Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Smoking a big MMJ roachweed joint

^^ He states the potency of today's marijuana is like comparing beer to a martini, yet makes no case for prohibition of alcohol.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

The article is utterly ridiculous, and yet his new book will undoubtedly be fuel for the fire for the fools/politicians who are anti-cannabis (i.e. gems like Jeff Sessions, etc).
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    One of the reasons I'd like MJ to be legalized in NY is so that I can get some that's not as "strong" as what is usually on the black market. I'd like to be able to choose the "beer" of MJ instead of the "martini" of MJ. Some of us are looking forward to regulation in addition to legalization.

Hopefully it goes there....Cuomo has it going in the right direction. Is 2019 going to be the year?
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    One of the reasons I'd like MJ to be legalized in NY is so that I can get some that's not as "strong" as what is usually on the black market. I'd like to be able to choose the "beer" of MJ instead of the "martini" of MJ. Some of us are looking forward to regulation in addition to legalization.
    Yeah I miss good old, green regular. Today's smoke is ridiculous. I smoke less of course, so I manage it well, but good God this stuff is like crack today. I'm thinking about diluting it with oregano. .

I'm still not sure how I feel about full blown legalization in Florida. Please can the sarcastic, Florida jokes. Thank you....

Banned
    What difference does it make? Smoke less. Legal sales consist of clean weed, illegal sales may have rat poison contamination. It is well known that Mexican Cartels are using federal lands to grow weed which is exported to the Midwest and east coast. People in CA don’t need that crap and have complained that this 2nd gen rat poison has endangered some species on the brink. CA has had great weed forever.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Yeah I miss good old, green regular. Today's smoke is ridiculous. I smoke less of course, so I manage it well, but good God this stuff is like crack today. I'm thinking about diluting it with oregano. .

I'm still not sure how I feel about full blown legalization in Florida. Please can the sarcastic, Florida jokes. Thank you....
    Are you talking about legal? I vaped 97% and it didn’t knock me out. Different legal ones have effects from couch lock to mind expansion. I read recently that the day high maybe due to a higher CBD to THC ratio. A 50/50 ratio is good for medical usage because it doesn’t have psychotic issues.

Banned
    Buy some hemp flower high in CBD. Vape or smoke it occasionally with high potency to adjust the high.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Are you talking about legal? I vaped 97% and it didn’t knock me out. Different legal ones have effects from couch lock to mind expansion. I read recently that the day high maybe due to a higher CBD to THC ratio. A 50/50 ratio is good for medical usage because it doesn’t have psychotic issues.
    I don't vape, or do edibles, just dry stuff. I cut a Zig Zag in half and roll a little mouse joint. I'm good for hours.

What difference does it make? Smoke less. Legal sales consist of clean weed, illegal sales may have rat poison contamination. It is well known that Mexican Cartels are using federal lands to grow weed which is exported to the Midwest and east coast. People in CA don’t need that crap and have complained that this 2nd gen rat poison has endangered some species on the brink. CA has had great weed forever.
    Fine, I'm saying I don't want the rat poison.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    The article is utterly ridiculous, and yet his new book will undoubtedly be fuel for the fire for the fools/politicians who are anti-cannabis (i.e. gems like Jeff Sessions, etc).
    Well, of course, Sessions is no longer a politician. I would suppose he's getting fitted for his lobbyist suit. But, yeah...
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

You can do that now in New York City. To get the cheap weed go to Washington Square Park and ask a homeless person. or even Union Square Park. To get the high grade MJ call it one of the delivery services and pay premium prices $60 for 3 grams last time I was there. Legalization will just bring in more money for the bureaucrats. Sure there are some benefits than outright criminalization. But you know what I rather grow it in my backyard and not pay one tax dime to a bureaucrat or Corporation. Also Joe Rogan discusses how corporations I already have their money betting on legal weed which kid bringing other problems like GMO weed or weed that's abused with 50 other different chemicals like tobacco is today.

