Thread: High-Concept Artist Contact Methods

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

High-Concept Artist Contact Methods

I get so annoyed with artists that have crazy shit like Gabriel's "Full Moon Club," and of course Jobson's Zealot's Lounge. Just have a friggin' mailing list, and use it! Tull has finally recently used the mailing list to advertise the PP remaster, but IA has hardly ever used that mailing list.

Come on, it's 2014 - Marillion have been doing this for over 20 years I think! It's like you're having a party, and instead of just calling or emailing friends, you either do nothing, or make them sign onto some stupid website in order to even find out about the party.

I feel like I might have seen Gabriel's last tour if he'd just had a regular mailing list...

No idea what you're talking about.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I guess I wasn't that clear - Gabriel has a site you can register at, he sometimes posts video updates but he never seems notify subscribers of the updates or tour dates. It's sporadic.

So, is it meant to be a fan portal? Does it offer merchandizing and tour dates? Does he have a Twitter or Facebook account that does the same?

Still not sure what your objection is.