Thread: Keith Emerson-At the Movies

Keith Emerson-At the Movies

KEITH EMERSON - At The Movies - Clamshell Boxset Edition (3 CD) - GBP 16.99 (released 28/07/2014)

Following the break-up of Emerson, Lake and Palmer at the end of the 1970s, Keith Emerson ventured into the world of film soundtrack composition with his score for Italian director Dario Aregento’s horror film “Inferno” in 1980. This led to Emerson being commissioned to compose and perform the music for the film “Nighthawks” in 1981. A succession of film scores followed for directors in Italy, Japan and the United States. “At the Movies” gathers together Keith’s music for seven movies; “Nighthawks”, Best Revenge”, “Inferno”, La Chiesa (The Church)”, “Muderock”, “Harmagedon” and “Godzilla Final Wars”. The set also includes an illustrated booklet with new essay and photographs.

Very cool. I've been waiting to get Inferno on CD for ages. And I know Ed Macan spoke glowingly about Keith's other soundtrack music.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Inferno and Nighthawks are both very good, Nighthawks is even excellent. Both movies and scores are worth checking out.
    Sometime ago I watched Murderock, well...did not think much of it at all. Some kind of a mediocre slasher. Don't remember what the score was like.
    Of the others I think I've only heard La Chiesa - a hypnotic film with a hypnotic soundtrack.
    I don't think I've watched/listened to the rest.

Nighthawks features a discoed up version of "I'm a Man" with, perhaps, Keith's finest vocal performance. Ever.

I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

This was originally released 2005. Some very nice material!
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

This is a great set. Cool to see it reissued.

The Godzilla stuff is said to be comprised mainly of the Rubicon Suite that ELP were about to record until it all fizzled away again. I sure would love it if someone posted that on You Tube. Never heard a note.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Nighthawks features a discoed up version of "I'm a Man" with, perhaps, Keith's finest vocal performance. Ever.

"I have athlete's voice. When I sing,people tend to run a mile."-Keith Emerson on MTV when ELPowell were the VeeJays. I still have it on vhs tape from 1986.