Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TD -Electronic Meditation

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Did I miss something with Tone Float??
    Primitive hippie freakouts, everybody sitting in a circle playing bongos and flutes.

Maybe that's important to you.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Primitive hippie freakouts, everybody sitting in a circle playing bongos and flutes.

Maybe that's important to you.
    Not certain it is... I'd have to sample it before investing...
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by mellotron storm View Post
    Tone Float and Electronic Meditation are two albums that beg to be compared with one another, great call!
    Interesting how both bands really changed their style from their first releases, in fact looking at both band's first five or six albums it's such an interesting journey, to see how they got from point A to point B as it were.
    The same arguably goes for Can, whose earliest recordings border on primitive garage-mayhem.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    The same arguably goes for Can, whose earliest recordings border on primitive garage-mayhem.
    I just played Electronic Meditation and Tone Float back to back and man I like that TD album even better than I remembered. Quite a bit of mayhem on this one, very powerful at times while Tone Float is very trippy with percussion, flute and floating organ leading the way, just not nearly as dynamic as Electronic Meditation.
    Great reference with the early Can recorings and one might reference Xhol Caravan's Electrip from 1969 although it has vocals, humour and a clear Jazz flavour that the other two don't.
    "The wind is slowly tearing her apart"
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten