Page 64 of 193 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 4806

Thread: New Releases Only

Quote Originally Posted by mike_hunt View Post
    https://soundcloud.com/rune-grammofo...nt-tommy-synth

New album by Norwegian Jazz Rock band Krokofant was released Friday.
    Digging this, for sure! Norway strikes again!!

neil

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post

neil
    hmmm... calculated chaos!

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    Listening to this now on Spotify. Country-Western Prog?
    Hmmm...Interesting. I don't hear it, but it's not the first time I've been accused of that. Thanks for listening!
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter" - Yoda

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

There will be a 15 CD + 1 DVD Box Set by Novalis in March.

One of the CDs will have some unreleased stuff (2 very early tracks AFAIK).

DVD will have some TV Shows and some private Super 8 film material.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    There will be a 15 CD + 1 DVD Box Set by Novalis in March.

One of the CDs will have some unreleased stuff (2 very early tracks AFAIK).

DVD will have some TV Shows and some private Super 8 film material.

Just looked that up, looks amazing!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Just looked that up, looks amazing!
    Certainly does. I've got all the Novalis albums I need though (I don't care for the 80s stuff), so I'll probably give it a miss. 150 euro is a bit much for a DVD and a 56 page booklet

https://soundcloud.com/rune-grammofo...nt-tommy-synth

New album by Norwegian Jazz Rock band Krokofant was released Friday.
    Just listened to this and it made think, "What if John McLaughlin and John Coltrane joined Magma".
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    Just listened to this and it made think, "What if John McLaughlin and John Coltrane joined Magma".
    Sold...

neil

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post

neil
    Yeah, I'm definitely enjoying it. Never heard of the band until this album. I've been following the Rune Grammofon label a bit lately and decided to check them out because of that association.

Pre-Orders are being taken on the 24th for I Can Spin A Rainbow, the new album by Amanda Palmer & Edward Ka-Spel.

Yeah, I'm definitely enjoying it. Never heard of the band until this album. I've been following the Rune Grammofon label a bit lately and decided to check them out because of that association.
    Although I admire Rune Grammafon's commitment to physical product, I wish that there was a convenient way to download it, like Cd Baby, or bandcamp, or something. Dealing with itunes or spotify to download is making me want to rip someone's spine out, lol.

neil

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Schnauser have signed to Bad Elephant & have a new album, Irritant', coming out in June.

SCHNAUSER - JOIN BEM FOR THE RELEASE OF 'IRRITANT'
    Bad Elephant Music is proud to announce the latest member of the BEM family, Bristolian progressive pop quintet Schnauser.
    With a twelve-year history and five full albums to their name, Alan Strawbridge, Duncan Gammon, Holly McIntosh and Jasper Williams are veterans of the music scene in their native southwest, and their psychedelic, Canterbury-esque signature sound, laced with biting satire and black comedy, has won significant acclaim from critics. Their next release, 'Irritant', looks set to add another new twist to their style, with the recent addition of saxophonist Dino Christodoulou and the eccentric production talents of Gaz Williams.
    Vocalist and guitarist Alan Strawbridge says: “We're all really looking forward to working with with Bad Elephant; enthusiastic and like-minded chaps with great taste and even better facial hair. Being on a label alongside The Brackish and Fierce and the Dead means we're in great company so it's a nice shot in the arm after a hiatus squirrelling away on our sixth album.”
    David Elliott of BEM adds: “Schnauser are a great band with a great pedigree and a wonderful, unique verve to their sound, and it’s a pleasure to have them on board. Irritant is the latest instalment in a long line of great albums, and we can’t wait for you to hear it.”
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Is anyone else following this deluge of releases from Angel Ontalva - the guitarist from October Equus, within the past 16 months? He is releasing through OctoberXart records. Some are very good, some are way out there, all are a tribute to a vast experimentalist guitarist.

