Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2019

I feel for you 'geez. And I also agree with your comparison to cancer.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...aign=editorial[/QUOTE]

Please tell me that this is an elaborate, albeit premature, April Fools joke. Because if it isn't, just do away with the game & we'll watch video baseball. Oh the humanity...
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Robot umpires = awesome.

Everything else? Nah.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

The last thing I want to see is robot umpires, but not if we have to continue to suffer today's umpiring. What we need are better umpires and real accountability.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

LOVE the sound of that crack of that bat!

It might be a meaningless pre-season game, but this is quite a shot.

"The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    The last thing I want to see is robot umpires, but not if we have to continue to suffer today's umpiring. What we need are better umpires and real accountability.
    Umpires contribute nothing positive to the game. They're by far the worst part of the game today.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Up-and-down Spring for the Yankees. After signing new multi-year contracts, both Luis Severino and Aaron Hicks will miss opening day. Severino won't be ready until May. Not looking good. They can afford to take their time with each of them. They have no choice.

On the flip-side, Aaron Judge's new two-strike strategy seems to be paying off nicely. He is ready to roll. Today, the Blue Jays tried a four-man outfield against him. So, he launched one into the parking lot. Number 6 of the Spring.

And, true to form, Jacoby Ellsbury hasn't even made it to Tampa yet.

--

C'mon boys, let's talk some baseball.

Tyler Austin, who we acquired from the Yanks, is tearing it up this spring. The man definitely wants a job!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

^ You want to know who's really tearing it up? Ronald Acuna, Jr. The chatter down here isn't whether or not Acuna will improve on his rookie of the year campaign, but where he should bat (he wants to bat lead-off; management wants him batting clean-up) and if he could be an MVP contender.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

If Yelich continues hitting like he did last year AND in spring training right now, back-to-back MVPs aren't out of the question. His swing is art.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I'll leave it to the stat geeks to verify, but I can't think of a world series champion that goes into the next season almost completely with the same team they had in October.

Catcher - all the same
    1B - all the same
    2B - Kinsler rental gone, Pedroia back
    SS, 3B, INF util - all the same
    OF/DH - all the same
    SP - all the same
    RP - mostly the same, minus Kelly and Kimbrel
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Tyler Austin, who we acquired from the Yanks, is tearing it up this spring. The man definitely wants a job!
    The kid is a real talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    I'll leave it to the stat geeks to verify, but I can't think of a world series champion that goes into the next season almost completely with the same team they had in October.

Catcher - all the same
    1B - all the same
    2B - Kinsler rental gone, Pedroia back
    SS, 3B, INF util - all the same
    OF/DH - all the same
    SP - all the same
    RP - mostly the same, minus Kelly and Kimbrel
    But, they didn't fix their biggest problem: their bullpen.

Lavori in Corso.

Yankees top prospect Estevan Florial will be sidelined for the beginning of his Minor League season, having sustained a non-displaced right wrist fracture during New York's 17-7 Grapefruit League victory over the Blue Jays on Saturday at George M. Steinbrenner Field.

Here we go. He was having a great Spring, too. Look for him next year, as he still needs time in the minors. Maybe later this season.

The Angels have signed Trout to a 12-year, $430M extension.

I guess he didn't want to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post

Just walk him unless you are blowing them out.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

He got a $430 million guaranteed contract.

He won.

Yeah, the pen that helped the Sox go 11-3 in the post season. I guess what you mean is they decided not to spend millions on relief pitching. This is true. They have brought in guys to compete for jobs and have some young minor league arms that may well contribute as well. Relievers can be a volatile bunch. We'll see how it goes.

And speaking of...I see that Betances is now having a shoulder issue as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ledsox View Post
    Yeah, the pen that helped the Sox go 11-3 in the post season. I guess what you mean is they decided not to spend millions on relief pitching. This is true. They have brought in guys to compete for jobs and have some young minor league arms that may well contribute as well. Relievers can be a volatile bunch. We'll see how it goes.

And speaking of...I see that Betances is now having a shoulder issue as well.
    Yep, that's the bullpen. You have to admit their middle relief gave you anxiety.

Betances hasn't had velocity. Hopefully, the rest will help.

Hurry, look! The Orioles are in first place:

https://www.mlb.com/standings

Sure, it's alphabetically ...

So, Syndegaard (sp?) complains about the Mets' decision to make the team go to Syracuse yesterday, and they get held up for three hours during the travel. He's also complained about the way the team is handling Jake DeGrom's contract status, but they seem to have rectified that with a five-year deal.

Thor seems rather unhappy with the team. I was surprised to hear that DeGrom signed.

The eons are closing
    Very low key announcement on that...didn't even here about it at the office until 10 minutes ago and just checked in here.

As a Mets fan, I am pleased this issue was handled prior to season.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Thor seems rather unhappy with the team.
    Maybe he wanted to move across town. There was talk.

Maybe he wanted to move across town. There was talk.
    Doesn't everyone, even if they've never played baseball, want to be a Yankee??
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

If he cuts his hair, he’ll lose his powers.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.