Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A truly incredibly stupid question about commercials

Advertising is one of the true evils in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2014 View Post
    I'm with you on this for sure. She's the reason I started watching Big Bang Theory in the first place.
    She is cute, but she'd probably have to get naked to get me to watch BBT.

You want creepy. How about using a woman's ass to sell insurance?

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I'm for it.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    I'm for it.
    Badonk-a-donk .

By the way, I've started paying more attention to the Sprint commercials with the hamster. I didn't know the hamster was the dad. His New York accent cracks me up. A hamster from New York City ....

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    A hamster from New York City ....
    You'd think the feral cats would've gotten him.

The right ass could probably sell me anything.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    The right ass could probably sell me anything.
    The left ass must be too cheeky in it's sales technique ....

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2014 View Post
    I find this funny, you don't seem to have a problem with creepiness in music, but with marionettes. That's ok, I worked with a woman who was actually creeped out by dogs dressed as people. Obviously she was no fan of William Wegman.
    I am not creeped out by marionettes per se-we have some Pelham puppets here someplace and I took puppetry as a college elective. I am actually quite fond of puppets. Huge marionettes that, although seemingly sentient, are controlled by unseen entity through solid ceilings and walls via huge black "wires"-that is creepy as shit. Plus, they are very emotionally needy and insecure. And that one with the wife in the bedroom and the sex dancing and posing and the idea this guy is screwing a puppet (they have a child) is more freaky than looking for a TV remote in a hotel room and finding a dead body under the bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    Huge marionettes that, although seemingly sentient, are controlled by unseen entity through solid ceilings and walls via huge black "wires"-that is creepy as shit. Plus, they are very emotionally needy and insecure. And that one with the wife in the bedroom and the sex dancing and posing and the idea this guy is screwing a puppet (they have a child) is more freaky than looking for a TV remote in a hotel room and finding a dead body under the bed.
    You *may* be overthinking this : )

Great spot

"am I still pretty"?

"thats kind of jazzy"

Wow

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

^^^^^^^
    Yeah, that scene is creepier than the entire film of Team America including the sex scene and that's saying something.

and the sex dancing and posing and the idea this guy is screwing a puppet (they have a child)

I sorta thought the same thing. Sounds painfull for hubby. I gotta admit the puppet wife is kinda cute and sexy.

Only if it's my ass

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    She is cute, but she'd probably have to get naked to get me to watch BBT.
    Really? I think it's an incredibly funny show. I initially just watched it for her, and to my surprise ended up laughing my butt off. I love all the sci-fi references, there are a ton of them.

I gotta admit the puppet wife is kinda cute and sexy.
    Dude.....

TV ads present a creepy world

I don't see what's so "creepy" about the Sprint, puppets. It's weird, dumb, strange, stupid, funny, whatever, but I don't see why people are "creeped" out by it.

Now, let's talk about Flo for a second. When is Progressive Ins. gonna get tired of Flo? I mean, how long has "Flo" been on TV for those commercials? At least 5-6 years? Flo is cute (BTW, I'd like to see her naked. And she's not fat either, you guys just expect a stick figure, like the puppet chick) but she stopped being funny years ago.

The puppets alone are not creepy, aside from being emotionally needy. The GUY who is turned on by a puppet dancing is the creep factor. If this were a horror movie, he'd have heads in his freezer.
    Last edited by Rune Blackwings; 07-28-2014 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Tofu made me do it

Yeah okm so if hubby wasn't human and he was a puppet then you wouldn't be so creeped out. I usually hit the remote control when those commercials come on. The only one I find really hilarious is the one where the old man puppet wants to fight with "hubby." Wanna dance punk? (or something like that)

Now, let's talk about Flo for a second. When is Progressive Ins. gonna get tired of Flo? I mean, how long has "Flo" been on TV for those commercials? At least 5-6 years? Flo is cute (BTW, I'd like to see her naked. And she's not fat either, you guys just expect a stick figure, like the puppet chick) but she stopped being funny years ago.
    I've seen enough of "Jan" from Toyota, too.

Flo and Jan can go.

Wendy's girl ("Red," apparently) and the AT&T Wireless chick can stay.

I sorta thought the same thing. Sounds painfull for hubby. I gotta admit the puppet wife is kinda cute and sexy.
    Go ahead and sport your own wood for her and then let us know how it is trying to get the splinters out.

How cute is she now, hmmmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Flo and Jan can go.

Wendy's girl ("Red," apparently) and the AT&T Wireless chick can stay.
    I have to agree about Flo, she is just annoying in those Progressive ads. Some guys find her attractive, really? She does nothing for me. Jan from the Toyota ads is pretty, I don't find the ads annoying.

The Wendy's girl is, well, Wendy. They haven't said it, but of course the logo for Wendy's has a little red headed girl, which was based on founder Dave Thomas's daughter. I'm not into red heads, but I do find the actress attractive. And I really like "Lily" from the AT&T ads, very cute.