Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Neal Morse solo album

Music video for the lead single off of Neal Morse's album, Songs From November, set to be released August 19, 2014.

Nice arrangements. Lyrically a little cliché but that's OK. Overall I like it. I haven't heard anything by Neal in a decade and I find that his voice is losing some of it's power...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

One of his best vocal performances ever. The Gospel BGVs really bowled me over.

Neal is certainly a great songcrafter... gotta give him that
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

I like it. Anyone know who the guys in the band are? They are not Neal's normal cohorts.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I like it. Anyone know who the guys in the band are? They are not Neal's normal cohorts.
    Wil Morse, piano; Gabe Klein, drums; Asa Wiggins, bass; and Regina and Ann McCrary, background vocals,

It's a very nice song.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    Wil Morse, piano; Gabe Klein, drums; Asa Wiggins, bass; and Regina and Ann McCrary, background vocals,
    I wondered if that was his son, as he looks a lot like him.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    That is indeed Neal's son Wil.

New "Neal Morse Band" album begins recording next month too, according to a recent Portnoy tweet.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Does anybody know where I can get a digital download of this disc outside of the Radiant Records website? I refuse to create an account there giving more info than is required just to buy a product that will not be physically sent to me. iTunes has everything Neal Morse but this release...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    New "Neal Morse Band" album begins recording next month too, according to a recent Portnoy tweet.
    It is a whole band writing project. The rough demos from a few months ago are very intriguing. I'm really looking forward to hear what happens in the upcoming sessions. I've been digging the initial ideas in the car for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam George View Post
    It is a whole band writing project. The rough demos from a few months ago are very intriguing. I'm really looking forward to hear what happens in the upcoming sessions. I've been digging the initial ideas in the car for months.
    Thanks, Pam! Great to get a little inside scoop. I read somewhere they were actually thinking this would release the first quarter of 2015. Does that seem right?

Any overlap with their rehearsals/recording of the new album and then the upcoming Morsefest?

My daughter turns 16 this weekend coming up.

I was just listening to "Daddy's Daughter" from Songs From November.
    Damn you Neal, you made me cry

(in all seriousness....thanks for the music! I do enjoy Neal's pop side from time to time )