Thread: Magellan plays 25 or 6 To 4 Chicago Cover.

Magellan plays 25 or 6 To 4 Chicago Cover.

www.magellansongs.com and the entire band esp. Robert Lamm love what they did with it. It's on Soundcloud and for sale at iTUNES.

I like it a lot. It's energetic and interesting. Not a fan of the electro/techno sounds, but I guess they keep it more modern/contemporary. There are enough great bits that make it a good listen. And the great moments really are great.

Sooooo much better than Chicago's rather turgid remake. Awesome.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

This is great, thanks! Good to see that Magellan are still active.

They always put their own stamp on covers that I've heard, Tales of Yesterday et al. If they did a full covers album it would be an auto buy!

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    They always put their own stamp on covers that I've heard, Tales of Yesterday et al. If they did a full covers album it would be an auto buy!
    Tbh, I don't see a point if somebody "remakes" something almost exactly like the original. That's what the original is for - if you like it, listen to it. I think there are quiet a bit of people who don't like covers and reimaginings and sometimes I also don't see a point in them. These reimaginings should be different enough but they should also be good.
    I think that most bands have done covers at some point, even the top bands.
    Btw, there is one covers album that Trent Gardner and Robert Berry did together and that is the ELP one - Encores Legends & Paradox. I like it a lot.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Great track, and nice description (on the Magellan site) of the recording process. Thanks for posting.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    Great track, and nice description (on the Magellan site) of the recording process. Thanks for posting.

Sure no sweat. I always like to share events that some may never discover. It is pretty good huh? Been a Magellan fan since I bought Hour Of Restoration in 1991.