Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohemian Rhapsody - The Movie: Official Trailer

Bohemian Rhapsody - The Movie: Official Trailer

Looks like it good be a good movie about one of the great progressive bands of the 70's. Although it's really more about Freddie.

https://youtu.be/cN10tfVW0UY
    Last edited by 5150; 07-19-2018 at 07:10 PM.

This is already being talked about in the Movies thread...

I'm thinking this movie can only be a disappointment, hope I'm wrong.
    Having actually watched the trailer - I am wrong.
    Last edited by Steve983; 07-20-2018 at 03:23 AM.

It's got me digging out my Queen albums to discover them all over again, which can't be a bad thing.

Hopefully cinema audiences will feel the same way after seeing the movie.

This one might actually get me out to a movie theatre! After watching Mr. Robot I didn't think I'd be able to see Rami Malek as any other character, but now seeing this trailer, I'm thinking that he may be one of the more talented actors out there.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    I'm thinking this movie can only be a disappointment, hope I'm wrong.
    Having actually watched the trailer - I am wrong.
    Anything that Hollywood puts out about rock and roll is likely to miss the mark. I've gotta admit though, this one looks promising.

Jon Neudorf
    Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    This is already being talked about in the Movies thread...
    IMO this deserves it's own thread.

Jon

i feel another Best Of Queen collection is in the works to coincide with the film.
    as a longtime fan of Queen, i know there will be nothing in this movie we don't already know already.
    the actors who play Freddie & Brian look really good. a possible Oscar nod for Rami?
    the DVD will probably be out for Christmas...

Looks awesome

The trailer is interesting. I'll probably see it. But, Sacha Baron Cohen would have been perfect playing Freddie. I'm disappointed that he dropped out of the project.

Didn't they go a bit overboard with Freddie's teeth? In the scenes where he has a mustache, his upper lip is pushed out so much the 'stache is in danger of disappearing up his nose...
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Didn't they go a bit overboard with Freddie's teeth?
    Yes.

Freddie started sporting the mustashe in 1980, but yet their showing him with it during the News sessions in '77.

Unintentionally hilarious is what this film is likely to be on the basis of that trailer. I'm in!

Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    i feel another Best Of Queen collection is in the works to coincide with the film.
    as a longtime fan of Queen, i know there will be nothing in this movie we don't already know already.
    the actors who play Freddie & Brian look really good. a possible Oscar nod for Rami?
    the DVD will probably be out for Christmas...
    I think we must be well beyond peak 'Best Of Queen'. There must be a Best Of for every person on the planet, even if they can't remember buying a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Halmyre View Post
    I think we must be well beyond peak 'Best Of Queen'. There must be a Best Of for every person on the planet, even if they can't remember buying a copy.
    "...he was listening to a Best of Queen tape, but no conclusions should be drawn from this because all tapes left in a car for more than about a fortnight metamorphose into Best of Queen albums." (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    "...he was listening to a Best of Queen tape, but no conclusions should be drawn from this because all tapes left in a car for more than about a fortnight metamorphose into Best of Queen albums." (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)
    Heh, exactly what I was thinking.

Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman quotes in a thread about Queen. Really doesn't get much better than that.

I do have the book and have read it but it's been so long I forget even what it was about except it was really cool.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

I watched the movie yesterday I quite liked it. There are some glaring anachronisms (for example, Fat Bottomed Girls playing in 1975 or We Will Rock You being written in 1980), but most of the audience won't know these details.
    The performance of the guy who plays Freddie is really superb! This was the most convincing part of the film. I wonder what would have Freddie said about it...

My neice and boyfriend went to see it and said it sucked pretty badly, as expected. What particular amused me was that apparently they have been a little 'creative' in respect of when Freddie found out about his AIDS diagnosis, apparently placing it just before the climactic performance at Live Aid for extra dramatic effect.😀

Obviously brought to you by the same people who had the USA cracking the Enigma Machine.....

I thought it was really good. And I don't even like Queen that much.

The NY Times panned it.

I always thought the phrase was "that's entertainment" rather than "that's encyclopedic".
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

If you are looking for something historically accurate, I suggest you find one of the many documentaries on Freddie and the band.

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, especially the Live Aid portion. Malek played an excellent Freddie despite the excessive (even for Mercury) overbite. The rest of the actors playing the band members were fine in their roles. I thought the Mary-Freddie dynamic (while probably not entirely historically accurate) was done well in the film.

Two stick microphones up for me!
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

The critics don't like it, but everyone I know who saw it, including myself LOVED IT!!! It was awesome, and I would gladly see it again in the theater.

The critics don't like it because it wasn't about Freddy's struggle with AIDs, which you know is an easy Oscar. They probably also think Queen is an empty band that makes anthems and has nothing to say. The movie instead is about the band QUEEN and how they conquered the world in their own way. All the main characters were likable and the music was fantastic and powerful. It was simply a celebration of QUEEN.