Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: What prog does your Significant Other like?

Quote Originally Posted by Nijinsky Hind View Post
    Yeah Melanie, the kids were pretty much raised on Disney produced hitmakers. Teenagers now. Much of the music I love would get my membership here voided, but it all started for me in the early 70s with KC, YES, Genesis, Tull, ELP and more... and I wont let go of those. Have found much new prog thats just great.
    Do tell. I am intrigued to hear about the music that will get your membership voided. LOL :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by melanieshiffman View Post
    Do tell. I am intrigued to hear about the music that will get your membership voided. LOL :-)

Most of it is pretty old still... Buzzocks, The Damned, Fear, Dead boys, plugz, Xray spex, sex pistols, X

But then... Willie nelson, Merle haggard... Julie london.... Jeez the list goes on forever

But Prog is the rock upon which I have built my shack.

Oh and any lowrider oldie I can dig up.
    Last edited by Nijinsky Hind; 09-20-2016 at 01:32 PM.
    Still alive and well...

Punk...love it!

Yeah me too. Old school punk.
    Still alive and well...

Quote Originally Posted by musicislife View Post
    Trust me, we all have guilty pleasures we'd prefer not to discuss. Any parent who had kids of Disney age does. But please, I don't wanna hear anything about no Monkees.
    I love The Monkees! Not ashamed either. Grew up with their music and the tv show. Saw them a few tours back with Mike, Mickey and Peter. Large fun!

I'll admit it. I'm shallow.
    I married in large part due to her taste in music.

The only thing I sneer at in her entire collection is Culture Club. She's probably a bigger King Crimson fan than me (and I love them)and probably Fish and Marillion too. (Boy, did I create a monster with that one. I introduced her to Marillion.)
    Last edited by ytserush; 09-24-2016 at 06:00 PM.

Orcopian
    Before we were married I took my wife to be to see Karnataka (twice) mostly Autumn and stream of passion, thinking that they were mainstream enough for her to enjoy, which they seemed to be. Damien Wilson was performing with stream of passion and was a big hit with her in particular. After that I must have got a bit cocky and took her to see the flower kings who unfortunately kicked of with a 30 minute track (are they still doing the same song?).... So we've not been to any more prog gigs together since. To balance things out i went along with her to see Madonna and James blunt, we've seen u2 together a couple of times ( they are her favourite band). One band we saw together who I always thought were on the proggy end of pop were athlete (around the time of their wires single). That was a great gig they were very good. We've not been to many gigs together in recent years, the last 2 were steeleye span and an Eagles cover band, both at our local theatre.