P.s. voice to text, grammar not proofread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_n_chucky View Post
    You can do that now in New York City. To get the cheap weed go to Washington Square Park and ask a homeless person. or even Union Square Park. To get the high grade MJ call it one of the delivery services and pay premium prices $60 for 3 grams last time I was there. Legalization will just bring in more money for the bureaucrats. Sure there are some benefits than outright criminalization. But you know what I rather grow it in my backyard and not pay one tax dime to a bureaucrat or Corporation. Also Joe Rogan discusses how corporations I already have their money betting on legal weed which kid bringing other problems like GMO weed or weed that's abused with 50 other different chemicals like tobacco is today.

h

P.s. voice to text, grammar not proofread
    It’s been over 30 years since I went to Washington square park and bought hastily a bag of oregano����

Today there is a good chance that illegal weed is contaminated with Mexican Cartel rat poison. There will all ways be when legal the choice of healthy versus cost, just like Organic Vs Non-Organic food. However, it’s better to have the choice than not, corporations involved or not.

Banned
    It’s been over 30 years since I went to Washington square park and bought hastily a bag of oregano����

Today there is a good chance that illegal weed is contaminated with Mexican Cartel rat poison. There will all ways be when legal the choice of healthy versus cost, just like Organic Vs Non-Organic food. However, it’s better to have the choice than not, corporations involved or not.
    It’s not corporations, it’s people who make choices that corporations do their best to fulfill.

It’s not corporations, it’s people who make choices that corporations do their best to fulfill.
    I agree in the free market principles of capitalism (eg. Milton Friedman, Murray Rothbard, Ludvig Von Mises)..and the Joe Rogan clip conveys what I was trying to say without the curse words. It's a plant, it's nature...and our ancestors all the way back to Egypt would venerate the plant by having it in carvings or by the gods (Thoth ☥)

Anways..welp! I got stopped by a cop in Florida today for a tag light that was not on, which led me to finding out my drivers license was suspended, which led me to him searching my vehicle without my consent (when I asked he said some new Supreme Court ruling where any traffic citation can lead to search or sth)...which led to him bringing out the K-9 dog..had a pos. ID ...and my personal property was searched...they found an aluminum pipe (tin foil) and searched my body and pulled out a glass pipe..tested positive for THC...grinder also...cops were hassling me the whole time (why are you shaking? Because you are making me nervous and the flashing lights are making me see tracers in my retina)... I tried not to make many smart ass remarks, but I have a history with Martin County and met a lot of the deputies and higher ups..anyways he asked me if I had a Medical Marijuana card (nope)...sign some papers for a citation to show up in Court later this month.

So I could have gone to jail, but I don't have money other than some petty cash in my wallet. Everything happened so fast that I just signed the papers and agreed to show up in Court. So I'll be sitting in were the Poor Folks sit in the pews. [esoteric meaning] Will contact an attorney and see if he can get me out of hot water. I walked 3 miles home.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_n_chucky View Post
    I agree in the free market principles of capitalism (eg. Milton Friedman, Murray Rothbard, Ludvig Von Mises)..and the Joe Rogan clip conveys what I was trying to say without the curse words. It's a plant, it's nature...and our ancestors all the way back to Egypt would venerate the plant by having it in carvings or by the gods (Thoth ☥)

Anways..welp! I got stopped by a cop in Florida today for a tag light that was not on, which led me to finding out my drivers license was suspended, which led me to him searching my vehicle without my consent (when I asked he said some new Supreme Court ruling where any traffic citation can lead to search or sth)...which led to him bringing out the K-9 dog..had a pos. ID ...and my personal property was searched...they found an aluminum pipe (tin foil) and searched my body and pulled out a glass pipe..tested positive for THC...grinder also...cops were hassling me the whole time (why are you shaking? Because you are making me nervous and the flashing lights are making me see tracers in my retina)... I tried not to make many smart ass remarks, but I have a history with Martin County and met a lot of the deputies and higher ups..anyways he asked me if I had a Medical Marijuana card (nope)...sign some papers for a citation to show up in Court later this month.