Noreńa Suite by Alfa-On Trio, Yolanda Alba - flute, John Falcone - bassoon , Ángel Ontalva - electric guitar Recorded live on 23/01/2017 at the Casa de la Cultura de Noreńa, Asturias, Spain https://octoberxart.bandcamp.com/album/nore-a-suite

Studio Live Recorded while the rehearsals for the October Equus Quartet tour in France in Summer 2013, Alfonso Muńoz - alto & baritone saxes, Ángel Ontalva - guitar, Amanda Pazos Cosse - bass, Vasco Trilla - drums https://octoberxart.bandcamp.com/album/studio-live

Palace of Waiting by OBO, Alexey Kruglov - soprano & alto saxes, bassethorn, recorder, russian whistle, alto sax mouthpiece, prepared alto sax, prepared bassethorn, Anastasiya Masloboeva - voice, hammered dulcimer, psaltery, loops, Ángel Ontalva - guitar, bass, devices, Vasco Trilla - drums, percussion, toys, Music by OBO https://octoberxart.bandcamp.com/alb...al-cd-digipack

Pájaros en el abismo by Egea Ontalva Hall, Marc Egea hurdy gurdy, Ángel Ontalva guitar, Samuel Hall percussions, Recorded live at La Tortuga, Madrid, July 21, 2016 https://octoberxart.bandcamp.com/alb...s-en-el-abismo

Tierra Quemada by Ángel Ontalva with his band, https://octoberxart.bandcamp.com/alb...da-official-cd
    The Culture Cafe, Sundays 6-9am on WWUH-FM
    Broadcasting from the University of Hartford, CT at 91.3FM, streaming at www.wwuh.streamrewind.com and at www.wwuh.org

The Black Light - All Forgotten Dreams

Hi fellow prog lovers!

We're The Black Light, based in the UK, & we've recently joined the forum as we really wanted to share news about our album 'All Forgotten Dreams' that was released on 01/01/17 via a number of outlets including bandcamp, itunes & spotify.

The band’s sound is a progressive-leaning brand of rock that draws influence from modern prog bands such as Radiohead, Mew, Oceansize, Kaddisfly & Karnivool. The focus being on writing catchy melodic hooks combined with ambitious song structures, irregular rhythms & punchy riffs. The album was written as a bit of a love letter to our favourite music, but hopefully we've made our own distinctive sound. We'd really appreciate it if anyone with similar tastes would take a moment to check out some of our stuff.

Here's some links:
    https://open.spotify.com/album/7f5CITiwfvtI5zdih1pEEm
    https://theblacklightuk.bandcamp.com...rgotten-dreams

Thank you!

SHUSEI'S PROJECT - Same Dreamer

Outer Limits keyboardist with the guitarist of Outer Limits the bass player of Vienna and the drummer of Black Page

I noticed the new Yang CD on Steve's email update this morning. http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...-spc-1702.aspx

There are samples there. This is basically auto-buy for me, I really like their first two, the first one in particular which I spun last night.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    SHUSEI'S PROJECT - Same Dreamer

Outer Limits keyboardist with the guitarist of Outer Limits the bass player of Vienna and the drummer of Black Page

Not the best clip I've seen, but oké, it's the music that counts, which was nice.
    Here's the complete line-up (taken from https://www.facebook.com/TakashiAram...9899814994:0):
    Shusei (Pipe Organ, Keyboards)
    雅 絢恵 Ayae Miyabi (Vocal)
    相馬 優 Yuu Souma (Vocal)
    藤本 美樹 Miki Fujimoto (Violin)
    荒牧 隆 Takashi Aramaki (Guitar)
    永井 敏己 Toshimi Nagai (Fretless Bass)
    菅沼 孝三 Kozo Suganuma (Drums, Percussion)
    石田 芽 Mei Ishida (Chorus)
    沼田 志穂里 Shihori Numata (Chorus)
    田近 詩子 Utako Tajika (Chorus)
    渡邉 恵津子 Etsuko Watanabe (Chorus)

