Thread: Wishbone Ash-Argus 2CD Deluxe edition

Wishbone Ash-Argus 2CD Deluxe edition

Any opinions on the sound quality of these CD's?

It's the one that came out circa 2007 that was remastered by Paschal Byrne and has the Radio one "in concert" gig and a few bbc sessions on the second disc.

Byrne's stuff can be all over the place(sometimes very light touch, other times heavily compressed or no noised), so i'm not sure it's worth picking up.

i don't have argus at all on CD and i'm not looking for audiophile quality or anything, just as long as it's not been brick-walled or otherwise butchered.

Hopefully it's at least the original mix?

Wasn't the first remaster a new mix?

I don't have the DE, sorry. I have heard the Japan SACD and it sounds phenomenal, but it's pricey.

The 2002 version was a remix. Bizarrely the 2002 CD removed the spaceship from the cover!

I have an old 2-cd of this album with 'Pilgrimage'. That's a good one to get as it came out before any remixing.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    The 2002 version was a remix. Bizarrely the 2002 CD removed the spaceship from the cover!
    The spaceship was removed on almost every CD version ever released, I believe.... I've only seen it on the jap mini-Lp that I own
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.