand up for herself. That she kept bringing up the rice, was pretty funny and I'm glad that she was called out for it at the final TC.
    I lost what little respect I had for her when she cooked up the scheme to embarrass Allison with the fake idol. Glad Nick called her out on that during final TC.

Glad she didn't get a vote in the end.

I lost what little respect I had for her when she cooked up the scheme to embarrass Allison with the fake idol. Glad Nick called her out on that during final TC.

Glad she didn't get a vote in the end.
    I'd already forgotten about that, but I totally agree. There was no strategy involved in that...just Mean Girl spirit.

Just had the chance to watch this afternoon. I had Nick in my wife's family survivor pool so that was a $400 Christmas bonus for me! Of the people left in the end I was happy with him winning. Overall it was a much better season than it started out to be, and I enjoyed it.

There were some pretty cool tribal councils, but other than that I was pretty underwhelmed. I was glad Nick won.

This show, while I still watch, is mostly just background noise up until the tribals anymore. I need more Russel's, Fairplay's or Phillip's to turn that around. And now a returning player will be Dreamy Joe and his stupid hipster mustache? Cmon...
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Season 38 - Edge of Extinction thread at http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...tion-Season-38

See you there!