Thread: Xavi Reija- The Sound Of The Earth

Xavi Reija- The Sound Of The Earth

This is one of the CD's I got for Christmas. It features Xavi Reija, Tony Levin, Markus Reuter and Dusan Jetovic. This is an incredible album that is almost Crimson (The ProjeKcTs) in structure and execution.

Has anyone heard this one yet? Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Arsw0gODl8U

Nope but I have the Resolution album by his trio with Jevtovic and Bernat Hernandez on bass, which is a peach. So will certainly check this out, thanks.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

^^
    The same here!
    Regards!.

Quote Originally Posted by progprinter View Post
    This is one of the CD's I got for Christmas. It features Xavi Reija, Tony Levin, Markus Reuter and Dusan Jetovic. This is an incredible album that is almost Crimson (The ProjeKcTs) in structure and execution.

Has anyone heard this one yet? Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Arsw0gODl8U
    There's multiple top level moments, frequently starting silent and ending loud, starting with no written material and ending with impressive walls of sound. Personal fave is The Sound of Earth pt.I when Markus starts an incredible soundscape. I love how this connects with the raw drumming by Xavi Reija.

Most of the tracks are entirely improvised by all band, few riffs at start. It's a good example of the direction MoonJune is becoming more and more known for, free-flowing sessions by masterful musicians, who can only partly be linked with jazz improvisation. Another great moment is Markus quoting a sort of ProjeKct-like chromatic involuted themes -I kind of spotted in From Darkness and The Sound of Earth pt.III.

Unashamedly posting a review I made http://www.musicforwatermelons.com/u...moonjune-2018/

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    It's quite good. Will be in my top 20 of 2018.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Banned
    IMO 'The Sound Of The Earth' is one of the greatest jazz-rock albums released by the drummers; i.e. right up next to the legendary albums like Billy Cobham's 'Spectrum' and Lenny White's ' Venusian Summer'.

Banned
    A nice & trippy official video of 'Serenity' from 'The Sound Of Earth' album.