Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Echolyn/ Conventum Trio- MTL Friday Oct 24, 2014

Echolyn/ Conventum Trio- MTL Friday Oct 24, 2014

Hot off the presses! See you there!

ECHOLYN finally back in Montreal!
    June 12, 2014 (Montreal) - FMPM is proud to welcome back ECHOLYN at long last and by popular demand on Friday, October 24, 2014 at the Gesù (1200 de Bleury).
    Eight years after their stunning performance at the first edition of the Montreal Progressive Music Festival, the Pennsylvania-based quintet will be back on the stage of the Gesù to perform music from their self-titled 2012 album and their upcoming September release, as well as many classic tracks from their vast discography spanning over 20 years!
    Renowned for their intricate and elegant arrangements mixing 70's prog rock with classic american rock, ECHOLYN is composed of Brett Kull on guitars, vocals, Ray Weston on vocals, guitar and bass, Chris Buzby on keyboards and vocals, Tom Hyatt on bass, and Paul Ramsey on drums and percussion. Inspired by groups such as Gentle Giant, their unique and innovative music is filled with both vocal and instrumental counterpoint, ranging from moving ballads to highly energetic heavy rock compositions.
    They will be accompanied by CONVENTUM TRIO as the opening act, comprising legendary '70s Quebec guitarist and composer André Duchesne, Bernard Falaise (of Miriodor) and Jean René.

PRE-SALE: Starting Saturday, June 14 at 10AM exclusively through www.progquebec.com.
    Tickets are $39.14 plus fees and taxes, and will be on sale to the public starting Saturday, June 21 at noon through Admission and at the Gesù box office (514-861-4036).
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    They will be accompanied by CONVENTUM TRIO as the opening act, comprising legendary '70s Quebec guitarist and composer André Duchesne, Bernard Falaise (of Miriodor) and Jean René.
    As if Echolyn aren't swell enough - THIS I'd like to see! Duchesne is one of THE truly interesting "composer guitarists" with any "prog" merit to speak of, IMHO...

"Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Sacre Bleu!

Could be time for a road trip!

neil

See you all there!

I'm curious about the opening act as well. Bernard Falaise is no slouch either!

I'll be by my computer at 10:00AM to score some primo seats! Le Gesu is such an acoustically fantastic venue!

10:00am today folks! I hope to see people from out of town there. It's a tall order to fill Le Gesu with a band like this, that isn't known here in Montreal. We need you proggers to fill some seats!

I'm on it, Yves.

neil

Just bought mine!

Going to see Echolyn in Montreal!

neil

Just snagged two tickets...
    <sig out of order>

See you guys there!

I bought 4 though I only needed 2. I'll probably give a pair away.

I look forward to seeing you again, Yves. It will be interesting seeing Echolyn again...this time I will be familiar with much of their music than I was when they played NEARFest.
    <sig out of order>

Chances are we'll be sitting next to each other as I don't think they moved too many tickets during this pre-sale. I know that a Friday night gig is tough to attend for out-of-towners.

I think my tickets were among the first 12 or so, so you're probably right that we'll be sitting nearby.

I hope they sell a lot more...
    <sig out of order>

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Karen and I are considering going but as we are also heading to the fair city of Montreal for Bryan Ferry in September, I'm curious as to whether the band might book a Boston-area date between their Jersey and Montreal shows. I believe their last NewEars gig was at the Lowell brewery, a great show, I brought my oldest son with me and he enjoyed it as well.

I'll be there.

Snagged two tickets... any tips on good hotels?

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Le Place phillipe (nice hotel, have stayed there often with my wife) is an alleyway away.

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    Le Place phillipe (nice hotel, have stayed there often with my wife) is an alleyway away.
    Fantastic, thanks! Now all that's left is to wait for the NHL schedule and try to get some Habs tix

Thanks for the hotel tip, Rick! Looks like a great location. Last time we were in Montreal (to see Frogg Cafe) we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. Not bad, not the greatest either. When we were trying to leave to go home the door to the underground parking garage stuck. There were 6 or 7 cars waiting to leave while hotel staff located a plank to pry open the door. Pretty comical.
    <sig out of order>

I see a Thursday night Quebec City gig. I hope that doesn't affect sales for Montreal the following night. Had the Quebec show been on the saturday instead, I may have been tempted to check it out. I can't do a Thursday night gig though. I have no unbooked vacation time in the bank.

I seriously thought the way they talked after the last cd came out that we would never see them or hear from them again. Good news for sure that they will be working on a new cd soon

Glad I have tickets for Montreal. Who knows, they may play Toronto, but I'd say that the odds are against. I'll just have to use a vacation day from next year.

...or I could be sick that day....yeah, that's it.....

neil