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Not the best clip I've seen, but oké, it's the music that counts, which was nice.
    Here's the complete line-up (taken from https://www.facebook.com/TakashiAram...9899814994:0):
    Shusei (Pipe Organ, Keyboards)
    雅 絢恵 Ayae Miyabi (Vocal)
    相馬 優 Yuu Souma (Vocal)
    藤本 美樹 Miki Fujimoto (Violin)
    荒牧 隆 Takashi Aramaki (Guitar)
    永井 敏己 Toshimi Nagai (Fretless Bass)
    菅沼 孝三 Kozo Suganuma (Drums, Percussion)
    石田 芽 Mei Ishida (Chorus)
    沼田 志穂里 Shihori Numata (Chorus)
    田近 詩子 Utako Tajika (Chorus)
    渡邉 恵津子 Etsuko Watanabe (Chorus)
    Yuup the vid is somewhat strange, but a bunch of guys who played with Vienna, Outer Limits, Gerad, ExhiVision, Black Page and the violin lady
    from Fantasmagoria sound promising to me.

Although Miki is awesome they should have got Ayasa from Sword of the Far East (best looking violin player I ever saw).
    (Of course this comment is total chauvinism).
    Last edited by TheH; 02-28-2017 at 05:11 PM.

^^ I'm a fan of Toshimi Nagai's frettless bassplaying on albums from ExhiVision, Lu7, Toshimi Project and Trimurti, so I might give this one a try.

Sensitive Skin by Kimmo Pojonen is an outstanding Acoustic/Electronic excursion based on his deconstruciton of the accordion sound. For lovers of the accordion it breaks the boundaries of what an acoustic instrument can do when electronics and a top notch collaborators are added. For those with an aversion to this maligned instrument, it is difficult to find a recognizable squeezebox sound in most of the songs.
    From the Rootsworld review:
    Composer and accordionist Pohjonen is joined by a strong cast of Finnish and European musicians, plus Kronos Quartet, on a series of his own compositions on this 2016 release. Sensitive Skin features nine new Pohjonen compositions that explore dynamic new sonic territory... Sensitive Skin was produced and mixed by James Spectrum, known for productions with Finnish bands Von Hertzen Brothers and Pepe Deluxe.
    Finnish musician Kimmo Pohjonen is living proof that the words “accordion” and “uninhibited” belong in the same sentence. It might seem an oxymoronic assertion, especially in the States, to those who may know the bellows only as the bane of childhood cool, but Pohjonen reminds us of the instrument's rich folk history and, more importantly, potential for innovation. To that end, he has outfitted his accordion as a musical generator par excellence, one that speaks electric and acoustic languages with equal fluency. Also fluent is the original art he has composed through and around his chosen medium. Recorded in his home studio, Sensitive Skin is the culmination of the many strands running through his previous albums. From classical to pop, jazz to film score, there's a little bit of something for every listener to bite into."
    Score this great release at CDRoots.com.
    The Culture Cafe, Sundays 6-9am on WWUH-FM
    Broadcasting from the University of Hartford, CT at 91.3FM, streaming at www.wwuh.streamrewind.com and at www.wwuh.org

Nova Collective "Dancing Machines" (OFFICIAL)

Available Worldwide March 10th, 2017

http://www.metalblade.com/novacollective/

^^ I'm a fan of Toshimi Nagai's frettless bassplaying on albums from ExhiVision, Lu7, Toshimi Project and Trimurti, so I might give this one a try.
    You and me both. Guy's a great player. Tone for days.....
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

New Thundercat album is quite good. Reminds me a bit of Zappa in parts

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post
    You and me both. Guy's a great player. Tone for days.....
    Holy freakin' crap, you guys aren't kidding. I sampled some of his stuff on Youtube. What amazing tone, even on the live clips! Definitely going to explore some of this stuff, thanks for the tip!

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Nova Collective "Dancing Machines" (OFFICIAL)

Available Worldwide March 10th, 2017

http://www.metalblade.com/novacollective/
    I like it!
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?