Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MORSEFEST! - 2 Day Concert w/Neal Morse - November 14-15, 2014

MORSEFEST! - 2 Day Concert w/Neal Morse - November 14-15, 2014

"Welcome to my parlor, said the spider to the fly."

I was hoping for Steve
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

I'd certainly love to hear them play "One" in it's entirety. A vastly underrated album of his. I'm tired of the whole Testimony thing, though there is fine music on it.

i think One is his best solo prog release. i like all his releases to varying degrees, but here he just put it all together with a great concept. for something heavier, i like to listen to Sola. these 2 probably get the most spins from me.

$100 extra for appetizers and Name That Tune with Mike Portnoy??

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Cut it to $50 and I'll come over to your place Fred, we can play darts!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I'm worried there won't be enough worship at this event.

This is very exciting for us Morse-heads! If there's no PN15, I hope to go to this great fest. Aw, what am I saying, Neal is my #1 prog artist, so I am thrilled and hoping to go!!!!!!!!!! The Neal Morse Band (with Portnoy) has consistently been one of my best concert experiences ever, and I actually rate them even over Transatlantic (due to Neal being center stage, I think), so there's no better band to see.

The $100 for VIP doesn't bother me at all, it's for meet & greet, photo, T-shirt, poster, Name that Tune, food, etc..., makes sense to me. These kinds of bonuses are business as usual at this point: more opportunities for the fanboys, and more income for the artists...sounds like a win-win to me.

I think everyone's agreed that One is his best - or "one" of his best - solo releases, so that's a slam dunk. I'm less excited about Testimony 1, but it will certainly be a very moving concert, and that's what I love Neal for -- his emotion and enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    Cut it to $50 and I'll come over to your place Fred, we can play darts!
    That's more like it!!

I may just invest in this. I love Neal, Mike, and Randy's playing (as well as the material), so...if I can make it work I will.
    'The smell of strange colours are heard everywhere'- Threshold

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Hey, if someone wants to pay for it, why not?

This fest is a great thing for fans of Neal Morse. A lot of acts should do something like this. Some prog bands complain that the $$ is not there, but they need to also think outside the box a bit more and consider hosting their own events such as this one. Make it an interactive event and spend as much time with the fans as possible. I know Marillion does something like that, but more should attempt that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post

This fest is a great thing for fans of Neal Morse. A lot of acts should do something like this. Some prog bands complain that the $$ is not there, but they need to also think outside the box a bit more and consider hosting their own events such as this one. Make it an interactive event and spend as much time with the fans as possible. I know Marillion does something like that, but more should attempt that.
    Totally agree.

Have the fans come to you, and you cut out all of those travel costs, buses, hotels, shipping and moving equipment, etc. Has to be a much better profit margin for something like this than you'd have with a "mini-tour."
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post

I know, I agree. I just thought it sounded humorously off the wall.

I am in for the VIP. Looking forward to. Wondering who will be there to play. Recently saw the Live in India dvd. Thought he had a great band for that, so that would be cool. Though, with him doing Testimony, I wonder if some of the musicians from that era may show up as well.

Too bad Roine and Pete can't make it. OR CAN THEY??

Should be interesting.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Live in India? Was that an Inner Circle release?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Live in India? Was that an Inner Circle release?
    Si, last month's.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    Oh Jesus!
    you were expecting Mohammad?

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Just watched the Live in India DVD this weekend and am sure glad I got to see this band in the beautiful confines of Le Gesu in Montreal rather than from among the mass of humanity seen in this DVD!

Getting very psyched for this upcoming weekend's Morsefest festival. It's going to be an AMAZING amount of music crammed into less than 48 hours! They've been setting up at the venue (Neal's church, very apropos) and rehearsing there all week. Sound mixed by Rich Mouser. The Neal Morse Band playing with tons of special guests. EPIC is the only word for it!

Who else is going?

I will be there. Doing the full experience. Both shows, the inner circle acoustic set, a morning worship service, and the VIP experience.

Should be great!

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I'm worried there won't be enough worship at this event.

Actually, this is the main reason why I would not attend the event. But I do wish Neal every success.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Received yesterday from Radiant.

"Hello all,

Greetings from Megan! To those of you coming to [MORSE]fest, I'd like to extend a special invitation from Neal and Chris. The morning immediately following the festival, our regular church service will be taking place - this is the church that Neal attends and where the festival is being held. We would love for any of who can to join us in Sunday morning worship.

Further, we will have a baptismal available, and Neal and Chris would be honored to baptize any of who might feel to take that step in your faith. There will be no need to RSVP. Simply come, and we'll do what it takes to make sure everyone who desires will get this chance."

I think progfan915 is regretting his decision now.

And anybody who even contemplates asking whether Neal is charging extra for the baptism is going straight to Hell.

Wish I could make this, tough time of the year for both work and the wallet. I am sure it will be great for the fans!