Thread: YouTube on Your Tube

YouTube on Your Tube

Some of you probably know about this and are thinking, "DUH!" but I didn't and I thought I'd share this with others who didn't either. My 90 year old dad taught me this trick:

There's a thing called "Free YouTube Downloader" that lets you copy YT videos to your computer's hard drive. Then you can load those videos onto a USB flash drive, stick the flash drive into a USB port in your Blu-ray player and watch them on your TV. The downloader can even improve the quality of those videos when you convert them to files on your computer. So I bought a USB flash drive for $10 + tax and so far I have 10 YT concerts stored in a thing that's smaller than a Bic mini lighter. Cool!

http://youtubedownloader.com/

My Apple products let me stream YT to the TV via Apple TV. It's free (with the hardware purchase...)

I used to use a version of RealPlayer that let you download vids and then switched to YTD Video Downloader. The problem with YTD is with every update they try to slide in some crap program named Spigot that wants to take over your browser. The only good thing about YTD is that it also works on downloading vids of a personal adult nature. Ahem. But I'll give this new one a try.

Anyway, I've been downloading vids from YouTube for quite a while, especially concerts. I also managed to snag that video of that young lady dancing to Roundabout. Yeah, that one.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I use a Mozilla Firefox add-on called "Ant Downloader," which sounds like the same thing No Pride is talking about. I have a few things downloaded, but really haven't explored it for doing too much.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I've been downloading from Internet Archive to flash drive to bluray to tv. I've done the replace www with ss in the vid to d-load from Youtube , but i get a big scary warning from my computer. But I ignore it, nothing bad has happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I also managed to snag that video of that young lady dancing to Roundabout. Yeah, that one.
    I have seen short snippets of that used in ads without the music.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

We have Direct TV and they have a youtube app that you can search and play direct though the cable box. The only real pain is you have to type your youtube search in with the TV remote which sucks...
    Check out my solo project prog band, Mutiny in Jonestown at https://mutinyinjonestown.bandcamp.com/

Check out my solo project progressive doom metal band, WytchCrypt at https://wytchcrypt.bandcamp.com/