So I could have gone to jail, but I don't have money other than some petty cash in my wallet. Everything happened so fast that I just signed the papers and agreed to show up in Court. So I'll be sitting in were the Poor Folks sit in the pews. [esoteric meaning] Will contact an attorney and see if he can get me out of hot water. I walked 3 miles home.
    I have complete empathy. A similar event happened to me in Creedmoor NC 40 years ago, in 1979. It was passing with a solid double yellow, however the dashed section changed to solid. Illegal search too. A visit to the magistrate who said the last person caught with weed busted the glass out of the entry door. Yeh, I was extremely nervous, more f@@ked up from the Adrenalin of the situation of these red necks. To fast forward, at the court the judge says “he was passing illegally, smoking marijuana and he had fireworks in the car”. Well I did smoke about 30 minutes before and the smell was on my breath of mediocre weed and had fireworks from SC. They did drop the fireworks charge, but I got a misdemeanor for the weed charge. That was very significant since it affected my job, and security clearance. It was on my security paperwork forever and certainly impacted how “trusted” I could become. Glad this happened before Reagan took office, because It likely could have been worse with the hypocritical “War on Drugs”. Reagan’s war on drugs only defeated marijuana. Cocaine prices went down by a factor of 3 during his terms. He gave Harry Alsinger an award, and Alsinger started targeting minorities for marijuana use in the 1930s. Harry said that marijuana was corrupting our female teenagers and making them want to have sex with blacks and Mexicans, in Congressional meetings. It’s time to stop the lies.

Banned

Smoking a big MMJ roachweed joint

Blumenauer submitted the bill — dubbed the Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Act — amid the ongoing government shutdown, which has now stretched into its 20th day. The proposal would remove weed from the list of drugs outlined in the federal Controlled Substances Act and create a regulatory system that would be overseen by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), which would also be renamed to include marijuana.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/cannabi...-numbered-420/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sounds like a good idea to me. They should definitely allow growing your own though, whatever were to get passed.

Banned
    ^^^
    Agree and it’s high time for such a bill.

Malcolm Gladwell's article in the most recent issue of The New Yorker is very interesting. Gladwell looks at the issue not as an advocate for or against prohibition, but as someone who can't help but see that the "data are messy" in regards to cannabis. The scientific community has had little opportunity to do research. Think how much the we know about caffeine, nicotine, alcohol and opioids and then consider that comparisons have been made between THC and all four of those much better understood substances (pro-cannabis advocates suggesting it's on the more benign end of the spectrum; the opposition suggesting it's on the other end). Regardless of where you stand on the issue--for both personal and societal reasons, I favor legalization--I think we can all agree that there is just not enough known about THC, CBD or cannabis in general.

Here's a link to the article:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...fe-as-we-think
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Malcolm Gladwell's article in the most recent issue of The New Yorker is very interesting. Gladwell looks at the issue not as an advocate for or against prohibition, but as someone who can't help but see that the "data are messy" in regards to cannabis. The scientific community has had little opportunity to do research. Think how much the we know about caffeine, nicotine, alcohol and opioids and then consider that comparisons have been made between THC and all four of those much better understood substances (pro-cannabis advocates suggesting it's on the more benign end of the spectrum; the opposition suggesting it's on the other end). Regardless of where you stand on the issue--for both personal and societal reasons, I favor legalization--I think we can all agree that there is just not enough known about THC, CBD or cannabis in general.

Articles like this mostly make me think of the part in Robinson Crusoe where he has a fever, and he has to treat himself with whatever makes the most sense based on what he has. He makes himself some kind of concoction of tobacco leaves soaked in brandy. It makes him feel better, for whatever reason (maybe just the brandy). But whatever, he didn't have someone breathing down his neck with warnings and conflicting opinions. I've definitely had MJ relieve me of some stomach aches.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post

This video points out some of the less-than-scientific points made in that article: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W26o6v61JR0
    <sig out of order>

I’ll take a look at the viddy later but offer this in defense (not, mind you, that I care if Gladwell is right or not): the article acknowledges its own lack of science. Gladwell isn’t suggesting that pot causes schizophrenia; he’s suggesting we aren’t sure what it’s widespread usage causes. That’s a problem everyone needs to recognize.

Edit: I really can’t conceive of an interpretation of that article as “scaremongering.”
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

I've definitely had MJ relieve me of some stomach aches.
    I gave my good friend at least an extra year on this planet by enabling him to eat while he was undergoing treatment. "It's a life-saver," he told me.

That's good enough for me.

My primary care doc (& her predecessor who retired last year & was my doc for 30 years) both made comments to me like (paraphrasing) "You may have smoked recreationally for a long time, but based on your age, previous diagnoses, and studies regarding cannabis with those ailments, your use right now is 75-80% medicinal".
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman