Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tickets Now on Sale for ProgDay 2014!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I don't know if smoking is allowed or not, but I've very rarely seen it anywhere near the main viewing areas . There's enough room that someone can easily move far enough away, have a smoke, not miss anything , and not disturb anyone else. One year some woman sitting near the front smoked her face off and it was really out of place and inappropriate. Basically there's enough free space for considerate people to do what they want without harshing anyone else's mellow. I'm sure the ProgDay site has the fine print.

Quote Originally Posted by augdimsus View Post
    Never been to ProgDay, but I'm strongly inclined to buy a Patron Pass this year. Hoping someone can help with questions:

1) Is smoking allowed at Storybook Farm? If so, is it easy to find a smoke-free spot reasonably close to the stage?

2) Looking at the caveat about 300 advance Weekend Passes available in case of the weather move to The Arts Center...does "Weekend Passes" include "Patron Passes" (in other words, is a Patron Pass basically a Weekend Pass with Storybook Farm close-parking privileges)?

Thank you!
    Great to hear you are considering coming to ProgDay this year (our 20th Anniversary Edition) and with a Patron Pass! We'd love to have you join us!

To answer your questions:

(1) Smoking is certainly allowed at Storybook, as there is plenty of open space for people to enjoy - and folks can easily walk-around the entire site, to include up to the stage. That said, everyone is considerate of their immediate surroundings and whether there are non-smokers in the general vicinity, and tend to make adjustments, accordingly. During the years I've been attending ProgDay, I've never seen a problem with smoking close to the stage. Most smokers take their breaks away from that area.

(2) You are correct - the Patron Pass will have the same advantage for entrance into The Arts Center, in the event of inclement weather. It has the added benefit of close-in parking, about 200+ feet from the stage.

Hope to see you at the festivities!

Debi

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Basically there's enough free space for considerate people to do what they want without harshing anyone else's mellow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pook1973 View Post
    ...everyone is considerate of their immediate surroundings...
    Many thanks, that's the info I hoped for--bought a Patron Pass, looking forward to a weekend of enjoyable music!

I was going to buy my Patron pass last week, but now my son is moving from Reno to San Diego in a few weeks, and I guess I volunteered to rent a mini-van and help him haul his stuff down there. He will be able to reimburse me some for the trip, but it looks like the Patron pass will have to wait until the first week of August. You never stop being a mother!
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain

All -

ProgDay tickets have just now arrived from the printer! I'll get all of the advance-purchase orders filled this evening and in-the-mail first thing tomorrow. Folks should expect to receive their tickets by this weekend.

Greatly appreciate everyone's support!

Debi

All -

ProgDay tickets have just now arrived from the printer! I'll get all of the advance-purchase orders filled this evening and in-the-mail first thing tomorrow. Folks should expect to receive their tickets by this weekend.

Greatly appreciate everyone's support!

Debi
    Woot!

Yay!!!!!!!!

Great to hear you are considering coming to ProgDay this year (our 20th Anniversary Edition) and with a Patron Pass! We'd love to have you join us!

To answer your questions:

(1) Smoking is certainly allowed at Storybook, as there is plenty of open space for people to enjoy - and folks can easily walk-around the entire site, to include up to the stage. That said, everyone is considerate of their immediate surroundings and whether there are non-smokers in the general vicinity, and tend to make adjustments, accordingly. During the years I've been attending ProgDay, I've never seen a problem with smoking close to the stage. Most smokers take their breaks away from that area.

(2) You are correct - the Patron Pass will have the same advantage for entrance into The Arts Center, in the event of inclement weather. It has the added benefit of close-in parking, about 200+ feet from the stage.

Hope to see you at the festivities!

Debi
    To add to what Debi said (having volunteered at ProgDay for many years and often stayed late after picking up stuff), it really helps if people dispose of their cigarette butts properly...not toss them on the ground! Otherwise, it's never been a problem that I know of as it's open space.
    Deb S.
    The Prog-Rock Diner www.fcac.org/radio-fairfax
    SUNDAYS 10pm-12am EST

Patron Ticket has arrived. Thanks Debi!

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    Patron Ticket has arrived. Thanks Debi!
    Wow!! The USPS was quick!

Thanks for the confirmation, Mark - and for the support!

Got mine today!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Got mine today!
    Yay!! See you at the festivities, Jed!

Just got my patron tickets in the mail today as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptrick View Post
    Just got my patron tickets in the mail today as well!
    I'll never knock the postal service, again...!

Thanks for the kind support!

I didn't get mine, but then I buy mine at the guard shack.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I didn't get mine, but then I buy mine at the guard shack.
    Yes, the guards are always ready for you, Ed!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Deb, will I get my patron ticket when the regular tickets come out?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Deb, will I get my patron ticket when the regular tickets come out?
    Ian -

I mailed all of your tickets, including the Patron Pass, to Christine's address in Boston. Let me know if she doesn't receive it by Monday. I have a Master List of everyone who has purchased advance-sale tickets, in the event a ticket gets lost or forgotten at home before travels - so we'll always have everyone covered!

Yes, the guards are always ready for you, Ed!
    Ed needs constant supervision, so make sure the guards are ever vigilant, Deb!

I presume the coach (as opposed to first class) tickets will be mailed out in the near future.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Ian -

I mailed all of your tickets, including the Patron Pass, to Christine's address in Boston. Let me know if she doesn't receive it by Monday. I have a Master List of everyone who has purchased advance-sale tickets, in the event a ticket gets lost or forgotten at home before travels - so we'll always have everyone covered!
    Thanks Deb
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Ed needs constant supervision, so make sure the guards are ever vigilant, Deb!

I presume the coach (as opposed to first class) tickets will be mailed out in the near future.
    Steve -

All tickets were mailed at the same time (2:30 a.m. EST on Wednesday, after hours of envelope-stuffing and a healthy amount of Malbec), so I would expect it to hit your mailbox in Madison tomorrow. Let me know if you have any problem and I'll have Ed take it up with the guards...

Got my patron ticket today, Debi. Many thanks. First time in 10 years I go first class.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Steve -

All tickets were mailed at the same time (2:30 a.m. EST on Wednesday, after hours of envelope-stuffing and a healthy amount of Malbec), so I would expect it to hit your mailbox in Madison tomorrow. Let me know if you have any problem and I'll have Ed take it up with the guards...
    And hit it did!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    Got my patron ticket today, Debi. Many thanks. First time in 10 years I go first class.
    You're "first-class", every year, Lou - never absinthe (er...absent) of that!

Many thanks!

I just ordered ours, if it's too late to send them just let me know and we'll get them from you at the fest. We'll be there VERY late Thursday night. In fact our plane gets into RDU around 11:30pm so if there are 2 or 3 band members there at the same time that need a ride (and not too much equipment) let me know.
    Deb S.
    The Prog-Rock Diner www.fcac.org/radio-fairfax
    SUNDAYS 10pm-12am EST