Page 147 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 4624

Thread: Cardiacs--where to start?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Flower View Post
    Oops...Mark RILEY, not Radcliffe.

I thought Jo's voice sounded far, far better on those tracks last night than previous live events or recording. Really strong. Very impressed.
    She sounded better on Hands and Secret but I think nerves maybe got the better of her as she sang Fanny, she was a bit shaky bless her.

BTW, how brilliant was that song by Lavinia Blackwell? Sounded a bit like Cirkulus. Amazing folky song. She has a 2 song single Waiting For Tomorrow/All Seems Better available at the moment on Spotify.

Last edited by AndiSexgang; 02-06-2019 at 02:48 PM.

Another new Japs tune Klog can be heared here
    .https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0002b82

2.48.30 in . I like this tune even better then Hands. Very Timmy I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    Another new Japs tune Klog can be heared here
    .https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0002b82

2.48.30 in . I like this tune even better then Hands. Very Timmy I'd say.
    Dank U! I assume Klog is from a forthcoming album? But have you heard "Her" the A side on the new single?

Quote Originally Posted by AndiSexgang View Post
    Dank U! I assume Klog is from a forthcoming album? But have you heard "Her" the A side on the new single?
    Its pretty sexy stuff that is.

If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    This show is the shit - love it.

Yeah, that's fab. Somehow missed that one on the radio.

With great new stuff from Spratleys, Lost Crowns, NSRO and (hopefully.... i'd say he's due a new one) Bill Drake, not to mention the ABC palaver it's gonna be a good year.

Quote Originally Posted by loosefish View Post
    Yeah, that's fab. Somehow missed that one on the radio.

With great new stuff from Spratleys, Lost Crowns, NSRO and (hopefully.... i'd say he's due a new one) Bill Drake, not to mention the ABC palaver it's gonna be a good year.
    New Spratleys single is fabulous. Convention lineup is gonna be amazing - Spratleys - Gong - and some others I know of that are also a big draw but I cant say.
    Last edited by Phlakaton; 02-15-2019 at 03:20 PM.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Do tell, do tell!

Don't think I'll be able to make it this year, if I'd known earlier or organized my other trips later it might of worked but I don't think I'll be there.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Do tell, do tell!

Don't think I'll be able to make it this year, if I'd known earlier or organized my other trips later it might of worked but I don't think I'll be there.
    Aw man. Okey - I'm sure it will be televised on pay-per-view... :o

Quote Originally Posted by auxfnx View Post
    Think I might venture to the convention this year... I see (the American) Bob Drake posted an image relating to it on his Facebook page!?!
    I placed that image on my FB page because I had been contacted - by what means I am not at liberty to discuss - by one of those ABC persons - whose identity I am also not at liberty to divulge - and "asked" to do so. However if you also might be wondering if I am playing at this iteration, do not fear...I am NOT, because I performed at the previous one. I hope to attend however.

BD
    www.bdrak.com

The Everso Closely Guarded Line.

OK, just had some pulls off the magic pen (cough - cough........arhhh) and spun this with my AT M50x headphones. This tune is so intense, its almost overwhelming. To say its a genius compostion doesn't even really do it justice - it somehow transcends that and just goes into a place that is so brilliant and inventive, its fuckin scary. Tim basically overlays a "tune" over this incredible background "tune" but they happen simultaneously. Who the fuck does that? Well, I guess Tim does. The entire beginning "verse" part is like that. I can't even imagine how he accomplished this, how it all just interacts - some serious hemiolas too. The chord sequences, the incredible melodies, the form of the tune, blah blah....you can go on all flippin day....its all just magic. Tim should have earned like 17 PhD's for this tune alone.

^ At times, that song is beyond epic. I want to have that album on a nice 180 gram vinyl reissue.

You hear me, ABC? Yeah, I’m talkin’ to you!

Seriously, that’s probably still my favorite Cardiacs album and I would love to have it in LP form.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    The Everso Closely Guarded Line.

OK, just had some pulls off the magic pen (cough - cough........arhhh) and spun this with my AT M50x headphones. This tune is so intense, its almost overwhelming. To say its a genius compostion doesn't even really do it justice - it somehow transcends that and just goes into a place that is so brilliant and inventive, its fuckin scary. Tim basically overlays a "tune" over this incredible background "tune" but they happen simultaneously. Who the fuck does that? Well, I guess Tim does. The entire beginning "verse" part is like that. I can't even imagine how he accomplished this, how it all just interacts - some serious hemiolas too. The chord sequences, the incredible melodies, the form of the tune, blah blah....you can go on all flippin day....its all just magic. Tim should have earned like 17 PhD's for this tune alone.
    My all time fav song... period. Has it all - one place - pure f'in genius.

On a good note --- a little birdy told me Timmy has been getting a bit better these days... his physio therapy has been going in the right direction. Three cheers for the man!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    On a good note --- a little birdy told me Timmy has been getting a bit better these days... his physio therapy has been going in the right direction. Three cheers for the man!!
    Very glad to hear this. You just made my day.

Beautiful news.

My all time fav song... period. Has it all - one place - pure f'in genius.
    Yeah. This and Dirty Boy may be his absolute pinnacle in my universe. The rest is pretty much as good too.

Random thought: I really love watching Bill Drake in the Mare's Nest concert...he goes into this zen-like state which is really ironic considering the outrageous cacophony (albeit brilliant of course) that is going on around him. So fuckin hip.

(Positive version) What a fantastic lineup!
    (Negative version) Fuck, fuck, fuck, cant make it.

Never heared any of the acts on sunday. I will have to look them up. Saturday is pure bliss. All winner, no filler.

That's gonna be fun, fun, fun. I wonder who the interviews will be with?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Looks fantastic, wish I could make it work but I've already got 2 European trips booked this year over 3 weeks and can't really extend one of them to make this work.

V Ä L V Ē is a gleaming lo-fi/avant-guard/sound project from Chlöe Herington. She is joined by Elen Evans and fellow Chrome Hoof member, Emma Sullivan.

https://valvemusic.bandcamp.com/
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.