Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eddie Jobson 2 (Blu-Ray) DVD Releases in Sept.....

Eddie Jobson 2 (Blu-Ray) DVD Releases in Sept.....

An update regarding the Japanese release by Ward Records of Eddie's "Four Decades" DVD. Ward Records has decided to release the live concert in multiple formats (DVD, Blu-Ray, standard double CD, Platinum SHM double CD, along with a number of special box sets with additional goodies). Likewise for the UK concert video (titled "Curtain Call"). All are scheduled for a September 24, 2014 release in Japan. Pre-sale for members of the Zealots Lounge will start tonight - be sure to check your email for a Lounge Newsletter; information is also available in "EJ's Notes" in the Lounge. And, if you're in Tokyo, Japan (or plan to be on July 20th), there's a few additional surprises for members - details in the Z'Lounge. There is currently no word on release dates for other countries, however, we will update you as soon as that information is available.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Note that purchasers of the Double Platinum SHM CD ($250 US) also receive a 12" figurine of Eddie.

I can't wait to buy this used!

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Hope that either will sound better than the "Reunion-Live in Tokyo" DVD.

I think there is a better copy on Dime.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Yeah but the Dime copy doesn't include a glossy 8x11 picture of a prog crackhole, signed by EJ and JW
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I like the way Eddie makes his music so affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Yeah but the Dime copy doesn't include a glossy 8x11 picture of a prog crackhole, signed by EJ and JW
    I think you can also download pictures of a prog buttcrack.............
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

From the "Zealots' Lounge" site front page:

WELCOME TO THE ZEALOTS LOUNGE!
    The Lounge is the ONLY place for exclusive access to Eddie Jobson's music, videos, meet-and-greet events, concert pre-sales and more, FREE or at special Zealots' low pricing. The annual subscription is US $25 for standard membership, $55 for full membership. Login above, or click here to "Join the Lounge".

And ONLY $55 for full membership!!! Holy crap!! Too rich for me. And if you don't join, you can't even see a preview of what is in the "Lounge".

What music is on these that isn't on the UK Reunion Live disc? Eddie probably doesn't have Warner Bro's backing him up on the production so that explains the high cost.

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    No photographs are allowed under penalty of EJ

I'm Jobsoned out.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I like the way Eddie makes his music so affordable.
    And accessible
    "I want to be someone, who someone would want to be." Marillion

Which shows were recorded for these releases?

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Laughable thought for the day:Cost of the blu-ray DVD of 4 Decades tour....$160.00....What a money whore....

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    Laughable thought for the day:Cost of the blu-ray DVD of 4 Decades tour....$160.00....What a money whore....
    Eddie is the Rolls Royce of Prog Rock. He's not for the common street progger.

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    That's a mere $40 per decade, come on!!

I'd be interested, but not at those prices...is that before or after membership dues?

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    Which shows were recorded for these releases?
    Well, me, the Four Decades show is from one of the 9-12 Nov 2013 Japanese dates; I'm guessing one of the Tokyo shows with John Wetton and Sonja Kristina guesting. The set list was: violin solo, "Armin", "It Happened Today", "U.H.F.", "Elfin Boy", "Metamorphosis", "Out of the Blue", "Läther", "Presto Vivace", "In the Dead of Night", "By the Light of Day", "Presto Vivace and Reprise", "Rendezvous 6.02", "Carrying No Cross", "Alaska", "Resident", "Who My Friends...", "Prelude", "Nostalgia", "Spheres of Influence", "Inner Secrets", "Radiation", "Houston", "TU-95", "Through the Glass"; encore: "Young Mother", "Caesar's Palace Blues", "Forever Until Sunday".

The UK show was on 8 Nov 2013 in Japan. Set list: "In the Dead of Night", "By the Light of Day", "Presto Vivace and Reprise", "Thirty Years", "Alaska", "Time to Kill", "Nevermore", "Mental Medication", Minnemann solo, "Danger Money", "Rendezvous 6:02", "The Only Thing She Needs", "Caesar's Palace Blues", "Nothing to Lose", "Carrying No Cross"; encore: "Waiting for You", "Night After Night", "As Long as You Want Me Here". I.e., this was all of UK and Danger Money in order, with the encore consisting of the two additional songs on Night After Night and "Waiting for You", another song from the 1979 tour that was never released. (So, the only UK piece they did not perform was the non-album b-side "When will You Realize?".)

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

I have a hard time believing that a concert bluray goes for $160, Jobson, or not. There must be a lesser priced one, without scads of bells and whistles. I mean, there must.....

neil

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    I have a hard time believing that a concert bluray goes for $160, Jobson, or not. There must be a lesser priced one, without scads of bells and whistles. I mean, there must.....

neil
    Yeah, I agree. It just doesn't make sense. Maybe EJ needs to learn some basic economics: you don't maximize your profit by charging sky-high prices.

But I would pay $50 for just the 2 DVDs as per Henry's description.

Blu-Ray holds a lot of bits and they cost money!!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    For $160 it should include a Blow Job-son.

Pre-Ordering info for Eddie's Box Sets:

http://wardrecords.com/SHOP/WRDZZ110_OS.html

Why doesn't he just go through Burning Shed......I just don't get it....

I wonder how much yen it costs to go to the "Special Fan Event" where he will talk about clips from the DVD and sign an EJ item for you? It must cost a bit, because he's having a lottery where you can win a ticket to get in. But only for the first 100 who pre-order BOTH BOX SETS have a lucky chance at that prize.... Will he really get 100 double orders? I can't even believe 100 fans would show up just to hear him talk.