Page 13 of 192 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: New Releases Only

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    ^ I just looked at the website. I forgot there are guest vocalists, one of whom is Arjen's Lucassen, which explains why a couple of tracks sound a little too much like an Ayreon album. But most of the vocals sound like Cyrus. Anyone know Cyrus' real name?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Miley?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Oh! So who does the vocals on this album? It must be Cyrus then, right? Because it sure sounds like him. You have to pay extra for a lyric book. Boo! So I have no credits. The keyboards are very good though.
    There are 5 vocalists on this album:

Stewart Bell (Citizen Cain)
    Phil Allen (Citizen Cain)
    Arjen Anthony Lucassen (Ayreon)
    Simone Rossetti (The Watch)
    Bekah Mhairi Comrie

Listening to the new album by Phillipe Luttun, "The Taste of Wormwood". Really good!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mogilevs View Post
    There are 5 vocalists on this album:

Stewart Bell (Citizen Cain)
    Phil Allen (Citizen Cain)
    Arjen Anthony Lucassen (Ayreon)
    Simone Rossetti (The Watch)
    Bekah Mhairi Comrie
    Why are there so many vocals on it that sound like Cyrus? Or did I dream it?

Old man of prog
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    I just got the new album from Tin Spirits , "Scorch" , absolutely fantastic. The guitar player for those who aren't familiar with them is Dave Gregory from XTC & Big Big Train. He is in top form here.

I am not sure how "prog" this one is but it is really good. Very melodic and the musicianship is excellent.
    Love it and I think it's very prog. Lots of complicated time signatures and the last song is 15 minutes lol.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Why are there so many vocals on it that sound like Cyrus? Or did I dream it?
    Maybe cause all of them try to sound like Peter Gabriel, but don't. I think Cyrus (Scott) is his real name.

Saris from Germany will be back with their brand new album entitled 'Until We Have Faces'. The date of CD-release is October, 30th.

https://soundcloud.com/sarisband/set...ave-faces-edit

German 70s Proggers Ramses are back with a new Album:

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Has anyone heard the new Le Silo album, Kesamino?
    I was waitng to see if it would pop up in US shops but I may just spring for an import.
    We will have it, but it will have to wait for our next shipment from Japan; it just isn't possible to bring in only 8 copies of a Le Silo Cd on its own....
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Hands&Feet

Thought it would be worthy to share an album I've gotten into a lot recently... Hands & Feet (If you're in Tucson on November 5th, they're playing - PM for info), but this is just really rippin' stuff. Mostly instrumental (save for one track on CD)... "Instrumental Progressive Rock... with an emphasis on the ROCK"... band cites influences ranging from Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Guthrie Govan, even Van Halen... I hear also Steve Morse and at times Andy Latimer (certainly, another guitarist who plays "full body" expression like Andy does - if you've seen him live, you know what I mean). Check out the tunes and videos here @ http://www.reverbnation.com/handsfeet well worth it.

Uz Jsme Doma
    I'm not a huge fan, but I know there are some here that are. Pretty bizarre video.

The Culture Cafe, Sundays 6-9am on WWUH-FM
    Broadcasting from the University of Hartford, CT at 91.3FM, streaming at www.wwuh.streamrewind.com and at www.wwuh.org

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    That's off their last album "Caves" released in 2010.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    We will have it, but it will have to wait for our next shipment from Japan; it just isn't possible to bring in only 8 copies of a Le Silo Cd on its own....
    Okay, there's another reason to save up money.

Ne Obliviscaris - Citadel

released November 7th. It's now streaming. Opeth + Violin.

http://killyourstereo.com/news/10376...u-album-stream

451876.jpg

Lunatic Soul - Walking on a Flashlight Beam (Mariusz Duda side project). A dark, moody, emotional, atmospheric work, nicely executed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    German 70s Proggers Ramses are back with a new Album:

Interesting! That's a really great album cover and captures well the spirit of their original 70s albums.

Hopefully it's not a concept album about computer network intrusions....

Quote Originally Posted by progmeister View Post
    Love it and I think it's very prog. Lots of complicated time signatures and the last song is 15 minutes lol.

Oh yeah , after further listens I will amend my "not sure how prog this one is" comment to it is definitely prog. Not that it makes a difference. This one just gets better and better with each listen.

Scorch by Tin Spirits is one of the best albums I have heard this year.

Thurston Moore--The Best Day

The new Soen disc Tellurian is out tomorrow....
    Enjoy the moment... It's the only way to fly!

I posted earlier in this thread about UK band Flights releasing their first album - History Be Kind.

It's available as a bandcamp download or on vinyl - http://historybekind.bandcamp.com/releases

I think it's a great record -my favourite track is Disappointed But Not Surprised: - http://historybekind.bandcamp.com/tr...-not-surprised
    "One should never magnify the harsh light of reality with the mirror of prose onto the delicate wings of fantasy's butterfly"
    Thumpermonkey - How I Wrote The French Lieutenant's Woman

"I'm content to listen to what I like and keep my useless negative opinions about what I don't like to myself -- because no one is interested in hearing those anyway, and it contributes absolutely nothing to the conversation."
    aith01

Old man of prog
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff O'Donoghue View Post
    I posted earlier in this thread about UK band Flights releasing their first album - History Be Kind.

It's available as a bandcamp download or on vinyl - http://historybekind.bandcamp.com/releases

I think it's a great record -my favourite track is Disappointed But Not Surprised: - http://historybekind.bandcamp.com/tr...-not-surprised
    Thanks for the tip Geoff. Really digging this. Refreshing.

Just received "The Glissando Guitar Orchestra-Live At The Kozfest Festival 2014".Eight guitarists doing the"gliss bliss" thing live.Proceeds from this cd will benefit Daevid Allen,who is battling cancer.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide